U.S. Staduim Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clifedge

War Child
So it seems like rumors of a 2006 U.S. stadium tour have become more scarce recently. Anyone heard anything lately? Or can we just assume that they won't be coming?

This recent quote from Edge would seem to indicate the band is leaning against coming back to the US:

From Billboard via U2tours.com:

"We're just really, really proud of the tour and how it has been going. It has been amazing," he enthuses. "We could do a lot more shows in the States and in Europe, but in some ways, we figure, how could it get any better than this? Let's stop before we push it too far."

There have been rumours that after the fourth leg, U2 will decide if they want to continue the tour further and some tentative bookings have been/are being made now in case they decide to add another leg.

But that's just the rumour mill.

jon_lemire said:
This recent quote from Edge would seem to indicate the band is leaning against coming back to the US:

From Billboard via U2tours.com:

"We're just really, really proud of the tour and how it has been going. It has been amazing," he enthuses. "We could do a lot more shows in the States and in Europe, but in some ways, we figure, how could it get any better than this? Let's stop before we push it too far."

I agree Europe could have gotten more shows, particualry the parts that always get skipped.

Agree that it's highly unlikely that they come back to the US (or even Europe) again -- not that most people would complain if they did but they'll be coming off of a year of touring. I would imagine that at least one or two of the band members will want a break. Hopefully they'll get their butts into the studio and crank out a new album (one that won't take 4 years to produce).

U2tours.com is listing a strong rumor of Hawaii being added to the Vertigo tour, possibly in April after Australia, so it could be the tour finale.

If so, it will be the lone US city to receive a stadium show, as there is now every indication the proposed summer tour leg will not happen, based on coments of the past few days from The Edge and Arthur Fogel.

I emailed someone who works in or around bringing concerts to Edmonton, AB, Canada and I asked him if he's heard anything on U2 coming here and he said there is talk of May 2006 but nothing confirmed so at least there's hope for the people in Alberta who never got to see a Vertigo show!!!

Back
Top Bottom