U2 @ NYC (May better than Oct?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I have tickets to 4 shows for NYC in October, but I can't stop thinking about seeing them in May.

Do you think the May show in NYC is going to be the best? I mean are they going to go all out because it's only one show in their top place to play (Boston second or maybe I'm wrong and it's 1st).

I guess my question is should I pay a sh#tload for tickets or just wait until Oct.

I do have tix in Boston the following week.

But I don't know if I can relax knowing U2 is playing in my backyard and I'm not there.

You know?

The best part of seeing them in MSG is I can walk home! No travel hassle!

Man, you got some heavy decisions to make, it can't be easy to chose u2 or not u2..

FFS, go and see them if you get the chance!

Not sure what FFS refers to, but I can only assume it's making fun of my seemingly obnoxious post.

My main question was do you think the May U2 show in NYC will trump the shows they pull off in Oct?

Hard to say whether May would be better than Oct, it would be subjective anyway.
Likely the show and setlist will have evolved by fall, so it would depend upon whether some songs you like in the current list are dropped or if Acrobat is added in the fall.
At any rate, I think the 2 1st leg shows with the biggest potential to be stand outs over all others are MSG 5-21 and Boston 5-28 for obvious reasons...but you just never know.

clerks said:
My main question was do you think the May U2 show in NYC will trump the shows they pull off in Oct?

I hope so. I have a ticket for the concert in May and I won't be there in the fall. ;)

Hewson said:
Hard to say whether May would be better than Oct, it would be subjective anyway.
Likely the show and setlist will have evolved by fall, so it would depend upon whether some songs you like in the current list are dropped or if Acrobat is added in the fall.
At any rate, I think the 2 1st leg shows with the biggest potential to be stand outs over all others are MSG 5-21 and Boston 5-28 for obvious reasons...but you just never know.

Those are the two shows I currently have GAs for! Yay!:happy:

I would say the shows at MSG in the Fall would be better. I think by that time they will have played around with the set list and new and old songs that haven't been played yet will make their appearence. The MSG show in May might be similar to the shows played so far. 7 shows at MSG in the Fall will guarantee varied set lists. It should be interesting to see what happens.

:cool:

Now the REAL question is will the first and last performances in October be better than the ones in between, given that they'll have switched up the setlist to keep things interesting and they want to enter and leave with a bang? (I hope not because I've got two "in between" tickets!)

i'm going in may and also in october. i've never seen a bad u2 show so i'm believing that all the nyc shows will be great. the question is should i try to locate a ticket for november?

The only reason May would be better is that the excitement in that place will be flat out unparalleled on this part of the tour. One show at MSG. They always play MSG better than Boston, and I'm saying that as a Boston faithful.

And another thing! Why the hell would you EVER abbreviate For Fuck's Sake? I mean, isn't the fun part saying "fuck" if you're even gonna say that? I detest the IMHO and IMO (we all know it's your damn opinion, you don't have to say that!) and SYCMIOYO and all that shit, but FFS really takes the cake.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE! FUCK!

there's something special about madison square garden (despite jim dolan's consistant attempts to ruin the place :mad:) for any event. the building has a lot of history behind it. they don't arrogantly call it the world's most famous arena for nothin'.

add in the fact that u2 shows in new york, like boston, are always special.

add in that it's the first MSG show since the now legendary post 9/11 shows.

add in that the first and last shows in any major market are usually the best... and this one is the first and the last MSG show of the first leg.

yea... all this doesn't neccesarily mean that it will be special... by all means, bono could come in with a cold and be all fucked up and it could suck.

but all the ingredients are there to make this show a memorable one.

Back
Top Bottom