The New Australian Date(s) Ticket Sales Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
A Thread title longer than a U2 album!

I have my Sydney III GA is of 9:02am this morning from the outlet.....Stress free...I notice that the tickettek site is down ;)

How'd Everybody else go?

Let me just state the obvious... the ticketek web site is a total disgrace.

Anyway I got lucky... after 1/2 hour of the website crashing I finally got through to the end and came out it with A reserve, row 5 in section 105-1.

I got Sydney III ticket in GA this morning. Thats 4 U2 shows in 6 days!!! What a fucking week!!

I wonder when it will sell out...

I was at uni when the tickets went on sale, but one of my friends picked up tickets online so I'm happy. :drool:

I just managed to buy a ticket for the show on the 10th on ticketek... a limited number appear to have been put up for sale... its a C - Reserve ticket but thats still something. Maybe worthwhile checking for people hoping to attend this show.

Huh, just checked Ticketek and tickets are still available for every section - except D Reserve! :huh:

Theres no way the third will sell out. As if 80,000 people will want to see U2 on a Thursday when there are 160,000 tickets to see them on a weekend.

If I go to the third I'll probably pick up tickets closer to the date. :shrug:

What's the promotion been like for this show? If it's been decent, I think it will sell out soon enough. Seems like it's not going in a terrible hurry, but I think the demand is there.

Not much promotion really.

I was thinking of picking up seats for the Tues show, but really it would be the best night to have GA wouldn't it, given it's a weeknight. You'd really just have to beat the rush of school kiddies at 3 and workers at 5 and you would be pretty much set.

Last edited:
timothius said:
Not much promotion really.

That's going to let it down really. I'm surprised GAs are still available - and that the only section sold out yet is still just D Reserve, of all reserves.

I was thinking of picking up seats for the Tues show, but really it would be the best night to have GA wouldn't it, given it's a weeknight. You'd really just have to beat the rush of school kiddies at 3 and workers at 5 and you would be pretty much set.

Well, it's a Monday, not a Tuesday, but it's not like that changes your point. I'm actually most looking forward to this show - should have the best set. Are you going to both of the first two shows, Timo?

Also, I hadn't noticed this before, on Ticketek's U2 page:

RUNNING TIMES:
5:30pm : Gates Open
7:30pm : Support Act - Kanye West
8:45pm : Main Act - U2
11:15pm : Finish

So U2 are actually scheduled in to play 2.5 hours, not 2? That bodes well ...

Huh, just checked Ticketek and tickets are still available for every section - except D Reserve!

What was that I said about it being a struggle to sell out a 3rd show? :wink:

As for promotion, I saw more mention of the 3rd shows in the media than I ever did with the first 2. I don't think it matters how much promotion there was.... the 3rd show was never going to sell out as quick as the first 2 shows.

Also, I hadn't noticed this before, on Ticketek's U2 page:

RUNNING TIMES:
5:30pm : Gates Open
7:30pm : Support Act - Kanye West
8:45pm : Main Act - U2
11:15pm : Finish

So U2 are actually scheduled in to play 2.5 hours, not 2? That bodes well ...

I hadn't noticed that either... 2.5 hours, hey? That's awesome. :up: Do most of their shows usually go for 2 hours or does it vary?

im excited!!!!

i got my c reserve ticket
apparently the bozos at the box office did not have a seating map so a few of the peeps were confused

I came in with a map in color and the guys made 3 copies and plastered it all over

now i have tickets to BRISBANE I, SYDNEY III & MELBOURNE I

I am unlikely to go to Brisbane though, now that I have bought the Sydney ticket

MAGS ma boy - you are in luck.....we will discuss the issue of how i should send my ticket to your brisbane family and discuss the price as well (BTW its an A RESERVE seat) - talk 2 u soon.

AND GET THIS.........I managed to get the SAME SEAT :D that I had to give up as Pearl Jam are playing in brisbane on nov 11 and ill be there......wikkid :)

also..........i went there and arrived at 6 AM, anticipating a huge line

all i could see were 2 scalpers, who ive known for a bit who had slept under a roof for 5 days straight....:ohmy:
they bought 4 A RESERVE TIX and splashed out the cash like 'twas nothin!!! :wink:

Last edited:
tim
the 3rd show is on MONDAY 13/11/06
not thursday :)

timothius said:
Theres no way the third will sell out. As if 80,000 people will want to see U2 on a Thursday when there are 160,000 tickets to see them on a weekend.

If I go to the third I'll probably pick up tickets closer to the date. :shrug:

OceanGirl said:

What was that I said about it being a struggle to sell out a 3rd show? :wink:

:lol: It doesn't count as a struggle yet; it's only been on sale for a few hours! I'm sure most bands, even those playing huge venues, would love their shows to ordinarily sell out in a week, let alone a day or an hour.

I do wonder how long this one's going to take to sell, though.

I hadn't noticed that either... 2.5 hours, hey? That's awesome. :up: Do most of their shows usually go for 2 hours or does it vary?

U2 shows have traditionally been roughly 2 hours for the last few tours (before that, 1.5 hours was closer to the norm). This tour, the shows in the US typically ran from 9pm to 11pm, while in Europe, they became a bit longer. 2.5 hours is actually pretty close to U2's record show length. They've never done 3 hours. I believe 2005-06-27, Dublin holds the record for the longest show.

Looks like its on the verge of selling out. Thought I'd do a test run and try and by 4 tickets for A reserve of 4 tickets for B reserve and it said it was unatainable. Same thing happened when I tried to buy 2 tickets for either of those sections. Must be only a few single seats left, have no idea how well GA is going though.

Walked in to local Ticketek office here in Brisbane...

Old lady behind the counter asks what I want tickets for.

"U2 in Sydney please" I reply.

"Who sorry?" She says.

"U2". Again.

"And how do you spell that?"

:eyebrow:

bono_man said:
Walked in to local Ticketek office here in Brisbane...

Old lady behind the counter asks what I want tickets for.

"U2 in Sydney please" I reply.

"Who sorry?" She says.

"U2". Again.

"And how do you spell that?"

:eyebrow:

That is what I call a Kodak moment!:camera:

bono_man, last time I checked the ticketek website, GA's, A Reserve and B Reserve were all still available. C and D Reserve were all gone though.

Is it just me, or does the fact that C and D Reserve are gone while GAs aren't make utterly no sense at all?

Axver, I figure there are heaps of people going to Sydney I and II who have GA and A or B Reserves for both shows and can't justify spending more money on expensive tickets. So, so they can go to the 3rd show they have compromised and bought worse tickets. That's the only sense I can make of it.... !

maybe those who are going to I and II as GA just don't want to queue up again particularly on a school night. And if you've aleady been to 2 shows you might be a bit strapped for cash?

Dunno...but agree Axver, it feels a tad strange.

Back
Top Bottom