U2.com - dates within the next "week"! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop Artist said:
So morning drive time just came on in Hawaii...they opened the show by saying Pearl Jam probably (but pretty certain) opening for U2 on Dec. 9th (and maybe a show on the 10th), official confirmation soon...

:ohmy:

:hyper:

I'd say under 2 hours from now is your best bet (4PM my time - Philly time). It's (I think) 7 AM New Zealand, 8AM Australia. It would be mid-day in Hawaii. 9PM Ireland.

Halup said:
U2.coms handling of all this going back to March has been pathetic, but in many ways I'm not surprised. I'm actually in some ways more annoyed recently by U2log.com for posting the 8 weeks of upcoming dates rumor to tease us without giving any more details about why the 23 days of postponed shows are now supposedly lasting 8 weeks. They are alluding to knowing information from an inside source, but really are just intentionally playing with us:

8 weeks of Vertigo
cindy // 14-07-06 // 05:17 PM // full post // Comments (8)

Hurry up, U2.com. Announce those tour dates because a believable birdy told us the resumed fourth leg of the Vertigo Tour will last 8 weeks and wrap up by mid-December.

If they never posted this, most of this talk of US stadium shows would not be going around.

partygirlvox said:

:up: U2.Com are to blame in all of this because they have messed us around so much, but u2log.com really did get alot of peoples hopes us by posting that.

I'm still of the opinion that if u2log hadn't made their 8 weeks of Vertigo post, u2.com wouldn't have made their "within the NEXT week" one.

IT'S HERE!!!

Edit: Whole article.

It's official! At last we can confirm the rescheduled Vertigo//2006 shows. U2 will hit the road again in November. Starting in Brisbane on November 7th , U2 will play further dates in Australia, New Zealand and Japan before finishing in Hawaii on December 9.

Kanye West will join the band in Australia and New Zealand while Special Guests, Pearl Jam will join Rocco and the Devils for December 9 in Honolulu.

These show dates are rescheduled following the postponement of Vertigo//2006 earlier in the year. For full ticket information in your area please see below.

“We are very happy to announce the rescheduling and appreciate everyone’s patience.” said Arthur Fogel, of TNA.

The Vertigo Tour opened in San Diego in March 2005, is set for a grand finish in Hawaii with the addition of Pearl Jam.

“It’s going to be a great night in Hawaii,” said Paul McGuinness, U2’s manager. “The band are really pleased Pearl Jam could join the bill, a great end to what has already been a very successful tour.”

The new show dates are as follows:

Auckland - Ericsson Stadium - (Old Date) Friday, March 17th/06 - (New Date) Friday, November 24/06

Auckland - Ericsson Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, March 18th/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 25/06

Brisbane - QSAC Stadium - (Old Date) Tuesday, March 21st/06 - (New Date) Tuesday, November 7/06

Melbourne - Telstra Dome - (Old Date) Friday, March 24th/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 18/06

Melbourne - Telstra Dome - (Old Date) Saturday, March 25th/06 - (New Date) Sunday, November 19/06

Adelaide - AAMI Stadium - (Old Date) Tuesday, March 28th/06 - (New Date) Thursday, November 16/06

Sydney - Telstra Stadium - (Old Date) Friday, March 31st/06 - (New Date) Friday, November 10/06

Sydney - Telstra Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, April 1st/06 - (New Date) Saturday, November 11/06

Honolulu - Aloha Stadium - (Old Date) Saturday, April 8/06 - (New Date) Saturday, December 9/06

In Tokyo, 3 New Show Dates have been confirmed

Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Wednesday, November 29th/06
Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Thursday, November 30th/06
Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Monday, December 4th/06

Miroslava said:
Don't forget that U2log.com has very solid connections with Gavin Friday, so if they're saying 8 weeks from their source, I tend to believe them. :shrug:

I guess ever since I took their word on the Brooklyn Bridge gig I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt :lol:

If it was a Caroline item, for sure. The others, not quite so rock solid...

So, here is the order of the new dates:

Brisbane - November 7th
Sydney - November 10th
Sydney - November 11th
Adelaide - November 16th
Melbourne - November 18th
Melbourne - November 19th
Auckland - November 24th
Auckland - November 25th
Tokyo - November 29th
Tokyo - November 30th
Tokyo - December 4th
Honolulu - December 9th

:hmm: If I remember right in March there were 10 dates left, now it's 12 dates, what did they add? Two Tokyo dates?

U2girl said:
:hmm: If I remember right in March there were 10 dates left, now it's 12 dates, what did they add? Two Tokyo dates?

Yup, it's the two new Tokyo dates. I know nothing about that venue - will it be a stadium show fit into an arena or an arena show?

Hmmm, these dates are over 33 days. Add that to the 23 days over which they previously were to have taken place and that equals 56 or 8 weeks. Are those the 8 weeks U2log was talking about???????? U2log.com really dropped the ball on this one.

Btw, those dates listed for Tokyo are actually in Saitama, a city outside of Tokyo and in an arena that holds only around 15,000 people. They will have to do the Vertigo arena setup for those shows.

Wonder if this is IT (and if it is, I am prefectly fine with it, no complaints!) BUT if I make my Hawaii arrangements only to find out three weeks from now that there's going to be a couple of U.S. mainland stadium dates I am going to be piiiiiiised. :lol:

Whoa, Pearl Jam in Hawaii? I'm going to have to give this some serious consideration.

By the way, hi everyone!

Axver said:
Maybe someone here could just hammer me on AIM at AmakAxver if tour dates are announced. My bed's by my computer, so I hope I'd hear a barrage of IM notification beeps and wake up.

Does somebody here have AIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom