Sydney I- Pre Announcement Pre Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm "definitely" going jealous here :angry:

too much Aus/NZ tour and not a single South American thing :sad:

let's hope all togheter... oh, wait, you're not doing that anymore *shakesangryfist*

I still can't believe Perth was "specifically" mentioned. That just doesn't happen!
My hopes are going through the roof................:hyper:

Wonder if they will change the opening from "Everyone" to "Definitely...Definitely...Definitely...".

Pre-emptive thread :up:

DignityPassesBy said:
who do you think will open an australian tour

i'd love to see a band like youth group or gelbison open i really like both of them at the moment

Shihad :drool:

U2girl said:
Wonder if they will change the opening from "Everyone" to "Definitely...Definitely...Definitely...".

They "definitely" "definitely" "definitely" "definitely" "definitely" "definitely" "definitely" "definitely" "definitely" "definitely" "definitely" "definitely" "definitely" "definitely" will. And Wake Up will be replaced by Axver That Joke Is Getting Old by the Interference All-Stars.

hey guys, this is my first post, but i have been following you crazy people in this thread, and the one before that and that one before that for a couple of months now, waiting and waiting for some good news and now it seems that its just around the corner, so i figured it was time to join the fun!

just a couple of thoughts; why would U2 sell through ticketek here, when they've been selling through ticketmaster everywhere else???

secondly, i emailed the following message to U2.com

"Hi, after months of speculation, it seems as though the U2
tour to Australia is looking good for March next year. I absolutely
don't want to miss out on good seats, so my question is this,
will there be a presale of tickets to u2.com fanclub members in
Australia? If not then I would really, really appreciate it if you
could tell me what the best strategy for getting good tickets is?
thanks a heap."

Suprisingly, I got a response back from them within 12 hours! which is rare for U2.com, and this is what they had to say:

"Thank you for your email. All announcements for confirmed official tour information will be posted at U2.com on the "Tour Date" section at u2.com/tourinfo/ -- Please visit us there for THE most up-to-date, official, and accurate information regarding tour dates, venues, ticket availability, and updates for all things U2 and the Vertigo Tour!

If tickets are available, please visit Ticketmaster at ticketmaster.com to make your purchase. U2.com does NOT sell the tickets, only Ticketmaster sells the tickets.

We understand there are many "unofficial", "affiliate", or "fan" sites out there -- there are also ticket brokers and "scalpers" that post incorrect or unofficial information -- U2.com is THE official website, and we can only confirm the information posted at u2.com. We cannot speculate on any future dates or venues. If it's not listed there, it's NOT official!

If you have any questions, please contact us at orderhelp@FanFire.com or one of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or 1-916-350-2016. "

so there you go, it seems as though they are trying very hard to convince me that its "not official" YET, and they didnt even answer my question about fan club presales, so who knows whats going on.

Oh, and as far as ticket agencies go, a few North American shows weren't through Ticketmaster (Montreal and Buffalo were two, I think?). It's dependent upon what agency the venue itself uses.

ITS NO SECRET THAT FRIEND IS SOMEONE WHO LETS YOU HELP
ITS NO SECRET THAT A LIAR WON"T BELIEVE IN ANYONE ELSE
THEY SAY A SECRET IS SOMETHING YOU TELL ANOTHER PERSON
SO I"M TELLING YOU CHILD

LOVE, WE SHINE LIKE A BURNING STAR
FALLING FROM THE SKY ... TONIGHT

AND MAN WILL BEG AND MAN WILL CRAWL
FROM THE SHEER FACE OF LOVE
LIKE A FLY ON THE WALL
ITS NO SECRET AT ALL

:drool: i love those lyrics ... i'll sing them extra loud

Yeah, here they are all tied in with the venues. So the SuperDome (Packer owned), funnily enough, uses Ticketek (Packer owned).

We need Headache with one of his big Office of U2 Security "IMMINENT" signs.

I'm desperately trying to nail down 'the man', but haven't been able to so far today or yesterday. By now he'd know absolutely everything.

Earnie Shavers said:
Yeah, here they are all tied in with the venues. So the SuperDome (Packer owned), funnily enough, uses Ticketek (Packer owned).

What a strange co-incidence!

:wink:

I'm desperately trying to nail down 'the man', but haven't been able to so far today or yesterday. By now he'd know absolutely everything.

*hands you a very large hammer*

:hyper:

Oh baby...

So whats the percentage here? Is it actually 100%??

Im trying SO HARD not to get excited until the official word comes through but I cant help myself!

will we hear before, after or not the DVD release date? Have you spoken to 'the man'? Can I have his mobile number? :wink:

both hmv and sanity are now saying 21st november...bastards have pushed it back a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom