U2 filming at Corner Hotel, Melbourne?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2melb

Babyface
Hi all (Melbourne2 was f***ing brilliant!)

I just heard on the 5pm news that U2 were filming a clip at the Corner Hotel, Swan St, Richmond here in Melbourne today (Monday).

Someone mentioned that they saw Bono in nearby Bridge Rd or thereabouts a few days back.

Anyone know about the Corner Hotel filming?

From the footage that they showed of the exterior of the Corner Hotel venue, I couldn't tell whether or not they were setting up or packing up, and I don't know if the filming (if they are/were) has already happened or will happen this evening.

Bono met Aust. Treasurer Peter Costello today for about an hour, so by my logic, I'm guessing maybe they are filming tonight - or tomorrow, unless they've headed for Auckland by then?

Just looking at cornerhotel.com - no mention there.

I haven't got access to a phone at present, if anyone can ring here are CH's phone numbers:

Normal phone line / Box office (ticket sales, enquiries): 03 9427 9198

they are filming the video for Windows in the Sky at the Corner hotel. I am there as one of the 300 extras and our job is to run down the stairs like we are going to a live pub gig.

The boys will be on stage pretending to be a "Pub" band.

Classic.

Then they are going to throw a pparty for everyone.

Brilliant.

Get to the Corner Hotel now.

The Edge just walked past me, how cool. He has a blueberry like me and is typing some email to someone somewhere in the world.

Honestly, the Boys are just buming around waiting for the video to be ready. Signing a few autographs and talking to the roadies.

Word is that they are going to have a huge party at the Corner for everyone after the filming.

They couldn't record it at a better pub. Both Prince, Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney have played at the Corner. It is one of the most iconic Pubs in the world.

Adam is about 10 metres away just laughing with one of the Roadies.

This is like Heaven.

Hey Bono in Melb - can you tell how many cameramen are there? Do you see an older, maybe 50-something guy that may have reddish hair. If he answers to Rusty, tell him I said hello :hyper: And to send me some souvenirs :wink:

U2 are going to throw a party for everyone involved in the filming of the clip after it is shot.

My thoughts are that U2 have taken over the Corner Hotel for the night.

The filming will take at least an hour.

After that, who knows!

Maybe they will play some tunes but they will hang around for awhile. They really have no where else to go.

Ohhhh! This all sounds so very, VERY tempting!

By the time I'd get there, they'll be inside though...would it still be worth it? It's so hard to tell!

It's still relatively quiet. A few hoons trying to bunnyhop the tram lines and blowing their hornes but not that many people mulling around.

The boys have all gone in to the Corner now and I am about to go in as one of the extras so I will talk later.

gr@cie said:
So is this for real?? :)

I met a guy in the line on saturday who said they were filming something in melbourne today - he works in film production. I knew I should have stayed in Melbourne for the day... damn uni exams

gr@cie said:
So is this for real?? :)

Reported on Channel 9 News as the second item with a live report from the Corner Hotel. Probably too late to get involved now but great for a lucky bunch of people. The Corner is a great venue, seen many bands there over the years. Mick Jagger played a gig there back in the late 80s

Yes, the rumours said they're shooting the video for WITS on Monday (today) in Melbourne.

boxa said:

Reported on Channel 9 News as the second item with a live report from the Corner Hotel. Probably too late to get involved now but great for a lucky bunch of people. The Corner is a great venue, seen many bands there over the years. Mick Jagger played a gig there back in the late 80s

Cool. Yeah I have seen a few bands there.
Wow I can't wait to see the video then. Imagine that - U2 making a video in my home town.

Oh yeah...any word on who's directing?

Is it Lowenstein (who directed the Melbourne shows) or someone new?

kennerado said:
I bet Lowenstein is directing.

That would be perfect - he made 'Dogs in Space' around Richmond and the Corner still has a bit of that '80s post punk grunge.

Just got back from The Corner.

I was outside with a decent size crowd. First off to set the scene The Corner is a kickass pub, a down and dirty type of place.
You could hear the song playing from outside and the crowd going nuts inside.

There are 2 exits the band to the venue. Most of the crowd was at one exit, which is where Larry left from, the rest of the band left from the other exit but I, and most of the crowd were gathered at the Larry one, even the camera crews.

Larry was great, spent about 10 minutes or so making his way around the car signing autographs and posing for photos. Alas I missed out on both but it was fun to be there anyway, even though the rest of the band went out the other way ;)

Loewenstein? that would really be great - but I bet NOT! has he made somenting with U2 in the last 15 years? Is he still alive?

I love his Syndey Special and I really like the Desire-Video:drool:

Its over.

It was mainly crowd scenes watching them sing and play on the stage and some shots running up and down stairs and if anyone knows the Corner, us extras all standing around in the Beer Garden with Bono singing up there as well.

The sunset was one of the prettiest of all time and they did a shot of Bono and Larry upstairs sing and watching the sunset.

Back
Top Bottom