U2.com - dates within the next "week"! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10 pm?! Not long left. Damnit I might have to miss the end of big brother to come and refresh u2.com..

Pop Artist said:

And NYE would've been MY birthday - I'll just celebrate early... :wink:

Lucky you :wink:

I was only going to hit Hawaii if they were going to do NYE - otherwise I'm heading down under for most of the shows. Have tickets for them so just need to book flights/hotels :drool:

I doubt i will be going to hawaii if its on the ninth (i have major school exams the day before). So im hoping for NYE.
Actually, I'm hoping for some europe dates:love:

partygirlvox said:

Announcing it 5/8pm UK time seems a bit odd, why not 5/8pm Australia time? Or new Zealand time? Surely most u2 fans check u2.com in the evening, and as this news applies more to the australians rather than the europeans..it just seems odd:shrug:

Don't forget Honolulu is also in the equation... Oops...late evening UK would get both drive times.

Pop Artist said:

Don't forget Honolulu is also in the equation... Oops...late evening UK would get both drive times.

Im not too good with world times! I thought evening for us in the UK would be like 3/4am in hawaii..:huh: Nevermind!

partygirlvox said:

Im not too good with world times! I thought evening for us in the UK would be like 3/4am in hawaii..:huh: Nevermind!

An announcement at 10PM UK would be 7AM Friday Sydney, 9(?)AM Auckland, 11AM Thursday Hawaii...

glad I'm not alone Thora :hug:

Thanks for the timecode deciphering PopArtist. That would be 2:00PM PST I believe... Maybe I can get some work done today :hmm:

55 PAGES OF POSTS. FIFTY-FIVE, since the announcement that dates were coming within a week. Not 1 Single Bit Of Concrete Information anywhere in those Hundreds of posts.

Somewhere, someone at U2.Com is laughing.

Yeah, I really need to get some work done today as well, seeing as I'm taking most of tomorrow off. And unlike you Lila, I could actually get fired from work! :lol: If only I was my own boss...

Most of what we know is rumour, we dont seem to have anything even in the slightest bit solid yet. I keep hearing these usa/europe rumours, but i think its just wishful thinking.
I'm sure the u2.com team are all huddled around a computer, reading this thread, and laughing (and translating more pointless announcements into morse code..)

fredstab said:
How come nobody knows something if it's a new leg with new USA/Canada or Euro dates....

Nobody knows anything because 99.99% there won't be new US/Canada/Euro dates...

I'm adding a new plan to our Philly fan booing event: We shall get Bono drunk, which could lead to him giving us the dates. Or it could lead to much more random conversation, like:

Bono: So, you're from Philadelphia?
Me: Yeah.
Bono: So, you're the guys that say water like "wooder?"
Me: Yeah, that's right.
Bono: Can you say it for me?
Me: Alright. "Wooder."
Bono: That was extraordinary. You know what else is extraordinary? The ocean. I mean, really, that's a lot of water right there. Hey, I just said water again! Haha. Can you say it like you do again?

U2.coms handling of all this going back to March has been pathetic, but in many ways I'm not surprised. I'm actually in some ways more annoyed recently by U2log.com for posting the 8 weeks of upcoming dates rumor to tease us without giving any more details about why the 23 days of postponed shows are now supposedly lasting 8 weeks. They are alluding to knowing information from an inside source, but really are just intentionally playing with us:

8 weeks of Vertigo
cindy // 14-07-06 // 05:17 PM // full post // Comments (8)

Hurry up, U2.com. Announce those tour dates because a believable birdy told us the resumed fourth leg of the Vertigo Tour will last 8 weeks and wrap up by mid-December.

If they never posted this, most of this talk of US stadium shows would not be going around.

Pop Artist said:
it may be timed for their AM drive time.

These makes a lot of sense.
10 PM UK time is NZ and Australia AM drive time.
A lot of people listen to the morning shows on the radio while driving to work.
It's Friday in NZ and Australia.
Last day of the workweek for most people.
In the weekend there won't be as many listeners.
Seems like a logical time and day for the announcement to be made.
Now I've thought about it a little longer.

Halup said:
U2.coms handling of all this going back to March has been pathetic, but in many ways I'm not surprised. I'm actually in some ways more annoyed recently by U2log.com for posting the 8 weeks of upcoming dates rumor to tease us without giving any more details about why the 23 days of postponed shows are now supposedly lasting 8 weeks. They are alluding to knowing information from an inside source, but really are just intentionally playing with us:

8 weeks of Vertigo

Hurry up, U2.com. Announce those tour dates because a believable birdy told us the resumed fourth leg of the Vertigo Tour will last 8 weeks and wrap up by mid-December.

If they never posted this, most of this talk of US stadium shows would not be going around.

:up: U2.Com are to blame in all of this because they have messed us around so much, but u2log.com really did get alot of peoples hopes us by posting that.

Halup said:

8 weeks of Vertigo

Agreed. It would be nice to know now who that believable birdy was if this ends up being bullshit.

Don't forget that U2log.com has very solid connections with Gavin Friday, so if they're saying 8 weeks from their source, I tend to believe them. :shrug:

I guess ever since I took their word on the Brooklyn Bridge gig I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt :lol:

Lila64 said:
I hear 'Wake Up' in the thread at the Zoo (OZ/NZ dates)

'Wake up' - song when u2 take the stage

People in NZ and Australia will be waking up in the next hours.

You could consider it a wake-up call. Wake up!! The announcement is going to be made.

Yep, the morning AM hours in NZ and Australia is when the announcement will be made.

It's 6 AM in Auckland, NZ.
And 4 AM in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, 3.30 AM in Adelaide (2 AM in Perth).

It'll happen in the next few hours.

or 'wake up - u2 arent releasing any info soon so get off your computers and off to bed!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom