Toronto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got GA tickets for Monday but will not be able to lineup until about 5pm. How close do you think I'll be able to get? I do have presale tickets but with the presale people being hardcore, I'll probably be at the back of that lineup if it is separate.

I think that as long as you are there from the beginning, and put in a lot of time in the line, people will be fine with brief departures for food etc.

I'm going to be lining up for the Saturday show - first time I've done this for a big band like U2. I can't wait!

I have a question for you guys who've been there before - do you think that because it's a weekend show, there will be a lot more people getting there early since many people wouldn't have work, etc. to worry about? Or will it hardly make a difference because diehard fans will get there no matter what day it is? :)

I've been lurking a bit lately, and I expect to spend a lot of time around here this week. Just a few more days!

Adelabella said:
What if you, and a few friends, show up very early, and clock in but one of you has to leave and return around 3pm? Do you think that'd be accepted?

It probably depends on the people you have around you, but if you explain it to people it would probably be OK.

It starts when someone arrives that wants to do it. Generally they would begin immediately, it's not a set time by any means. Might not happen at all.

I might be one of the first, I'll bring a magic marker with me and do it if nobody else is. But don't get the idea that the number is gospel, if someone disputes someone jumping in line after they were missing for too long, that's their problem....there won't be help from the "organizers". It's only to give a general idea of when people showed up and to prevent line jumpers.

Last edited:
STILL LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO STAY....

Hey all.....

I'm STILL looking for a place to stay when I'm in Toronto from Thursday thru Sunday. PLEASE lemme know if I can use someone's crash space. I will help pay for hotel costs, etc. Thanks everyone!!

email me at u2bonoluv (at) yahoo (dot) com.

~Kami in Nashville

I'll be in line on 9/16 with my GA's. First show in 4 years, so I'm psyched. Then it's a show a month through December.

Last edited:
for those in toronto.... does the QEW get backed up in the afternoon? im trying to figure out how much time to allow myself to get to Toronto from Buffalo...

grbounds said:
for those in toronto.... does the QEW get backed up in the afternoon? im trying to figure out how much time to allow myself to get to Toronto from Buffalo...

Depends what time you leave...But you should have no problem...
All the traffic is leaving the city....

Not to be contradictory, but traffic on the QEW is far from consistant. It can be heavily backup going into the city, and easy out, depending on whether idiot drivers f**k up. Leave Buffalo at 1pm. If you're lucky, and respect the speed limit (kms not miles) you'll get here by 3pm. I think you might like swarming around with fellow U2 fans. Otherwise enjoy an early supper at Il Fornello's at Queen's Quay Terminal (pretty much directly south of the the ACC). Good luck.

Good luck and have fun to everyone who is lucky enough to be at the show tommorrow. You kick ass!

tonight...my first U2 concert..now I just have to get through a lengthy day of school...sigh..but I am quite pumped! 12 hours from now I will be at the ACC...

ok guys.

Im going for the concert on the 14th wednesday. Today on my way to work i looked in at the ACC gate 2 and there was already quite a line up and there was security too it looked like.

ruffian said:

do you find it odd we will have seen each other more in "foreign" countries than in the U.S.?

I'll be in the GA the 16th and 17th... :drool:

Well, I'll be more freaked out if I am walking down Yonge and see you walking past me than if I just see you in line... Dublin was random! :ohmy: :wink:

See you soon!!! :drool:

Miroslava said:

Well, I'll be more freaked out if I am walking down Yonge and see you walking past me than if I just see you in line... Dublin was random! :ohmy: :wink:

See you soon!!! :drool:

:love:

Are you :love:-ing

a) the fact that I posted since I have been MIA

b) the fact that someone gets to see Ruffian

c) the mental image of Ruffian and I randomly bumping into each other

d) none of the above

:sexywink:

That was the A+ answer!! :cute:

Question... Toronto 3 and 4 did not have presale, right?

No pre-sale on 3 & 4, makes no diff though. The non-pre-sale line moves faster due to 2 turnstiles as opposed to 1 on the pre-sale line.

Back
Top Bottom