The Constant Promises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoCalMusicLover

The Fly
In early June, there was this:

06-09-2006 05:03 PM - u2.com - thank you for your patience
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We at U2.com would like to thank you for your patience around the recent postponement of the Vertigo Tour dates. As we're sure you can appreciate, changes of this nature generate a great deal of work behind the scenes.

We hope to have the situation resolved soon. We apologise for the delay and thank you again for your continued patience.

Then....5 Weeks Later:

Tour dates within the NEXT week!

News just in: the previously postponed Vertigo '06 Tour dates are definitely being rescheduled and an announcement confirming all details will be made 'within the next week'.

Word is that the final details on shows are just about in place and an announcement is on the way. As usual U2.Com will be the first place to have the full story.

And then finally this on Sunday:

Christine Sams
July 16, 2006

Irish supergroup U2 will announce the dates of their rescheduled Australian concert tour this week.

The band's promoter, Michael Coppel, has confirmed that an announcement is imminent.

More than 60,000 ticket holders are waiting for news about U2's Vertigo tour.

Music insiders said U2 concerts would now be held in early November, with Sydney performances scheduled at Telstra Stadium on November 10 and 11. There is also the likelihood of an extra Sydney show on November 13, with fresh tickets going on sale for fans. But those dates are yet to be officially confirmed.

U2's official website, U2.com, is also carrying news of an impending announcement, telling fans the full schedule of new Vertigo dates will be released within days.

The band's tour was postponed in March because of a family illness, believed to be affecting the daughter of guitarist The Edge.

U2 has since apologised for the delay in announcing the rescheduled dates.

And so it goes....

Don't forget Bono saying new dates were imminent back in March ... :|

What bothers me is that they didn't just come out and say last week that the announcement would be on Wednesday/Thursday July 19/20, and be done with it.

I guess I'm a novice on planning concerts, but given the fact they had already planned these shows out once already, would it be so terribly difficult to do it over, not entirely from scratch.

I guess if there's more to it, then perhaps it's more significant than 10 dates, but they are wasting our time checking for news, when they obviously planned to release it later this week.

1 Week does not equal 10-12 days, and Imminent does not equal 72-96 hours.

Yep, I agree with all you've said. I really don't understand why they have to keep making such vague, ambiguous promises. It's becoming tiresome: when are we going to get something of substance?

I think its good we are atleast hearing something... Before everyone was complaining that they were left in the dark at least we now know theere will be dates and a annoncement is on the way.

Just be Patient guys.

I dont like being too cynical, but i wonder if things would be different if it was the USA leg of the tour they had postponed...

Yeah, I admit - I'm sick of it!!!!

When they announced that the concerts would be postponed and Bono said that "hopefully on Monday" there would be an announcement, I was constantly checking to see if there was any news! Finally I got fed up and thought I'd forget about it because eventually there HAD to be an announcement!

I hadn't bothered thinking about it until last week when they said that we would have dates within the next week! Now that week is gone and we have heard nothing. Then on Sunday SMH said that dates would be announced THIS week. I have been constantly checking for an announcement since I read these statements and it is driving me nuts! If we don't hear anything by Sunday, I will be seriously pissed off!!!! :mad:

I'm with ya Oceangirl, along with most other people I think... I reckon u2 are losing lots of fans very quickly

junkydog said:
I'm with ya Oceangirl, along with most other people I think... I reckon u2 are losing lots of fans very quickly

I doubt they're losing fans, but the delays will likely mean there are at least some people unable to make plans in time to travel from the U.S. or Europe. Then again, I suppose these shows should be for the locals primarily, although it would be nice to think U2 cared about it's fans wanting to follow them to Australia/Japan/Hawaii.

I don't blame U2 for any of this. But the idiots over at U2.com who are making these announcements for the upcoming announcements really need to pick up a calendar and realize that a week means 7 days, not 9 or 10. (or even 11, 12, 13, etc..)

Back
Top Bottom