U2 maybe coming to CALGARY!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosterjuice

Refugee
There are rumours going around that U2 might come to Calgary Sept. 29th and 30th!!!! The Calgary SUN posted an article about this and it is also on u2tours.com with other possible dates. Maybe the online petition payed off? or maybe u2 is doing this on purpose as a conitingency plan if the 3rd leg sells fast.

All Alberta fans: our prayers might be answered!!!!

Any date conflicts with the Calgary Flames?

Does this mean that the Edmonton GA ban is still in effect? I think there was a problem at a HOLE concert in the mid-90's.

U2FP

Well i had a petition going i really hope that somehow it will pay off and U2 will be coming to Calgary for sure.

I don't think there should be a problem with hockey at all... i have been in touch with people at the Saddledome and they had told me that it was in their best interest to have as many events possible since there won't be any hockey due to the NHL issues... so i am really excited and positive that it will happen..

Fingers, arms, legs and everything crossed people!!!!!!!

while i do hope this is true, it would have been nice to know before i used my code on ottawa tickets.

but, oh well, if they announce it, i'll definitely be there!

lmjhitman said:
while i do hope this is true, it would have been nice to know before i used my code on ottawa tickets.

but, oh well, if they announce it, i'll definitely be there!

I saved mine, just incase, and its gone now. I hope this is true, but just dont see it happening.

Fuck that would rule. I'd get a nice send off before heading to New York in October to see them. I was pretty shcoked when I first found out they were passing over Alberta considering how well the last two tours sold in Edmonton and calgary. This would be great news.

U2FanPeter said:
Does this mean that the Edmonton GA ban is still in effect? I think there was a problem at a HOLE concert in the mid-90's.
GA ban? Odd I don't recall anything of a GA ban. Unless you are speaking of large-scale shows (more than 2,000 people) but I am positive GA still goes through at Rexall Place. Green Day is coming in May and the floor is GA. I'm sure there may be others at Rexall Place which will be GA (Crue perhaps? Or others before...) As for Hole playing I thought they only hit Edmonton the EDGEfest tour at Commonwealth Stadium. If that was their only time in Edmonton (which I attended) I don't recall any GA problems...since the whole idea of EDGEfest was for it to be GA.

Although I may be ignorant and not be aware of anything like that in Edmonton. Not trying to get in an argument or anything, I would just be surprised if there was a GA-ban in Edmonton since I haven't heard of anything like that. There may have been one in the past for larger venues that I could have missed since I usually tend to go for the smaller shows.

Regardless - I have been quite excited since those 3rd leg rumors came out a few days back. Since then I have checked U2.com and Ticketmaster several times a day with hopes of seeing an update on there. More dates the better and if there are some in Calgary then I will be one happy camper.

...five weeks minus a day until their first show in Vancouver :D

gursky said:

GA ban? Odd I don't recall anything of a GA ban. Unless you are speaking of large-scale shows (more than 2,000 people) but I am positive GA still goes through at Rexall Place. Green Day is coming in May and the floor is GA. I'm sure there may be others at Rexall Place which will be GA (Crue perhaps? Or others before...) As for Hole playing I thought they only hit Edmonton the EDGEfest tour at Commonwealth Stadium. If that was their only time in Edmonton (which I attended) I don't recall any GA problems...since the whole idea of EDGEfest was for it to be GA.

Although I may be ignorant and not be aware of anything like that in Edmonton. Not trying to get in an argument or anything, I would just be surprised if there was a GA-ban in Edmonton since I haven't heard of anything like that. There may have been one in the past for larger venues that I could have missed since I usually tend to go for the smaller shows.

Regardless - I have been quite excited since those 3rd leg rumors came out a few days back. Since then I have checked U2.com and Ticketmaster several times a day with hopes of seeing an update on there. More dates the better and if there are some in Calgary then I will be one happy camper.

...five weeks minus a day until their first show in Vancouver :D

There is no GA ban in Edmonton. Motley Crue, Green Day and Velvet Revolver are all GA on the floor and if those shows can do it no doubt U2 can do it. I mean I have GA tickets for both Motley Crue and Velvet Revolver next week so....

Last edited:
Hallucination said:
There is no GA ban in Edmonton. Motley Crue, Green Day and Velvet Revolver are all GA on the floor and if those shows can do it no doubt U2 can do it. I mean I have GA tickets for both Motley Crue and Velvet Revolver next week so....
Alright, so it was just a regular Internet misunderstanding...

And now for something completely off-topic, that Velvet Revolver show is going to be amazing on Tuesday. It is starting my five concerts in eight week extraveganza (even though there are a LOT more coming into Edmonton they don't jive with my schedule). Looking forward to seeing Three Days Grace live as well - their album is quite entertaining.

/thread derail

EDIT: Although I will be at Velvet Revolver my mind will be wondering how those in San Diego are holding up with their Vertigo Tour kick off...

Last edited:
U2FanPeter said:
Any date conflicts with the Calgary Flames?

U2FP

Sep29 and 30 are the NHL preseason. Actual season doesn't start until mid-october.

I have a good feeling about this.

gursky said:

Alright, so it was just a regular Internet misunderstanding...

And now for something completely off-topic, that Velvet Revolver show is going to be amazing on Tuesday. It is starting my five concerts in eight week extraveganza (even though there are a LOT more coming into Edmonton they don't jive with my schedule). Looking forward to seeing Three Days Grace live as well - their album is quite entertaining.

/thread derail

EDIT: Although I will be at Velvet Revolver my mind will be wondering how those in San Diego are holding up with their Vertigo Tour kick off...

I hear ya! VR kicks off the greatest month of concerts ever for me at least.
March 29th - Velvet Revolver - Edmonton
April 2nd - Motley Crue - Edmonton
April 9th - David Usher - Edmonton
April 10th - David Usher - Red Deer
April 26th - The Killers w/Tegan and Sara - Edmonton
April 28th - U2 - Vancouver
April 29th - U2 - Vancouver

:ohmy: I'm gonna be tired come May.

:laugh:

With the announcement of the new presales for Oakland and San Fran i have a new found hope that the Calgary dates will be added! Anyone heard anything?

I as sooo glad that i still have my propaganda presale code!!!!

this is not a joke/rumour...yesterday TM had an ad on the call-line for the shows on 29 & 30 of sept. at the Saddledome..I waited for a real voice...inquired about tix...got put hold...then got cut off....not suprisingly

Hallucination said:
March 29th - Velvet Revolver - Edmonton
If Tuesday night was any indication for how much fun you're going to be having in the next few weeks then I would consider yourself very fortunate. I recorded the show on Tuesday night so if you are interested in getting hooked up with a copy I can mail one out to you when I have finished editing it (normalizing and possibly boosting vocals as Rexall has a muddy sound).

You are hitting some pretty impressive shows, before I leave for Vancouver I am only seeing one show and that is Death From Above 1979. I have a few scheduled after April, but there are a lot of great acts coming through: Sloan, Thornley, Tea Party and Collective Soul in addition to the ones you mentioned. Sadly I can't make any of those ones but I hope the summer months are as great for concerts as April/May is shaping up to be.

captredwing said:
I would not lie about this.
I have been checking the TM sites and U2 tour gossip pages and no confirmation on this. Did you call back and get any further input or when an official announcement could be made? Or is this an early April fools joke for us hopeful Albertan fans...

Back
Top Bottom