Toronto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The security people at the ACC were very nice last time, no issues with them at all. They let the line police itself. It operated pretty smoothly.

Sounds like a great idea Adelabella Hopefull this will work.

Name: Rachel
Size of group/friends in line: 3 my, husband and another friend (all coming from Alberta!!
Date of T.0. Concert(s): September 17!
Time you're lining up: Would like to be there around 7am...But I am going to check out Friday's Ga line to make final decision.

yipee it's almost time...will be nice to see the acc put something up regarding the policy.

Adelabella said:
Good to hear :)

Following an idea on the U2.com, I just wanted to rally up some TO GA holders, since many of us plan on spending quite a bit of quality time together in line.

So here's a teensy survey. And naturally I'd welcome a response from anyone going to the shows--GA, seat, standing room, Bono's lap--oops, that's not an official seating section. Just a place many of us fan girlies would like to be.

Name:
Date of T.0. Concert(s):
Time you're lining up:

Feel free to add anything else, and ofcourse only answer the info you feel comfortable sharing.

Looking foward to see all you guys there!

Anyway, I'm just gonna fill it out myself for starters.

Name: Adele
Size of group/friends in line: 3 -- my sistas.
Date of T.0. Concert(s): Sept 12th
Time you're lining up: Hmmm, depends how early I can catch the Go train. The very latest would be 9am.

Name: John-David
Size of Group: Varies with each show...anywhere from 2-4
Date of TO concerts: All 4 - Sept 12, 14 16, 17
Time I'm lining up: will also vary - likley later on for the first 2 (around 4-5 pm) and early on for the last 2 (by 10 am)

Looking forward to meeting the die hards.

Cheers.

Name: Elise
Size of Group: going by myself, but I might meet up with some other fans I have met before
Date of TO concerts:14th, 16th, 17th (all GA)
Time I'm lining up: late afternoon for the 14th, probably between 7am and 8am on the 16th and 17th.
No. of U2 shows attended: 16 so far (5 Vertigo on first leg), it will be 19 by the time I leave Toronto

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys! I'm usually pretty social when I go to U2 shows by myself.

:wave:

The Edge 102 now says they will have a major U2 announcement made on Tuesday. I wonder if that rumored open rehearsal will indeed happen on Sunday.

I'm going to be at work Sunday (one of the hospitals downtown) so if it does happen, my ass is there.

anitram said:
The Edge 102 now says they will have a major U2 announcement made on Tuesday. I wonder if that rumored open rehearsal will indeed happen on Sunday.

I'm going to be at work Sunday (one of the hospitals downtown) so if it does happen, my ass is there.

:drool: DO you know the time that the annoucement will take place? OMg!!! :ohmy:

I think Tuesday morning?

Adelabella, I commute to work to downtown TO over an hour a day in each direction, LOL. To me, 45 minutes is a skip and a hop. :wink:

Okay so I checked and its @ 7:15 am on Tuesday morning!!

Sounds big!!

I hope its the first 102 callers, not the 102 caller lol!!

:ohmy:

Help: Place to stay in Toronto, Sept 15-18

Hey all...

I'm looking for a place to stay in the Toronto area, from the afternoon of Thursday, Sept 15 thru the afternoon of Sunday, Sept 18. Please let me know if anyone can help me out. I will help pay for hotel costs, etc. Email me at u2bonoluv (at) yahoo (dot) com. Thanks so much!!

~Kami

Here is the exact contest breakdown from their website:

We really want you to win tickets to see U2. So we made it really easy. That’s why the Edge’s Really Simple, Yet Effective, U2 Contest is here.

All you gotta do is listen for the U2 Ticket Wicket when you hear 3 U2 songs in row and after the third song be the correct caller.

You’ll instantly win a pair of tickets to one the SOLD OUT Edge presentations of U2. We also have tickets to join Alan Cross in a private Box for the 17th show. You could win that too!

Sept 12th – Edge Presents U2 live at the ACC – SOLD OUT

Sept 14th – Edge Presents U2 live at the ACC – SOLD OUT

Sept 16th – Edge Presents U2 live at the ACC – SOLD OUT

Sept 17th – Edge Presents U2 live at the ACC – SOLD OUT

We have lots of tickets to giveaway, so listen all the time. Tell your friends. THIS IS U2 AFTER ALL!!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it.

Cheers.

Man and I woke up at 5:30am to listen to the radio, I though U2 was going to do a free show or sing ontop of the CN tower.

Oh well I hope I score a second pair of tickets!!!:drool:

Probably the same place they stayed at last time.

For those interested in staking out the hotel, keep in mind the film festival is going on at the same time and the security will be crazy.

Hi guys....I have been so busy this past week I hadn't found this thread until now. I will be there for the first three shows in GA, but am still desperate for tix for the Saturday. I am hoping I will get some on the day.

See you in line! :wave:

BTW, a small anecdote. Last tour I was in line with my (now ex) husband, who looks A LOT like Edge (thus my name on this forum as well as my obsession w. the real edge).

The only reason I found interference was that a friend pointed out that there was a discussion thread about my husband on one of the forums! It's strange to think that had I not gone onto this forum because of my ex, I never would have met my fiancee who is cydewaze on this forum! :ohmy:

Even funnier, I am going to the first two shows with my ex and the 2nd two shows with my fiancee! :lmao:

I actually had 3 extra GAs for Saturday. I wish I'd known earlier you needed some.

I do have a spare GA for Monday. Maybe you could trade for Saturday w/ somebody?

ARRGHH!! Oh no!!!! I had been posting in the trading forum, but with no success so I gave up. :( :sad:

I also posted on u2.com, U2tours.com...some other trading forum, nada.

But if anyone does hear of anything, I would be most appreciative! :sexywink:

Can't.Wait!

Will be there for the 16th and 17th GA. Going solo, but there's never lack of fun people in line, so see you all there!! :drool:

I for one will not be camping out....I have 3, maybe 4 shows to go to and a) I don't think it's necessary and b) I don't want to make myself ill! I'm going to just mosy down in the morning.

Is there anybody in here that actually IS planning on camping out?

I'm going with 3 others and 2 of them will be having their first U2 experience and have become HARDCORE fans over the past couple of years.

I'm going to Pearl Jam Sunday night, but they're wanting to leave as soon as that concert is finished in order to get a rail spot for Monday night. I've seen lots of inquiries, but no camping out statements. If there are people showing up, and a line is forming I'd be very surprised if we were kicked off the property.

Anybody else out there arriving not just early, but ridiculously early? I remember at the Hamilton show last tour we showed up at 9pm the night before and were 8-12 in line. The first guy showed up at 3pm!

does anyone know where the West Bar is in the air canada center? I know its behind the stage, but other than that im clueless. Just got cheap tickets for there on TM. says row 1 so no matter where it is i cant imagine it being that bad (i hope).

Nobody will kick you out if you really want to sleep out there.

I don't think it's necessary unless you want to be front row. In fact, it's probably idiotic at this stage because you are going to have a lottery system in place so the people behind you may very well up in the front row and they won't have slept outside.

I will be there on the 12th..sadly I have terrible seats in the 300's..and then the 14th I have seats in "118"..anyway..I really want GAs still and am still trying to go to either the friday or saturday show..if anyone can help, great! my email adress is
nirvanafan102@hotmail.com

Miroslava said:
Can't.Wait!

Will be there for the 16th and 17th GA. Going solo, but there's never lack of fun people in line, so see you all there!! :drool:

do you find it odd we will have seen each other more in "foreign" countries than in the U.S.?

I'll be in the GA the 16th and 17th... :drool:

anitram said:
Nobody will kick you out if you really want to sleep out there.

I don't think it's necessary unless you want to be front row. In fact, it's probably idiotic at this stage because you are going to have a lottery system in place so the people behind you may very well up in the front row and they won't have slept outside.

people in front of you might get into the ellipse, but if you want a spot on the rail on the outside of the ellipse you do need to be there early. i'm not camping out--i heard it was hard to do in downtown toronto and i figure i'll just get there early....

ruffian said:

people in front of you might get into the ellipse, but if you want a spot on the rail on the outside of the ellipse you do need to be there early. i'm not camping out--i heard it was hard to do in downtown toronto and i figure i'll just get there early....

You don't need to sleep outside for a rail spot. Showing up early in the morning will get you that.

And nobody bothered the people sleeping out there last time, so I don't see why they would care now. You're under a covered portion of the arena, not out on the sidewalk anyway.

Back
Top Bottom