U2 Aust tickets - just had a brainwave...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im rather confused about something.... how exactly can i buy GA tickets to every australian/nz show? can i just go to one place and buy them all?

WHO IS GOING TO LINE UP?????

still trying to work out if i should line or call? i want to get tickets to all states...

I'm lining up, but think i will get there like 7am, might do a mindnight drive by jus to see if there are any crazy mofos there...but 7am i think is a good time.

I have ticketek and ticketmaster in same shopping centre, so boyfriend to one me to the other.

My biggest worry is having to organise EVERYONE's tickets! ARGH! swapping ticks and all that...

Todays memo says 9am Monday December 5 - ticket limit 8 per person - subject to change. Apparently the final announcement will be made this coming Monday.

The website can handle traffic of 55,000 - however only 1,250 transactions can be handled at any one time - so there will be delays when submitting payment. There always is.

In funnier news - if you want to see Rob Thomas wait until the week before his concerts - apparently the Melbourne gig at Rod Laver Arena has sold just under 2,000 tickets since going n sale this morning - we were expecting to have to announce another show... :) Methinks a 2 for 1 deal is imminent!! Where oh where are all the fickle Matchbox 20 fans??:wink:

Matchbox 20 :|

Quadcaster - only Sydney is using ticketek - all other shows are Ticketmaster - thus you cant get them all in one go. Two totally seperate ticket agencies...

thatsnotmypuppy said:
The website can handle traffic of 55,000 - however only 1,250 transactions can be handled at any one time - so there will be delays when submitting payment. There always is.

What does this exactly mean for those of us buying tickets? Let's say I've just selected my tickets and am going to pay, but I'm person #1,251. What happens to my tickets?

In funnier news - if you want to see Rob Thomas wait until the week before his concerts - apparently the Melbourne gig at Rod Laver Arena has sold just under 2,000 tickets since going n sale this morning - we were expecting to have to announce another show... :) Methinks a 2 for 1 deal is imminent!! Where oh where are all the fickle Matchbox 20 fans??:wink:

:lmao:

I'm so worried now ... i don't know what to do but i just don't want to miss out on tickets ... it was clever ploy by U2 to starve australia for so long ... now everybodys talking about it ... i feel like telling them its not on anymore so they don't buy tickets and i can't miss out

Sorry - didnt mean to panic you - if you are 1251 you will just queue - you get the message to just wait while its being verified... it just takes a second or five longer - it's ok - there is just a slight delay.

As for where to get them - well online is probably the easiest - you have thousands being served simultaneously, while at an agency the agent is doing a one on one sale - so online is better - but at least at an agency you get the tix straight away, you get the floor plan so if you want a seat in a certain block you can ask for it... etc.

If you are happy for any seat - go the net. The call queues will be massive - and please note once we get 150 in the queue, the queue closes down until it's back down to 30 before more get back through. They will be increasing these levels for U2 - but not to the point where your wait wont be longish.

thatsnotmypuppy said:
Sorry - didnt mean to panic you - if you are 1251 you will just queue - you get the message to just wait while its being verified... it just takes a second or five longer - it's ok - there is just a slight delay.

Ah, alright, cool. I just hope I don't have a repeat of what happened in January. I got GAs for 26 May, Boston, and then it was processing ... and processing ... and processing until it 'died'. I thought I'd lost the tickets until I checked my account order status page a few hours later and saw the tickets had shown up after all.

As far as I know its the same basic set up. I'd recommend the net or in person - though their website sucks compared to ours! :)

Can someone talk me through the presale that starts tomorrow????

I am still a little confused (nothing new).

Like ..... do I log onto U2.com and go from there, or do you log straight on to Ticketmaster7?

And my presale code which I got is not displayed in the red subscriber box like they said it would be.

HELP!!!!!

Hey, thatsnotmypuppy, thanks for all the useful info on the Sydney tickets. I have a question for you:

I'm in the UK and I was planning on trying to get tickets for Sydney - do you know whether Ticketek will post the tickets to an international address?

Cheers Jez.

Oh - normally we just offer venue pick up for international customers - so on the day you pick them up with your credit card... I'll have to check.

OK - just asked the boss - she says we dont mail internationally - but you should get the ezy ticket option for U2. So you can print it straight away.

Any word on a second sydney gig?, you don't have to say yes.
If you can't give out that information...speak in code

No = No
No No = The opposite to No

:wink:

Dignity do you think it's worth going to both the sydney and brisbane shows? maybe i'll just see if i can score a second show if there is one. not sure if i should buy a brissie show on monday, though...

puppy, thanks heaps for all the juicy info. from your opinion, when do you think one should start camping outside telstra stadium to get front row spots for the 31st show?

Back
Top Bottom