Toronto GA Reg Sale - Any Cancellations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noopie

The Fly
Hey folks, I apologize, I know there are a few other threads discussing similar issues, none that really focus on Toronto though.

Toronto was the only venue on the tour that stipulated max 8 or 2 GA tickets overall for the 4 shows instead of the usual per show restrictions. This caused many of us to phone up and attempt to change credit cards and often the rep we spoke with confirmed they would be cancelling excess orders.

Most of the threads that I have read regarding ticket cancellations were either duplicate pre-sale code problems, shows in Europe, or unfortunate fans who called up to change cards and had a grumpy sales rep who proactively addressed their situation and cancelled one of their orders while on the phone (that's horrible).

We are now at a point where we could go pick up any "ticket center pickup" orders but I would hate to have ticket barcodes cancelled, and I would like to start making arrangements (trading extras for other shows, travel stuff etc). Has ANYBODY heard anything regarding the threatened filter? I believe they would have made some attempt at notifying people by now, and I think that cancelling hundreds of ticket barcodes that have already been picked up would be a very bad business idea (IMAGINE the concerns buying from scalpers then!). I'm sure there would be quite a backlash from fans who didn't notice the extra couple of words they added to the "Notice" for those shows only.

Any thoughts?

Noopie,

I am in the same boat. GA's for Friday and Saturday. I tried to call TM but was left on hold for so long that I gave up.

I agree about the backlash. The thing that pisses me off is that I don't think the policy was posted until the tickets went on sale - and at that point your just trying to get tickets - not reading the fine print that should have been posted well in advance.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will not be cancelling tickets.

i'm still waiting too.. i chose expresspost but tickets haven't been sent yet.. maybe i will pick up local instead.. then i will see..

There are some other strands on this if you search. Some fans have successfully been able to switch their tickets to other credit cards, other fans (me included) have had their tickets cancelled when they call in. (Had GA for two diffferent nights, two of the four were cancelled). Needless to say I was pissed. Fortunately I have GAs for other cities.

JohnCash: You were actually the person I was referring to when I mentioned the unfortunate souls who got the grumpy ticketmaster rep. However, you seem to be the only person who has had a Toronto order cancelled unfortunately. I've searched through most threads in the tour forums, and it seems to be either UK people, or pre-sale code problems. I'd hate to hear you were the only unlucky one for Toronto.

I was successful in changing one of my orders to a diff card with a diff address, so I'm near certain I'm alright. Most of the other threads are getting buried pretty deep so I wanted to ask specifically about the shows I'm attending.

Don't give up if you're on hold, I just put mine on speaker phone and kept my ears open for the hold message to change. I ended up on hold for about 35 minutes the first time.

how can this be, if u r in person at a TM outlet, you could easily get one pair of GA tix. Then once another show is added be back in line for another pair.

I am nervous now. If I lose a pair of GA's I will be livid.

What a stupid policy. Any more news out there?

I got 4 single GA's for Mpls about 3 hours after they went on sale, so I was lucky. It then dawned on me that I could lose 2 of them so I called in and attempted to switch the billing info. The first guy said 'no problem', but I couldn't get hold of my friend to get his cc info. So I called back an hour later and got someone who checked with their sup and told me they couldn't touch the orders and that they would be running a check on all of them to look for excess orders, and anything exceeding the limits would be cancelled. So I tried an hour later and got someone cool who switched it no problem. The charge has showed on my buddy's cc(but not removed from mine yet), so I think we're in the clear. It seems they don't have a consistent policy, so if you get shot down keep trying. I understand the limits, but when only single GA's or obstructed view are left I don't think 4 is unreasonable.

What's pissing me off is that they haven't mailed out my tickets yet, even though I paid for the Xpresspost option. I'm tempted to call them about that, but the idea of having to talk to their customer service people again makes me queasy.

anitram said:
What's pissing me off is that they haven't mailed out my tickets yet, even though I paid for the Xpresspost option. I'm tempted to call them about that, but the idea of having to talk to their customer service people again makes me queasy.

same here.. so i called them and switched to pick up.. got the tickets.. waste to choose expresspost unless there is no outlet in ur area

Well, I didn't have the option with the presale GAs - when we bought them, you could not elect to pick up at an outlet.

I too haven't gotten my Toronto tickets, but I remember reading for U2.com pre-sale it would take a week to mail out tickets, maybe they are still checking those membership codes. And those like me who purchased on Sat. will get them this week. eh? just a thought!!

Re: Policy

TheEdge1967 said:
The policy was posted well before the tickets went on sale...

Actually, I would have to disagree. I bought some Toronto tickets during the presale and it only spoke of ticket limits in regards to u2.com members. On the side of the page it spoke of ticket limits in regards to the public sale but it had the same limitations stated as every other venue selling tickets.

I believe the policy was posted the day the public sale started. As a result, many U2.com members who already purchased tickets for the Toronto shows were surprised at this new information and were worried if their U2.com GA tickets would conflict with their attempts to get other GA tickets during the public sale. Others were also questioning whether this ticket limit affected other ticket purchases at other venues and 1st and 3rd leg discrepencies.

RicoT.O said:
I too haven't gotten my Toronto tickets, but I remember reading for U2.com pre-sale it would take a week to mail out tickets, maybe they are still checking those membership codes. And those like me who purchased on Sat. will get them this week. eh? just a thought!!

Yes, they were supposed to check all codes before charging your credit card.

My credit card was charged 10 days ago and still no tickets in the mail, much less delivered to me.

anyone got their tickets cancelled?? i'm sure alot of people will order more since they didn't know of the 8 tickets limited for all the shows combined..

i got my tickets. i had to call customer service and tell them to change my tickets from mail delivery to pick up. then i went to the ticketmaster outlet around the corner and had them printed up.
I think they may have charged me a few extra bucks for it on my credit card, but it was worth it.

retro said:
i got my tickets. i had to call customer service and tell them to change my tickets from mail delivery to pick up. then i went to the ticketmaster outlet around the corner and had them printed up.
I think they may have charged me a few extra bucks for it on my credit card, but it was worth it.

did they charge u extra?? i didn't see it on my bill yet.. i only saw $10 credit when i change expresspost to pickup..

I received my pre-sale Toronto tickets last week. Haven't received General Sale tickets yet though

Hey all im still looking for tickets i managed to get tickets on the net but then (this has to happen to me and me alone) the power in the building went down and i got fucked
no tickets
please may i have tickets to any of the shows in the acc

Back
Top Bottom