U2 definite for Soldier Field!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
yes grammy winners and performers tend to get a sales boost after the show... all that you can't leave behind jumped into the top 25 a year after it's release following the grammys... but is a temporary 2 week boost in sales really enough for them to scrap their ideas and go back out to do stadiums in north america?

i sure hope so, but i doubt it.

If the album sold a staggering 1 million copies(just in the USA) in just 4 or 5 weeks following a Grammy sweep, they might think about it. Even if they sweep the Grammy's, album sales in the following weeks are not going to be anywhere near that although there will be a massive jump in sales from where the album is now.

New Grammy Announcements Today

Pop Artist said:

I bet they will. The Grammys only just announced the first three performers (Kanye West, John Legend and Mariah Carey) two days ago, there will definitely be more announced in the coming two weeks.

Today they announced Cold Play and Springsteen will play at the grammys.

i think u2 over-estimated the stadium draw in hawaii... it's a very expensive trip to make, esp. with many people still paying off christmas debts and preparing for tax season.

yes, it's a tropical paradise... and it would be a dream to go, but right now i just can't afford to drop at least a grand for a single weekend, and i'm sure many others who would love to go are in the same boat.

i think u2 over-estimated the stadium draw in hawaii... it's a very expensive trip to make, esp. with many people still paying off christmas debts and preparing for tax season.

yes, it's a tropical paradise... and it would be a dream to go, but right now i just can't afford to drop at least a grand for a single weekend, and i'm sure many others who would love to go are in the same boat.

Totally agree with you!

Stadium tours seem to be disapearing with so many indoor venues that have a lower risk of raining out.

This tours never gonna end! :lol:

Prehaps they should give us a list of the rescheduled dates before they go preparing more shows in a country that never gets any :wink:

Does anybody think they might be delaying the new dates to see where the Stones end up?

There's always the possibility that they could add a couple of extra Aussie dates and a few more in Europe to overtake the Stones grand total.

I'm just curious whether that might be playing in the back of their minds. This is a really great opportunity to be the highest grossing tour of all time, and they could easily sellout another stadium tour of Europe.

Sken said:
I'm just curious whether that might be playing in the back of their minds. This is a really great opportunity to be the highest grossing tour of all time, and they could easily sellout another stadium tour of Europe.

And While I'm in Europe...that would be :drool: :hyper: :combust: :rockon: :love:

Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 definite for Soldier Field!

cleazer said:
Wouldn't it be cool if the new record was already done (Mercy, etc...), and there really is a summer stadium tour, and they debuted a whole bunch of new songs from the new album in Hawaii? :hyper:

Yes, I've been consuming beverages tonight.

I had that thought too Cleazer. It would be awesome for folks here. We don't get anything here first.

Sken said:
Does anybody think they might be delaying the new dates to see where the Stones end up?

There's always the possibility that they could add a couple of extra Aussie dates and a few more in Europe to overtake the Stones grand total.

Here is where both tours are currently:

VERTIGO TOUR
GROSS: $333,206,884
ATTENDANCE: 3,983,650
SHOWS: 118

A BIGGER BANG TOUR
GROSS: $256,038,439
ATTENDANCE: 1,995,071
SHOWS: 72

U2 already has a nice lead, but I'm sure they are only going to be playing 10 more shows, while the Stones are going to do 21+. The Stones plan to add dates in the Fall in the USA and Asia, after they finish Europe, in an attempt to surpass the total U2 will have once they complete the remaining 10 shows of the Vertigo Tour.

I think its obvious U2 could now beat the Stones in an all out contest, but their content to finish the remaining 10 shows. Its the Stones that are scrambling to find a way to insure they can out gross U2 on the road to include, touring indefinitely until it happens I think.

by the way the backyard show went off without a hitch. hewson cooks a mean sausage. pearl jam opened with theo epstein on guitar. it was awesome

Once again, thanks for the invite! I would have never dreamed they were going to play a 3 hour set. The 2 new songs kicked ass as well!

Back
Top Bottom