U2.com - dates within the next "week"! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
adrball said:
who cares anyway?...there's no friggin announcement coming.

always thought the US was between 5-8 hours and have Daylight Saving time.

I actually think there will be an announcement. I place some trust in the U2NewZooland sources.

The US east coast is on daylight saving too; I only mentioned it for the UK because, to me, it seems counter-intuitive for a UK time to be anything but 0000 GMT, so I clarified that it's +0100 due to daylight savings.

Sans daylight savings, the US east coast is -0500 GMT (edit: and the US west coast is -0800 GMT).

I was doing 8 - 1 = 7!!
Stupid.

Since my parents are in Western Europe, I know exactly what time it is there at certain times for me here.

6AM for me is 3 PM there, but 2PM in the UK.

Shag On A Rock said:
Okay, what have I missed.

Lots of rumours fresh off the Bullshit Press. The latest edition says that John Howard and his Neo-Liberal Hip Hop Crew will open for U2 in Sydney.

I watered the garden last night cos its been hot and dry for a good few weeks...only to wake up this morning with it pissing it down with rain.

THERE WILL BE NO ANNOUNCEMENT TODAY

Shag On A Rock said:
Zooticians message is playing Vertigo and Miracle Drug.

Great. Now it's Crumbs from your table.
Yes, that's right we're waiting for the crumbs to fall of the damn table.

The message is playing HTDAAB.

One step closer to knowing.

Hahaha!
How fitting.

Last edited:
Shag On A Rock said:
Which John Howard? :hyper:

The Prime Minister we all know and want to assassinate.

At the final Sydney show, Howard and his Hip Hop Crew will be joined by two very special guests with the last names of Blair and Bush ... :shh:

Axver said:

The Prime Minister we all know and want to assassinate.

At the final Sydney show, Howard and his Hip Hop Crew will be joined by two very special guests with the last names of Blair and Bush ... :shh:

You mean they'll be in the one place at the same time? :drool:

Shag On A Rock said:

You mean they'll be in the one place at the same time? :drool:

Yes, and all members of the crowd get a whole bucket of tomatos when they arrive at the stadium. :drool:

Shag On A Rock said:
I'm up to City of Blinding Lights. You must be in a faster time zone than me.

Well, you DO live in Perth. I didn't think the invention of recorded music had even got to you lot. :wink:

Miringeltje said:
At what time did that 24 appear on u2.com?

This morning, around 7am my time I think. So that 24 hours should be up in around eight hours.

... not that that's necessarily meaningful, given U2.com's hazy understanding of how long a week is ...

Well, I'm out for the night. I hope the rumours of an announcement of dates come to fruition. I might set my alarm early ...

Miringeltje said:

That would make it 10 PM UK time.

:hmm: I somehow doubt that.
But OK.

wel the original "1 week" announcement appeared at 10pm uk time so its not that unlikely

i'll believe it when i see it though, i'm not holding my breath on this one!

oh yeah, where is that 24 thing anyway, i can't see it and have no idea what you're takling about :happy:

I think it was in Zootician's . thread.
Where the morse code is now.

So the 'within next week' announcement was put online at 10 PM UK time.
Good to know.
10 PM UK time today could be true then.

I'm thinking 8.17 PM UK time / 3.17 PM East Coast USA / 12.17 PM West Coast USA. :wink:

Last edited:
I slept for 10 hours and I feel great - much more than most in this thread I see.

Axver said:
People, let's not confuse ourselves. Here's a handy time comparison:

Brisbane: 3am, 21/07
London: 6pm, 20/07
New York: 1pm, 20/07
... are all the same time. Australia's east coast is currently 9 hours ahead of the UK and the US's east coast is currently 5 hours behind.

Damn it, Axver, the East Coast example has to be Philadelphia! How many times have I said this?

MacHat said:
MV, the owner/admin of the U2 New Zooland webpage and forum, has just posted over there that he received official notice from Michael Coppel Presents that the new dates will be announce "tonight, UK time"

Link to forum post

:hmm:

I did say earlier that they would certainly do it by Irish time, not even thinking about the countries it actually affects, didn't I?

Well, I guess there has been no announcement yet. :sigh: I come here first thing every morning now, hoping for some good news. A 10pm UK time announcement today would be wonderful. So that would make it 2pm my time. Here's hoping that will happen then, if not sooner. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom