U2 maybe coming to CALGARY!!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Tour Dates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2005, 07:52 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 07:32 PM
U2 maybe coming to CALGARY!!!

There are rumours going around that U2 might come to Calgary Sept. 29th and 30th!!!! The Calgary SUN posted an article about this and it is also on u2tours.com with other possible dates. Maybe the online petition payed off? or maybe u2 is doing this on purpose as a conitingency plan if the 3rd leg sells fast.

All Alberta fans: our prayers might be answered!!!!

Old 03-25-2005, 07:57 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:32 AM
Any date conflicts with the Calgary Flames?

Does this mean that the Edmonton GA ban is still in effect? I think there was a problem at a HOLE concert in the mid-90's.

U2FP

Old 03-25-2005, 08:23 AM   #3
War Child

Local Time: 06:32 PM
Who cares about hockey, I hope U2 does come to Alberta. It would be great if they played in Calgary and Edmonton!!!!
Old 03-25-2005, 08:32 AM   #4
The Fly

Well i had a petition going i really hope that somehow it will pay off and U2 will be coming to Calgary for sure.

I don't think there should be a problem with hockey at all... i have been in touch with people at the Saddledome and they had told me that it was in their best interest to have as many events possible since there won't be any hockey due to the NHL issues... so i am really excited and positive that it will happen..

Fingers, arms, legs and everything crossed people!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2005, 11:24 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

while i do hope this is true, it would have been nice to know before i used my code on ottawa tickets.

but, oh well, if they announce it, i'll definitely be there!
Old 03-25-2005, 11:48 AM   #6
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by lmjhitman
while i do hope this is true, it would have been nice to know before i used my code on ottawa tickets.

but, oh well, if they announce it, i'll definitely be there!

I saved mine, just incase, and its gone now. I hope this is true, but just dont see it happening.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:15 PM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 08:32 PM
Fuck that would rule. I'd get a nice send off before heading to New York in October to see them. I was pretty shcoked when I first found out they were passing over Alberta considering how well the last two tours sold in Edmonton and calgary. This would be great news.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:31 PM   #8
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by U2FanPeter
Does this mean that the Edmonton GA ban is still in effect? I think there was a problem at a HOLE concert in the mid-90's.
GA ban? Odd I don't recall anything of a GA ban. Unless you are speaking of large-scale shows (more than 2,000 people) but I am positive GA still goes through at Rexall Place. Green Day is coming in May and the floor is GA. I'm sure there may be others at Rexall Place which will be GA (Crue perhaps? Or others before...) As for Hole playing I thought they only hit Edmonton the EDGEfest tour at Commonwealth Stadium. If that was their only time in Edmonton (which I attended) I don't recall any GA problems...since the whole idea of EDGEfest was for it to be GA.

Although I may be ignorant and not be aware of anything like that in Edmonton. Not trying to get in an argument or anything, I would just be surprised if there was a GA-ban in Edmonton since I haven't heard of anything like that. There may have been one in the past for larger venues that I could have missed since I usually tend to go for the smaller shows.

Regardless - I have been quite excited since those 3rd leg rumors came out a few days back. Since then I have checked U2.com and Ticketmaster several times a day with hopes of seeing an update on there. More dates the better and if there are some in Calgary then I will be one happy camper.

...five weeks minus a day until their first show in Vancouver
Old 03-25-2005, 05:00 PM   #9
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by gursky

GA ban? Odd I don't recall anything of a GA ban. Unless you are speaking of large-scale shows (more than 2,000 people) but I am positive GA still goes through at Rexall Place. Green Day is coming in May and the floor is GA. I'm sure there may be others at Rexall Place which will be GA (Crue perhaps? Or others before...) As for Hole playing I thought they only hit Edmonton the EDGEfest tour at Commonwealth Stadium. If that was their only time in Edmonton (which I attended) I don't recall any GA problems...since the whole idea of EDGEfest was for it to be GA.

Although I may be ignorant and not be aware of anything like that in Edmonton. Not trying to get in an argument or anything, I would just be surprised if there was a GA-ban in Edmonton since I haven't heard of anything like that. There may have been one in the past for larger venues that I could have missed since I usually tend to go for the smaller shows.

Regardless - I have been quite excited since those 3rd leg rumors came out a few days back. Since then I have checked U2.com and Ticketmaster several times a day with hopes of seeing an update on there. More dates the better and if there are some in Calgary then I will be one happy camper.

...five weeks minus a day until their first show in Vancouver
There is no GA ban in Edmonton. Motley Crue, Green Day and Velvet Revolver are all GA on the floor and if those shows can do it no doubt U2 can do it. I mean I have GA tickets for both Motley Crue and Velvet Revolver next week so....
Old 03-25-2005, 06:46 PM   #10
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Hallucination
There is no GA ban in Edmonton. Motley Crue, Green Day and Velvet Revolver are all GA on the floor and if those shows can do it no doubt U2 can do it. I mean I have GA tickets for both Motley Crue and Velvet Revolver next week so....
Alright, so it was just a regular Internet misunderstanding...

And now for something completely off-topic, that Velvet Revolver show is going to be amazing on Tuesday. It is starting my five concerts in eight week extraveganza (even though there are a LOT more coming into Edmonton they don't jive with my schedule). Looking forward to seeing Three Days Grace live as well - their album is quite entertaining.

/thread derail

EDIT: Although I will be at Velvet Revolver my mind will be wondering how those in San Diego are holding up with their Vertigo Tour kick off...
Old 03-26-2005, 07:26 AM   #11
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2FanPeter
Any date conflicts with the Calgary Flames?

U2FP
Sep29 and 30 are the NHL preseason. Actual season doesn't start until mid-october.

I have a good feeling about this.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:53 PM   #12
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by gursky

Alright, so it was just a regular Internet misunderstanding...

And now for something completely off-topic, that Velvet Revolver show is going to be amazing on Tuesday. It is starting my five concerts in eight week extraveganza (even though there are a LOT more coming into Edmonton they don't jive with my schedule). Looking forward to seeing Three Days Grace live as well - their album is quite entertaining.

/thread derail

EDIT: Although I will be at Velvet Revolver my mind will be wondering how those in San Diego are holding up with their Vertigo Tour kick off...
I hear ya! VR kicks off the greatest month of concerts ever for me at least.
March 29th - Velvet Revolver - Edmonton
April 2nd - Motley Crue - Edmonton
April 9th - David Usher - Edmonton
April 10th - David Usher - Red Deer
April 26th - The Killers w/Tegan and Sara - Edmonton
April 28th - U2 - Vancouver
April 29th - U2 - Vancouver

I'm gonna be tired come May.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2005, 05:46 AM   #13
Refugee

With the announcement of the new presales for Oakland and San Fran i have a new found hope that the Calgary dates will be added! Anyone heard anything?

I as sooo glad that i still have my propaganda presale code!!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 11:52 AM   #14
Refugee

WINNIPEG!!!!!!!!!!!!

please come to Winnipeg!
Old 03-30-2005, 06:45 PM   #15
The Fly

Local Time: 06:32 PM
this is not a joke/rumour...yesterday TM had an ad on the call-line for the shows on 29 & 30 of sept. at the Saddledome..I waited for a real voice...inquired about tix...got put hold...then got cut off....not suprisingly