Tickets PANDEMONIUM in Chile!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I really couldn't believe it when I saw it, LIVE, in front of my eyes...

well. I'll tell you the full story, personal and factual (really long)

Facts:
- if you don't have the RIPLEY card, you couldn't do anything.. it was either this or cash, no Visam, no mastercard, RIPLEY, meanning that all foreignewrs are screwed from the get go...
- if you live in regions, the only chance to get tickets were internet or the call center...

let's start with the internet/telephone sale...

it was suposed to start at 11 Pm... of course it didnt'. it sytarted like at 11:15, and of course very sloooooowly... and the thing kept on coming with error, eror, error, service unavailable.. I couldn't even get to the main page some times...

meanwhile, people started calling through the call center at 10, and already you couln'dt get through...

I woulndt be as mad as I got if my mother don't make me get in th e phone and internet, because her car broke down and IU ghad to leave her at work at 8:30, but the plan was to be in THE CENTER (as we call the center of santiago) at 7 am to be in line for the doors to open at 9 and buy real printed tickets, because I knew frome the very begining that the call center/internet thing would colapse... :mad:

anyway, after getting all furious at the sistem I went to sleep, but my mother called one more time, and she got through!!!, it was 1:15 am....

and she was telling trhe card number,m her name , etc etc, and they got to the problems... problems that all in regions here in chile have:
- for getting the ticket, you get charged MORE... field costed me 32000 (ticket), 2600 (service charges) and 3700 more that we found out the very same night (delivery)
- you'll get confirmation that the tickets are yours in 72 hours through mail or telephone... 72 hours, people cut their wrist at this... and this if you dont' have any problems with the card. If you do, you don'0t get teh tickets
- if you get confirmation, the tickets would arrive in 10 days tops... 10 days... too much.

after hearing all of this I get all fired up and start yealling that I don't want the tickets... and my mother hungs up and we get like into a mini fight because I was like 1 second away of getting the toickets and not having to wake up really early and get in line.. but I was mad at all this stupid things that had to happen to have the ticket.

we go to bed angry... I wake up at 6:30 (even thou I put the alarm at 5:45), and about 7 I leave.. I was late...

the official radio of the concert is Rock and Pop.. so I get the walkman, take the bus and just hear the thing... and they say that in the center there are about 20 people and in every other mall nobody was to be found

FACT: 7 malls had ticket sale in SAntiago, 2 in the V region, and that's it... and the CENTER one was going to start selling at 9, the first in the country

so I get into the center at 7:30, and begin to approach the place and se som 30-40 people there already in line... and I start watching and there they are, FRANCISCO AND VERONICA. He created the forum I'm in in chile (we're about 400 right now) and she's also crazy for U2, she wen to Chicago 5/9 and 5/12.. she appears in the 2nd dvd at about 2:13)... Francisco arrived at 5:20
:ohmy: and she minutes before me... So there we were, talking to the Rock and pop correspondant COPANO (a really funny 20 years lold guy)...

around 8 this Ripley guy appears and explains the line thing and that everyone's getting nu,mbers so we can hava normal line. I get Nº 8.
BUT, this guy behind us complained that Me and Veronica arrivesd late and that it's not possible bla blabla.... so, like at 8:40 the Ripley guy takes me and Francisco and tells us that this guy has complained and that we can work it out without screwing up the line and stuff... so, we talk and get to this. Francisco gives me his number in line and gives me the cash to buy him field...

Now... I'm number 2... Nº 1 was some old guy with crotches. Copano interview us and the guy tells him that he'll buy 4 ticktes, for his daughter and boyfriuend and for his nephew and girlfriend... the guy wasn't even going to the concert!!!
then me, and tell him that I arrived at 7, all ok...

in between, near by there was this kiosk with a really bad lyric sheets/bio that said U2 POP.... francisco goes and buys it :lmao:

(Vero was showing of her scrapbook of photos of the chicago shows, how she meet the boys and gave them 4 books about chile)

9 am... nothing.... 9:05.. nothing.... 9:10.. nothing... like at 9:15, and after a lot of whisteling, the first 15 get in... and here comes the HARD FACTS..

this is something I hear some guy talking, like to the producers...

FACT: in between the sale start last night at 23 to now, 9 am: 14.000 tickets sold :ohmy: .. that, my friends, is the new record in Chile

the last record was for Pearl jam, that in about 3 or 4 weeks sold out 2 20.000 people concerts = 40.000

well... I get my tickets... the 2nd people in ALL OF CHILE to get REAL tickets, and because the guy Nº1 wasn't going, I'm the FIRST PERSON that has the tickat and actually will use it :dancing:

note: for tickets, there was just 2 people in 1 cashing box, one guy with money, the other line for the Ripley card.

so, I go outside and I say the ticket news, and nobody could believe it, not even me. I thought it would sll out in 1 week... now were going for 1 or 2 days tops.

anyway, as we're the firts ones with thicketsm we are interviewed by the TV, nespapers, radio. Also got photographed with the tickets, all four of us (Vero, Francisco, this other guy friend of ours that I also bought him with money, and me :wink: )

we go out and see the line... and OH MY GOD.. the line is HUGE, like 300 people or even more, easily... no, in fact I think that about at 8:45 it was like 300... at this time it's like 400 or more...

we keep talking and stuff... in R&P radio I hear that oin the malls are already people waiting for the doors to open. I really didn't know what to think at this moment.. none of us... we thought that like at 12 everything would be cleared up adn the thing wuld be easy, but no...

at ine moment a friend call me, and I tel her that leave her house and go buy th eticket somewhere, I mean FAST...

Vero tells me that she has a friend at number 58m and that I can buy with her, so I tell my friend to come fast and she can get the ticket. She arrives and in like 10 minutes she enters (lucky bastard :wink: ), and 15 minutes later she comes out with her ticket :D:D

then on radio I hear that in VIÑA DEL MAR the doors opened and the 200 poeple waiting rushed in, also in PARQUE ARAUCO, that ther's no line and a sea of people, 200 too. in ALTO LAS CONDES...everywhere, I coulnd' t believe it...

the line in the center now is 2 blocks long, and those are long blocks, like 200 meters each. MAYBE 1000 people in line

at 11 the numbered seats tickets line begins to enter too, at the same damn small space of like 4x15 metters (nothing really) and with only 1 cashier with 2 guys....

the correspondantss say that everytings going to hell, there no order, caos, some pushing and shoving in some parts... then they say a mall is not that full... in half an hour it was jam packed.

Meanwhile were appearing for more TV channels, and we form a group of like 7 with copano that are going to sing PRIDE when some cameras were rolling LIVE... It becams a party for me all of the sudden...

sorry for bother you, but here are the real hard facts:

the stadium capacity for the concert is 70.000

in the night, 14.000 tickets were SOLD...

by 2 oclock. 35.000

by 5, 6 and 7, news were appearing in online news that 4 areas are now SOLD OUT and that the tickets are in like 45.000...

by the time I'm writing this, 3 am, I ssume that about 55.000-60.000 tickets are sold....

THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY IN CHILEAN CONCERT HISTORY

WITH THE HIGHEST PAYING TICKET OF THE TOUR

THE 18.000, 32.000, 140.000 and 175.000 pesos TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT

this IS THE NEW RECORD for Chile

and we se that THERE IS CROWD FOR 2 CONCERTS, NO MATTER WHAT THE COST IS...

I mean... I'm not that happy because of my ticket, but I'm actually happy in almos orgasmic ways that this whole country has gone crazy... the U2 FEVER.. this countery has gone freakin nuts about this concert... in all the TV stations you could se PANDEMONIUM

and now I'm just rooting that the producers back down from their call at the press conference last friday that no matter how fast they sell the gig, there will be no 2nd show.... but because of the conflict and really bad organization, they see now that THERE'S CROWD FOR 2 SHOWS....

I mean, in some malls they stoped selling tickets because they run out.... but not because it souled out completely, but because the printed tickets we're not all.... THE NEVER EXPECTED THIS THING TO HAPPEN, THE SYSTEM COLLAPSED IN ONE MALL AT THE Nº 5... I mean.. that sucks hard....

I just hope they can get the 2nd show, even though the only good day is the day before, the 25th... and that'll mean that we should get at least 1 week or so to change the ticket to the 25th...

There needs to be an answer on the 2nd SAO PAULO show and the RIO SHOW... If SP2 it's the 21 mayeb they'll get RIO the 23rd... or meybe there will be no Rio, and SP2 it's the 22... that gives U2 4 days between shows, and they CAN get one in between

I BELIVED... I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT TODAY... AND NOW, I BELIEVE EVEN MORE... :sad: :bow::drool:

PD1: sorry for the long post...

PD2: I think about 12 pm, it will ALL BE SOULED OUT

Last edited:
*triple post*

u2_entradas_0112_2_l.jpg

McPhisto (the 4th guy), Francisco and ME... with our tickets :hyper:

GA, of course

Sorry for the misspellings :reject:

and as of now, 2 o'clock there are only 3000 tickets left

IT'S OVER... around 4-5 PM, all the 70.000 tickets SOLD OUT... :hyper:

GIVE US A 2nd SHOW :madwife:

the last ticket record here was Pearl Jam that sold 3.000 tickets in 24 hours... U2 did 50.000 :ohmy:

pepokiss said:
IT'S OVER... around 4-5 PM, all the 70.000 tickets SOLD OUT... :hyper:

GIVE US A 2nd SHOW :madwife:

the last ticket record here was Pearl Jam that sold 3.000 tickets in 24 hours... U2 did 50.000 :ohmy:
That's a fantastic record! WOW!

Unfortunately, don't get your hopes up for another show. There is still a ton of demand all over Europe and the US, and it looks like U2 is done. They're going away leaving everybody wanting more! (U2 could easily sell out another 30 shows in the US tomorrow, immediately. There's still heavy demand in places like New York, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, etc.)

I think they wanted to be the biggest band in the world and play everywhere, and by the end of this tour, it looks like they will have pretty much done so!

:applaud:

:hyper:

the guy with crotches was Nº1 because he had crotchesm, nothing more

some people got in line at 8:30 am and left at 14:30 am

and some dude got there at 7:30 am, bought the ticket at 10 am, then he went in line agin for his sister at 11 am and left with the ticket at 8 pm

and well, Sao Paulo has the last show in the 22nd... so in between the 22nd and the 26th there's nothing... we SHOULD get another show...

Lila64 said:
I think they wanted to be the biggest band in the world and play everywhere, and by the end of this tour, it looks like they will have pretty much done so!

:lol:

Yeah, they've definitely done that with their grand total of ZERO SHOWS in mainland Asia and Africa! And let's not forget how Eastern Europe almost wholly missed out on shows too.

pepokiss said:
and well, Sao Paulo has the last show in the 22nd... so in between the 22nd and the 26th there's nothing... we SHOULD get another show...

I'm expecting the Sao Paulo show to be on the 21st. Unless they slot Rio in between the 21st and the 26th, I'd imagine they could fit in a second Santiago show on the 25th. I doubt it will happen though, considering how rarely U2 add an earlier date. I doubt a second show on the 27th would happen considering that would give them only one free day to get to Argentina.

Axver said:

:lol:

Yeah, they've definitely done that with their grand total of ZERO SHOWS in mainland Asia and Africa! And let's not forget how Eastern Europe almost wholly missed out on shows too.

I didn't mean literally everywhere. But I was trying to make a point that they were touring the world. If you want to get technical about it :madwife:

:shifty:

Lila64 said:

:applaud:

They ARE the biggest band of the world! In fact, since 1987 :)

Vox

I was trying to enjoy Pepokiss' wonderfully enthusiastic story about how he overcame all that pandemonium and became the first human in Chile to buy U2 tickets, but I kept getting disturbed by images of the old man with crotches and I was wondering what that must feel like

Last edited:
HAHHAHAAA!!

Where the hell did you find THOSE!

Fuckin' hell, the U2 community never ceases to amaze me...

4U2Play said:
I was trying to enjoy Pepokiss' wonderfully enthusiastic story about how he overcame all that pandemonium and became the first human in Chile to buy U2 tickets, but I kept getting disturbed by images of the old man with crotches and I was wondering what that must feel like

he was like 55-60... and had 1 crotch, because he had a cerebral something... he weighted like 140 kilos (280 pounds) 4 years ago, and he had a breakdown and now has to use crotches... he was like 5'5" and weights like 90 kilos now (180 pounds)... and feels better than ever...

:)

yeah, he talked too much...

just in my mind at the time...

I don't know really... today are the elections... for president.. so U2 is not the news of the day, at least today and tomorrow maybe

BTW: there's som ETS packages, if anyone's intersted :shifty:

Last edited:
In all my years of following concerts and bands and the music industry, I have never seen anything like this.
All over the world, people just can't get enough of U2.
They could tour till they literally drop and the demand would still be there.
It worries me sometimes that they may try to meet these demands..
We should be very thankful for what has been given by the band.
May not seem that way when you are trying to get tickets, but this is the most phenomenal tour event, ever.
I can understand how a country, including the US, can't predict the unpresendented demand for these concerts.
It's U2 :drool:
That's just the way it is.. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom