Ticket Drops, Scalper Prices, & Day-of Tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcranston

The Fly
There are a couple threads about ticket drops regarding specific shows. But I think it would be helpful to have a braoder one. Personally, I'm desperately seeking Montreal 1 & 2, however, it's looking increasingly more likely that I will be resorting to scalpers. Montreal tickets on eBay have only gone up in price since the spring, and at this rate, it doesn't look like they are slowing down.

I'm wondering about other experiences regarding ticket drops the day of the show and scalper prices. I can tell you that Toronto #4 didn't see much of a ticket drop, I had two friends who each bought GAs. One bought it for $300 before the opener, and the other got it for $250 during the opener.

On one end, I'm optimistic that scalper prices will go down by the time the opener starts. But there's obviously never any guarantee, and it seems like that if you want tickets to a show high-in-demand, you're either going to have to dish out the cash, or get insanely lucky with ticketmaster.

Any other stories?

Mike

I'd say try on ebay the day before the show. I got two excellent (balcony, but still really good) Boston seats for $50 altogether and just had to pay $20 shipping to get them overnight. It was an amazing show, they were at my doorstep before 3 and everything worked out okay.

The tickets for Montreal are way out on the price, i can t believe people are asking that much for the two shows and getting the price for the tickets, I would have to sell my BMW to see both shows the way the price is for the two shows... It is awful.....

Back
Top Bottom