To those who attended the 05 MILAN shows...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
How well was ZOO STATION and THE FLY received? Did the audience go nuts over these songs -- better than the Chicago crowd?

zoo station was well received- although seemed a lot of people weren't sure what song they were playing. The Fly rocked, but the best reception was for ISFWILF and WOWY

Personnally I was crying out like an animal for both songs!! But the crowd was the top for the entire show, there weren´t songs which had more cryings instead of others, the crowd moved along the same rhythm constantly, there weren´t moments of stillness at all!

I wasn't at Milan but for the 3 Euro shows I attended the crowd went mental, particularly when the screen flashes on at the start of Zoo Station..as the song progressed into The Fly there was a kind of stunned lack of movement as the visuals were so overwhelming particularly if you are in the front section.. the screen kinda swallows you up.

Jim said:
as the song progressed into The Fly there was a kind of stunned lack of movement as the visuals were so overwhelming particularly if you are in the front section.. the screen kinda swallows you up.

:laugh: Sorry, I know the Euro crowds are more into jumping around during the show than American audiences. There is no doubt about that. But I think its kind of funny how stillness in Europe is described as "stunned" lack of movement, like its awesome. Yet when the same thing happens for the same song in America its described a lame crowd by alot of people here. :shrug:

Last edited:
i was in milan 20 / o7.....For a lot of people the zoostation moment was the top of the concert as scenogaphy effects (much better than chicago and in general of the indoor concerts) and sound impact....the same for the fly.....

Back
Top Bottom