The Addition of New Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never done a back to back, but I know that I will be dying if I dont go to both shows at the Palace :wink:

i live in texas (dallas) and am fully NOT surprised that houston did not get a second show. for one, it is a weak market (odd considering there are 4 million people) and two, U2 aren't going to add a 2nd show before the 1st one (which is what they would have to do considering that dallas is the next night). the logistics of doing that just wouldn't make sense.

but i am quite surprised that dallas did not get a second show.

oh well.

james

I'm doing 2 shows in NYC back to back...as I was getting the 10/10, the 10/11 came up and I tried for GA....but got a better seat than 10/10.

Miroslava said:
Detroit 2: Friday at 10:00 am

OK, maybe this is a silly question cuz I haven't followed all the ticket limit threads that closely, but I bought 2 GAs for Detroit 1 this past weekend in the general sale... can I attempt to purchase 2 GAs for Detroit 2 (or even Cleveland) in the general sale this coming weekend? Or because I already bought a pair of GAs that's it. Just don't want TM canceling my order. :|

question...if shows are added this weekend for say, toronto, they will go on sale immediately right? there is no chance another pre-sale would be held next week?

Just remember that there are several gaps still on the third leg and its potentially possible that more shows and cities could be added.

kobayashi said:
question...if shows are added this weekend for say, toronto, they will go on sale immediately right? there is no chance another pre-sale would be held next week?

Some have gone on sale immediately, some have been included in presales or gone on general sale later.

Shono said:
Toronto has to be getting more shows. They open on a Monday, then take Tuesday off, play Wednesday and don't play another show until a week later in Chicago.

Some one said that Toronto is getting at least 4 shows.

Look at Chicago. They get 2 stops on the first leg, 2 stops on the thrid leg with room for more shows to be added. MSG get like 8 shows.

Has anyone heard any more about additional Toronto shows?:scratch:

Toronto does have four nights BOOKED, it is up to u2 management descretion if they use the four nights up.
I'd love to see U2 at least 2 of the nights they are in my hometown.

James U2 said:
i live in texas (dallas) and am fully NOT surprised that houston did not get a second show. for one, it is a weak market (odd considering there are 4 million people) and two, U2 aren't going to add a 2nd show before the 1st one (which is what they would have to do considering that dallas is the next night). the logistics of doing that just wouldn't make sense.

but i am quite surprised that dallas did not get a second show.

oh well.

james

I disagree that Houston is a weak concert market - quite the contrary actually. Obviously, U2 left no room in the schedule for a second Houston show, though they did leave room for a possible extra Dallas show. My experience is that Texans spend a lot of $$$$ for live performances.

Right now there are 3 e-bay auctions for GA tickets for the Houston show at ~$425/each and there's an auction for so-so seats in the high price range going for $660. Hardly signs of a weak market.

matt_tx00 said:

I disagree that Houston is a weak concert market - quite the contrary actually. Obviously, U2 left no room in the schedule for a second Houston show, though they did leave room for a possible extra Dallas show. My experience is that Texans spend a lot of $$$$ for live performances.

Right now there are 3 e-bay auctions for GA tickets for the Houston show at ~$425/each and there's an auction for so-so seats in the high price range going for $660. Hardly signs of a weak market.

agreed....everything sells out in houston

Maybe the term "weak" isnt appropriate regarding Houston. I think the point is that as a U2 market, Houston is not their strongest area historically speaking. Sure, they have soldout shows there, but they have everywhere else that is getting a single date on this tour and alot of other tours in the past. If U2 thought the demand and market were there they would play multiple dates and would have previously. The last time U2 has played back to back dates in Houston was 1987. Dallas has historically been a bigger market for them in Texas. So given the option between Houston and Dallas for a 2nd show, Dallas would win out. Its not a cut on Houston, some of you seem to be taking it personally.

I'am suprised Detroit is getting a 2nd show honestly. What I have heard though its mainly due to cost and logistics, it made sense for them to schedule another one there. Houston didnt work out that way for this tour at least and hasnt in the past for some reason. Its that simple, I wouldnt take it as a slight on Houston.

Blue Room said:
Maybe the term "weak" isnt appropriate regarding Houston. I think the point is that as a U2 market, Houston is not their strongest area historically speaking. Sure, they have soldout shows there, but they have everywhere else that is getting a single date on this tour and alot of other tours in the past. If U2 thought the demand and market were there they would play multiple dates and would have previously. The last time U2 has played back to back dates in Houston was 1987. Dallas has historically been a bigger market for them in Texas. So given the option between Houston and Dallas for a 2nd show, Dallas would win out. Its not a cut on Houston, some of you seem to be taking it personally.

I'am suprised Detroit is getting a 2nd show honestly. What I have heard though its mainly due to cost and logistics, it made sense for them to schedule another one there. Houston didnt work out that way for this tour at least and hasnt in the past for some reason. Its that simple, I wouldnt take it as a slight on Houston.

Damn You!! kidding..ha.. yeah..i just think texas as a whole got screwed.. no second houston/dallas or stop in S.A. it just seems weird. Its not like they need the money, but those stops would be instant sellouts.

It is interesting that with all the Texas talk, little is said about no Austin booking; I believe that U2 is probably strongest here; and with S/SW Music Shows airing this month, demand would be phenomenal. Oh well; Dallas and Houston it is, I guess.

captredwing said:
calgary/edmonton may 1&2
:shh:

make yourself known captredwing! name your source! how do you know this???

if this were true, it would be all over the media by now. may1&2 - that's less than 2 months away!!!

i agree with you if this was true.. it would be all over the news and the tickets would be going on sale prettey soon... i think captredwig is only messing with us..

Back
Top Bottom