U2 in Boston this Summer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemon_pop

Babyface
Has anyone heard any more about the possibility of U2 returning to Boston this Summer to play at Fenway? The last I heard of this was in the Boston Globe back in August of '05. I hope they come.

There is no possible way they will be playing in Boston this summer. Or anywhere else.

:drool: I first read about this when the Globe published that short article in August, it was exciting then, but the idea of the tour that i was sure i'd see no more of possibly returning is really exciting!!! I LOVE BOSTON :)

The tour ends in Hawaii, there will be no more dates after that. Besides I'd like to think they would do a 2nd leg in Europe before going back to the US again if it was to carry on past April.

I did hear from several sources that they will be extending the tour further due to the fact that they won all those grammys! But only the band knows whether that is a certainty. But hey lets keep our fingers crossed anyway. You never know what'll happen!

This summer's Fenway act appears to be the Dave Matthews Band.
Though thats not official yet, so you didn't hear it or the dates July 7 and 8 from me.

lemon_pop said:
Has anyone heard any more about the possibility of U2 returning to Boston this Summer to play at Fenway? The last I heard of this was in the Boston Globe back in August of '05. I hope they come.

I think it's almost certainly safe to say that the answer to that is no. The next few months are for the band member to spend time with their sick family member.

U2 will reschedule the 10 original dates in November, of which we should find out the exact dates any day now, and that will be it. End of tour. I wouldn't expect even one additional date to be added anywhere. Once done, they'll enjoy Xmas & New Year with their families and reconvene at the start of 2007 to start work on the follow up to HTDAAB.

Re: Re: U2 in Boston this Summer?

neilm said:

I think it's almost certainly safe to say that the answer to that is no. The next few months are for the band member to spend time with their sick family member.

U2 will reschedule the 10 original dates in November, of which we should find out the exact dates any day now, and that will be it. End of tour. I wouldn't expect even one additional date to be added anywhere. Once done, they'll enjoy Xmas & New Year with their families and reconvene at the start of 2007 to start work on the follow up to HTDAAB.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I believe they will work on starting the new album this year. Bono had stated to the press that he was going to make an album with U2 in 2006. I never took this to me that it would be released in 2006, but I feel based on those comments and what he just said on the radio in New Zealand, that prliminary work will begin on the album this year.

John Sampson indicated to fans in Los Angeles in November that Bono was house hunting in Malibu, so if he does buy, he will be close to Edge regardless of which house Edge is in: Dublin, France or Malibu. I think this means that at a minimum, the songwriting for the next U2 album will be underway in 2006.

I just got off the phone with Next Adventure about the tour re-scheduling. Those poor folks are just as stressed about this whole postponement of the tour. They took my name and number to give me, along with dozens of others, a call when the Hawaii date is released but she says at this point no news on Hawaii, it's all up to insurances she said, as far as a definite reschedule, another postponement or cancellation. Man if the band kno2ws what some of us have beeen experiencing.... They were hoping to have an announcement this week sometime but she doesn't know now..... and they are adding a few more shows to some areas where the 10 that were postponed were to be held. There are no shows planned beyond NZ/AU, Japan, Hawaii for this tour.

Now knowing this, who knows what the summer will bring I guess

466953.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Guess what! Theyr'e coming to the Tweeter Center this August! I was talking to a former student of yours and she said her mom works for the tweeter center. This date has not yet been cancelled/postponed, so we'll find out whether this date has been postponed or not sooner or later. She said she'll keep her eyes peeled for both the Tweeter Center and Fenway. Whether they come or not is unknown-just keep your fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom