U2.com - dates within the next "week"! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lila64 said:
BS Press: Opening band to only play 24 minutes! :happy:

The opening band comprises 24 members and each gets to play a 24 second solo on their instrument of choice.

Bono will guest with them and perform a tambourine solo at the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 12th, and 24th Cunnamulla shows.

Axver said:
More from the Bullshit Press: U2 will play an unprecedented 24 nights at the main pub in Cunnamulla, Queensland.

Front bar or beer garden???

This thread's making my work day actually bearable!!!! :yes: Dear God....:huh:

beverage_map03.jpg

24 ounce drinks for everyone :drunk:
(all this talk is making me thirsty!)

OK peeps, I'm outta here in a couple of minutes, my bed beckons. I EXPECT to see dates when I wake up or else I'm gonna whoop some u2.com ass. :)

BTW, just picked this up on @U2's forum posted about half an hour ago re: the reported Carter Alan remarks ...

Hawaii radio just has Carter Alan on, he said he was just guessing with all of this and with an information age he was instantly quoted on the internet. He had no leads on anything. Word in Hawaii is still the 9th, possibly the 10th with Pearl Jam.

blueeyedgirl said:

Front bar or beer garden???

Front bar for the first 12, beer garden for the second 12.

The band may also busk during the day outside the pub to raise enough money to buy drinks. Bono is busy learning the lyrics to Pub With No Beer right now, altering them to Bono With No Guinness.

blueeyedgirl said:
Will he then do that great Aussie classic "It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll"???? :hyper:

No, that's just too much for him to remember. However, don't worry, it will be played! Adam and Larry are working out vocal harmonies right now. They're here in my living room, and they're starting to piss off the neighbours.

MV, the owner/admin of the U2 New Zooland webpage and forum, has just posted over there that he received official notice from Michael Coppel Presents that the new dates will be announce "tonight, UK time"

Link to forum post

:hmm:

Axver said:

No, that's just too much for him to remember. However, don't worry, it will be played! Adam and Larry are working out vocal harmonies right now. They're here in my living room, and they're starting to piss off the neighbours.

Who's doing the all important bag pipes?? Or are you just getting Adam to fart in time?

MacHat said:
MV, the owner/admin of the U2 New Zooland webpage and forum, has just posted over there that he received official notice from Michael Coppel Presents that the new dates will be announce "tonight, UK time"

Link to forum post

Well, I'm inclined to believe that. I think MV's been pretty accurate in the past.

blueeyedgirl said:

Who's doing the all important bag pipes?? Or are you just getting Adam to fart in time?

Adam's been trying to convince Larry that that's a good idea, but Larry's kids really want to play bagpipes and Larry's wife has nagged him so much to say "yes" that he's caved. So now we're going to have some U2 And Kids busking sessions outside the Cunnamulla pub.

MacHat said:

Link to forum post

to be honest, how many times have we heard things like this in the last week? I wont believe anything until it happens!
(damnit now i have to go to school, and u2.com is blocked on the computers now because i was on it that much yesterday...argh!)

fredstab said:
Found on the u2.com site :

When you sign up as a paid subscriber to U2.Com you gain access to a unique U2 online experience which aims to bring fans closer to the band and their music than ever. To see a sample visit our free site tour.

And your subscription comes with an unprecedented bonus – ‘U2.Communication’

What is ‘U2.Communication ? :

U2 communication is a secret....You will know or you won't know something soon.

Each subscription also comes with a special 1-800 number to call a free U2 shrink to help you get a life while waiting for the damn dates...

Yeah, I just paid forty bucks. That shrink has no clue what he/she is in for! What a bargain for me!:yes:

Was away for most of the day yesterday.
It's the middle of the night now.
Can't sleep though, 'cause it's so damn friggin' hot here in the appartement
No airco.
Another Spare the Air - day (bad air quality) today.
It looks like tomorrow (Friday) and the weekend are gonna be even warmer.
No cooler temperatures in sight.

And I've totally had it!!!!

Just now catching up on this thread.

Chewbacca said:
hmm rumours.

lets start some

Lila64 said:

And thanks for making me :laugh: :lol: and :lmao:!!!

Got another rumor for you.
It ain't funny though.
It's based on other rumors (the west coast rehearsal shows, the US stadium shows).
And dawned on me when ruffian said that: "but what about how busy stadiums are with football in the fall? I'm not feelin' it. "
Which other outdoor places in my area could they play?

Shoreline Amphitheater Mountain View - Bridge School Benefit - 21st/22nd October 2006 - u2 rehearsal

phillyfan26 said:
an Interferers mix

For those of you who can't wait for the announcement any longer and desperately need some distraction or something else to keep them busy: the Numb (Interference Mix) song plus video are online now : http://stockholm-syndrome.com/bluecrack/

Anyone want to stay up with me and hope this announcement comes in the UK evening?

Edit: Bah, scrap that. Just did a timezone conversion. It won't even be 4pm in the UK until 1am here, and I'm tired already (nearly 10pm). So if the announcement is as rumour suggests, "tonight UK time", then I'd assume it'd be 6pm or later, or past 3am for me.

Maybe someone here could just hammer me on AIM at AmakAxver if tour dates are announced. My bed's by my computer, so I hope I'd hear a barrage of IM notification beeps and wake up.

Last edited:
Miri, do yourself a favour and buy a heap of fans. They always get me through hot summer nights (never had air con in my life, don't see the point).

And I'd just like to say how it sucks that everything U2 seems to happen during my night. I remember a couple of other major announcements came while I was asleep last year, and I had to stay up until 1am to buy Boston tickets. I'm the kind of person who normally turns in by 10pm too! :yawn:

(Bloody hell, next year's going to SUCK with the Rugby World Cup in France. I was content to watch Soccer World Cup highlights at a reasonable hour, but I won't miss my rugby. 2007 Axver will be a very sleepy Axver, for sure ...)

MacHat said:

Link to forum post

Amazingly, they did not feel the need to post this in morse code. :rolleyes:

UK is 6 hours ahead of US east coast?

Oh I sure hope this is true.... that'd be awesome to wake up to news of an announcement! And trust them to bloody leave us hanging till the very end of the week! lol

Miringeltje, have you slept at all? You must be so tired!

OceanGirl said:
Miringeltje, have you slept at all? You must be so tired!

I twisted and turned in my bed for 2 hours.
Then decided to get out.

:crack: <--- me right now

Heading back in soon though to try again.

Last edited:
Miringeltje said:
I have a fan.
But it's too noisy.

Ah, I've long since gotten used to sleeping to the noise of fans, whether it's one to cool me or just my computer's fan.

Advise to Axver : Got to France during the Rugby World Cup.

How I'd love to! The World Cup falls during the second semester of university, though. I guess I'll just have to change my sleeping schedule, because rugby > sleep.

adrball said:

8 hours ahead.

No, it's five hours. The US east coast is currently -0400 GMT and the UK, due to daylight savings, is +0100 GMT.

People, let's not confuse ourselves. Here's a handy time comparison:

Brisbane: 3am, 21/07
London: 6pm, 20/07
New York: 1pm, 20/07
... are all the same time. Australia's east coast is currently 9 hours ahead of the UK and the US's east coast is currently 5 hours behind.

...but then again... the weather has cooled down around these parts today...so maybe they've all gone back into work and the announcement will come today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom