Things to do in NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jellybelly

Babyface
Ok, so I'm flying to NYC on Wednesday and since I've never been before and I have all of Thursday 6th free, I was just wondering what any New Yorkers out there would recommend doing for someone on a budget who only has one day!Any ideas would be muchly appreciated :)
Or even better, if anyone living in New York wants to show me round the city that would be great! Or anyone else who hasn't been before and wants to explore with a fellow U2-obsessive......

Jenny

Jenny, You could check out Central Park and walk around Soho
Alot of cheap eats and the weather has been great.
Good Luck

If the weather's nice, make sure to walk around a lot... walk around the Central Park/Fifth Avenue/Rockefeller Center area, it's very nice. Soho is also great as dgirl mentioned, especially if you want to do a little shopping. Chinatown is good for cheap eats (and to check out as well). Times Square is worth seeing too, especially at night.

jenny
email me and i can send you a list of places.
caragriff@gmail.com
it depends what your interests are. central park for sure, you can walk by bono's apartment, also as has been recommended above, greenwich village and soho, of course. but not sure if you are interested in sights, pubs, shopping, or none of the above, so it all depends....

its on the upper west side with every other celebrities apartment. actually it was funny on one of those entertainment shows last week they showed his building. they were doing something on celebrity houses or something... upper west side though...goodluck

please... bono's new york apartment is in the san remo building, steve job's old apartment. it's public knowledge, has been printed in multiple newspapers, and the building also happens to be one of the most recognizable architectural designs in all of new york city. it's not like you could actually get inside the building by just knowing where it is.

san_remo_06oct.jpg

That is indeed an interesting Bldg, whether architectural interest or not. How old is the Bldg? Does anyone know? I don't have time to read or research it, I am at work right now.

I love NYC and have been a bunch of times and always picked the penthouse of the San Remo as the dream place for me to live. I couldn't believe that of all the people to actually buy it, it was fucking Bono.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
please... bono's new york apartment is in the san remo building, steve job's old apartment. it's public knowledge, has been printed in multiple newspapers, and the building also happens to be one of the most recognizable architectural designs in all of new york city. it's not like you could actually get inside the building by just knowing where it is.

san_remo_06oct.jpg

Actually, access to Bono's apartment is quite easy - if you're the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. (Seriously, it looks like the previous tenant was Gozer.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom