u2.com - thank you for your patience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adrball

Refugee
We at U2.com would like to thank you for your patience around the recent postponement of the Vertigo Tour dates. As we're sure you can appreciate, changes of this nature generate a great deal of work behind the scenes.

We hope to have the situation resolved soon. We apologise for the delay and thank you again for your continued patience.

Long overdue but I am now placated by this communication. There should be no need to refer to the Denton interview anymore.

So how long is 'soon'? lol

Seeing they are releasing that statement it probably be atleast a month before they announce anything. Because if it was within a month they would of just announced the new dates.

But the good news is it sounds like they will be completing the dates!! :)

Who knows if it will November or december or even later though... ??

Sounds a little noncommittal to me

Anyone else notice how noncommittal this announcement is? No promise of shows, only a promise of "a resolution to the situation". It would seem as though the lawyers have advised the band to keep cancellation on the table as an option. Well, at least it was better than continued silence...

Well, the statement is better than nothing I suppose :rolleyes: but I'm very curious as to when these supposed dates are going to happen, now that Pearl Jam and Robbie Williams* have a lot of the Nov/Dec stadium dates tied up.

*Robbie sold out AAMI Stadium in two hours, faster than U2, fact fans! :love:

blueeyedgirl said:
Well, the statement is better than nothing I suppose :rolleyes: but I'm very curious as to when these supposed dates are going to happen, now that Pearl Jam and Robbie Williams* have a lot of the Nov/Dec stadium dates tied up.

*Robbie sold out AAMI Stadium in two hours, faster than U2, fact fans! :love:

Shouldnt be too much of a problem with the scheduling, U2 could actually be in the country at the same time as Robbie without any scheduling hassles, as long as shows at the same venue were at least a week apart.
As for Pearl Jam they are playing arenas with the exception of Perth, but U2 won't have a Perth concert... or maybe they will.
I'd have to say that I think the U2 dates will be BEFORE Robbie Williams, maybe overlapping at the start of the Robbie dates.

In regards to Robbie selling out AAMI Stadium so fast, its kinda weird cos with U2, it was gridlock on the phones and internet for the first three hours, you just couldn't get through, yet they sold 30,000 in those first 3 hours as opposed to 50,000 for Robbie in 2 hours!
Then again the Robbie show is with Ticketek and they might have a better setup than Ticketmaster.

Earnie Shavers said:

No stadium concerts will ever occur during the football season.

November/December.

I think they mean that the dates are announced in August, not the actual shows happening.

Earnie Shavers said:

No stadium concerts will ever occur during the football season.

November/December.

I know. I meant the date announcement by U2.com in August, as that's two months before November.

Axver said:

I know. I meant the date announcement by U2.com in August, as that's two months before November.

I agree - if September gets here and no dates have been announced, we're all gonna be a little :crazy:

We're screwed if no announcement before September!

MsGiggles said:

I agree - if September gets here and no dates have been announced, we're all gonna be a little :crazy:
That's not going to be nearly enough time to make plane reservations for that time of the year. For example, if the Auckland shows are 24 & 25 November as appears likely, those of us coming from the US are going to have to contend with the rush of Thanksgiving travelers. Supposedly, the current holdup in the release of dates is over insurance, presumably insurance in case of another postponement/cancellation. If it's really not going to be until September, I'll have one GA for each of the Auckland shows available, so check back :sad:

Re: We're screwed if no announcement before September!

TampaDan said:

That's not going to be nearly enough time to make plane reservations for that time of the year. For example, if the Auckland shows are 24 & 25 November as appears likely, those of us coming from the US are going to have to contend with the rush of Thanksgiving travelers. Supposedly, the current holdup in the release of dates is over insurance, presumably insurance in case of another postponement/cancellation. If it's really not going to be until September, I'll have one GA for each of the Auckland shows available, so check back :sad:

But I'm still thinking it won't be til August before they confirm anything....I'd like to book my flights now based on the rumoured dates if those are the ones that are going to be confirmed....but don't want to pay the hefty fines on top of any additional fare... :|

Back
Top Bottom