Tail number

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadelynIris

Refugee
Curious if anyone knows or has taken the time to check the tail number on U2's jet. If we know it, we can track when they are arriving at various airports.

The tail number (registration number) is not usually the same as the flight number.

The tail number is for identification, in this case it would begin with a C seeing as it is from canada, followed by 4 or five other letters / digits.

The flight number usually corresponds to the aircraft operators name.. ie each flight will start with an anacronym and then have a flight number.. eg British airways flight 001 would be BA001
easyjet flights are designated EZY, etc etc..

There's a chance that Vertigo would be coded VGO or U2 I suppose, but I doubt every plane that lands at every airport is logged publically. (freight planes wouldnt)

Right - If anyone has seen the jet, you can see the tail number. At any given time, based on tail number, one can determine if the plane is in flight and where it is headed based on a filed flight plan.

So, you could determine when they were to arrive. Still doesn't necessarily give you a shot at seeing them (there are convenient ways to get from plane to car and out of the airport without being seen).

very interesting. There's got to be a photo out there on the web somewhere.

I found this one from Popmart, and you can pretty much make out the tail numbers.

POPplane.jpg

Back
Top Bottom