The Addition of New Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity

Refugee
I heard somewhere that they can add new dates for the third leg, unannounced, and 10 minutes after the initial dates get sold out. Is this true? Specifically, what happened for NJ/MSG, because I remember that they added the MSG date before the sale. But anybody know when new dates are added after the sale and if they are announced or not?

yesterday they added two new Boston shows within about 35 minutes of 10 am, and about an hour later added another Atlanta show which will go on sale next Saturday....so it just depends

i LOVE how everyone got extra shows yet houston and dallas sold out in 15min both and got nada.

Detroit is getting a second show on October 25th. My friend heard it on the radio this morning. Tickets supposedly go on sale Friday at 10:00 am

Whoooooooo hooooooooooo

I was quite suprised that added dates were not popping up all over the place Saturday. I guess promoters are being more cautious with this particular leg of the tour. The first leg was adding dates like crazy.

what I've noticed is they leave extra days between gigs in their tour itinerary when they first announce the dates. That is usually a good indicator that more shows will be added in. Usually what happens is the first show in an area will go onsale and then as soon as that one is basically sold out, they add another, and even another after that. Remember on the fall leg I think only 1 show for each of those cities was "officially" announced, and ALL of them added extra dates. So, keep an eye out for the onsale on monday for msg, I'm sure they'll add even more shows.

Dallas/houston sell out in about an hr time total...yet Detrot still had tix avail and they get another show? silly u2

Toronto has to be getting more shows. They open on a Monday, then take Tuesday off, play Wednesday and don't play another show until a week later in Chicago.

Some one said that Toronto is getting at least 4 shows.

Look at Chicago. They get 2 stops on the first leg, 2 stops on the thrid leg with room for more shows to be added. MSG get like 8 shows.

Has anyone heard any more about additional Toronto shows?:scratch:

well thus far they added 2 more MSG 10/11 and 10/14..the rumor is they may add 2 more but perhaps those will be officially announced and subject to another presale?

:madspit:

It may not sell out immediately on Friday (last show didn't, but it did sell out the same day) but it will sell out.

Not my fault they have not announced second dates for other cities... :|

oh i know..i just dont get how there is a 3-4 day gap between detroit and houston and no word of another show, yet houston and dallas sold out in 30min tops

Miroslava said:
I called Detroit! :wink:

I actually called it before you some time ago!!! :madspit: ;)

The 2nd Detroit show will sellout also, just wont be as quick as the first one. I understand some markets are unhappy they are not getting a 2nd show. There is alot that plays into it though. Venue availability, cost, logistics, etc. I wouldnt take it so personal like some of you seem to be.

kromeis, Houston was never going to get 2 shows anyway. Its never been a real strong U2 market, even though I know it soldout quickly this time. However, Elevation, Popmart, and Zoo Outside Broadcast were not steller sellers. Elevation soldout, but it took awhile and they were playing a fairly small arena then.
Now Dallas should be getting a 2nd show and I'm a bit surprised actually they are not. But go back to what I said about cost, logistics and availability. It could have played a factor.

Blue Room said:

The 2nd Detroit show will sellout also, just wont be as quick as the first one. I understand some markets are unhappy they are not getting a 2nd show. There is alot that plays into it though. Venue availability, cost, logistics, etc. I wouldnt take it so personal like some of you seem to be.

kromeis, Houston was never going to get 2 shows anyway. Its never been a real strong U2 market, even though I know it soldout quickly this time. However, Elevation, Popmart, and Zoo Outside Broadcast were not steller sellers. Elevation soldout, but it took awhile and they were playing a fairly small arena then.
Now Dallas should be getting a 2nd show and I'm a bit surprised actually they are not. But go back to what I said about cost, logistics and availability. It could have played a factor.

elevation tour(16-18k venue) soldout in a few hrs last time. i know...i couldnt get tix. Popmart played the astrodome..thats 70k ppl

kromeis said:
Dallas/houston sell out in about an hr time total...yet Detrot still had tix avail and they get another show? silly u2

I feel sorry for you Texans. You got 4 shows on the last tour and only 2 on this tour??? You guys are officially the ones on this that got shafted big time. (I know.... Alberta.....signed the petition, so I'm still pulling for you guys.) I think Detroit is very undeserving of a 2nd show. It appears that the 10/24 show is now sold out, but that took 2 days to accomplish. That's not bad, really, but it goes to show that the demand does not exist in Detroit for a 2nd show. The Palace holds like 21,000 ppl or something, it's one of the biggest arenas on the tour in one of the smallest demand markets on the tour. Had they put the 2 shows on a Friday and Saturday, sales would be better. I'd be going.

I'm going to 5/7 Chicago and then Cleveland, but I want to see a 3rd show. I live equal distance from Detroit and Pittsburgh, but I've decided to go with Pittsburgh because it's on a Saturday, which makes it convenient cause I don't have to take off work.

Btw, if anybody gets an extra GA ticket to Pittsburgh and wants to sell it, email me at farmnerd@hotmail.com. We can only get 2 for the pre-sale, but we need 3. Just asking is all.

kromeis said:

elevation tour(16-18k venue) soldout in a few hrs last time. i know...i couldnt get tix. Popmart played the astrodome..thats 70k ppl

Interesting, because I could pull up tickets for Houston for Elevation on TM back then a week or so before the show. :shrug: Popmart was nowhere near 70K, it didnt come close to selling out, I believe attendance was 25k to 30K on Popmart. It was also a slow seller for the Outside Broadcast also, I think it did sellout or came close to selling out though.

Blue Room said:

Well, I meant that I called the official sale date and all before it got posted to ticketmaster. The spec that Detroit would get an actual 2nd show had been around for a while, so not taking credit for that one :wink:

Miroslava said:

Well, I meant that I called the official sale date and all before it got posted to ticketmaster. The spec that Detroit would get an actual 2nd show had been around for a while, so not taking credit for that one :wink:

I know, I was joking also. ;)

Texas fans, I dont want you to think I'm saying you dont deserve more shows. I'm just indicating why I'm not suprised there is no 2nd Houston show. I would have thought there would be a 2nd Dallas show or at least a show in Austin or San Antonio though. Could be worse, look at Calgary, they got 2 shows last tour and sold them out easily. They appear to be getting no shows this tour.

I've got nosebleeds for Chicago 5/10 and GAs for Detroit 10/24. Do I try for Detroit 10/25? Are back to back shows worth the money?

Back
Top Bottom