U2 Aust tickets - just had a brainwave...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatsnotmypuppy

War Child
OK - it is slightly risky (well not really) but since Melbourne tickets are being sold through Ticketmaster - and Sydney will be through Ticketek - if you have friends and family in Melbourne - get them to get your Sydney tickets for you at the Ticketek outlets down here.

There will be minimal queueing as there will be no local tickets available... thus you could pretty much guarantee you'd get GA or good seats because while queues at outlets in NSW will be around the block, in VIC they will be non-existant...

Thats a hot tip from your friendly Ticketek staff!

By the way - who is loving the $59 D reserve price bracket!! :)

Mods - feel free to chuck this in one of the other threads - I just wasnt sure where to start it...

Last edited:
Hmm, normally I'd recommend you go via VISA preferred hotline - but the website and the phone lines are going to be chaotic either way - i'll ask around - possibly there is a local number... nothing i can think of from the top of my head...

Honestly, the best bet is a ticketek outlet somewhere out of the way - or one that is in a shopping centre - so at least when the shops open it comes down to a foot race for first in line!! We are hiring temps by the truck load ofr Dec 5-9. Also at the outlets, if the first sells out, a second show (probably March 30 - I havent heard of April 01 being reserved...) will be released pretty much straight away... I havent heard of any other dates being reserved - just two nights and a load in/out.

Most Myer stores used to have a Ticketek outlet, I don't know how many do now. Some newsagents do as well, which most people wouldn't have noticed. Those are your best bet. For Ticketmaster, they use record stores a bit as well.

I suppose those of us here in Queensland are stuffed though, with stores not opening until 10am NSW/VIC time.

Maybe I'll make a trip down to Tweed Heads. :hmm:

No - group bookings tend to be for social clubs, tour companies and corporate partners. Public group bookings are allowed for musicals and stuff - haven't seen any available for a concert - oh except Hilary Duff (school groups - shudder).

I've heard ticket limit will be 6 per customer - with 4 GAs - but that is far from confirmed at this point. more news will be available next Monday... I'll try to get it to you before then, though.

Basically, from a Ticketek employee to you - my best recommendation is in person as the phone lines and internet will be hopelessly slow - also a whole ton of people will get on the website at 8:52 as they have 10 minutes - thus anyone trying closer to 9 will be locked out...

Find a quiet agency, or an inhouse one in a shopping centre and try your luck. Also for Melbourne - it may be worth heading to Geelong!!

$59???

Have I missed something Puppy?

I thought it was $99 for GA then between $99 and $200 for reserved?

Also, do you know if there is a ticket limit? I have a billion friends I have to get tix for!!

just buy them over the net..u still get to pick ur seats. and u can be there on time.

so am i right in saying that the brisbane show is going through ticketmaster? sorry, im a little on the slow side today!

bono_man said:
so am i right in saying that the brisbane show is going through ticketmaster? sorry, im a little on the slow side today!

Seems as though that Brisbane, Adelaide and Melbourne are via ticketmaster

And Tickettek are taking Sydney.

Ah hell, I just realised that on Monday, I can't travel in the mornings.

I'm stuck with the Internet no matter what. :(

bono_man2002 said:

To Tweed Heads or Southport or wherever?

I'd rather spend the taxi fare on how much extra I'll have to pay for tickets off e-Bay!

Axver said:

To Tweed Heads or Southport or wherever?

I'd rather spend the taxi fare on how much extra I'll have to pay for tickets off e-Bay!

What about one of the newsagents at the shopping centre I met you at.....I can't even remember what the place is called :lol:

bono_man2002 said:

What about one of the newsagents at the shopping centre I met you at.....I can't even remember what the place is called :lol:

:lol: Robina Town Centre. I don't think they do tickets there ... the Rebel Sport there used to, but not any more.

bono_man2002[/i] [B]A list of ticketmaster outlets: [url]http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/sear...tate=QLD&city=*[/url] You could probably get a Bus into Pacific Fair said:
What are the time differences for QLD vs other states? :huh:

Shame about Ticketmaster :(

If tickets go on sale at 9am local time, the equivalent time in Queensland is:

New Zealand: 6am
Sydney and Melbourne: 8am
Adelaide: 8:30am

Say you were in Syd/Melbourne buying tickets at 9:00 NSW/VIC time, could you buy tickets to the Brissy show 1 Hour ahead of everyone in QLD? :sad:

Axver said:

If tickets go on sale at 9am local time, the equivalent time in Queensland is:

New Zealand: 6am
Sydney and Melbourne: 8am
Adelaide: 8:30am

This really did my head in for a while Axver. :lmao:

So if I want tickets to the NZ show I'm looking at starting calls at 3am, for Sydney or Melbourne 6am and for Adelaide 6.30am.

:(

I think NZ is not going to be a goer. :madspit:

fullautoreverse said:
Say you were in Syd/Melbourne buying tickets at 9:00 NSW/VIC time, could you buy tickets to the Brissy show 1 Hour ahead of everyone in QLD? :sad:

Just a guess, but I would imagine the tickets will go on sale 9am local time. Otherwise, it wouldn't really be fair :|

fullautoreverse said:

I believe Tania is right. In the US, tickets went on sale at 9am local time. So if you rocked up to an east coast outlet at 9am, you could only buy for east coast shows - you couldn't buy for Chicago as it was only 8am there. So it's a staggered process.

And oh, this brings back memories of being up at 1am to score my US tickets. Fun times.

Back
Top Bottom