Sydney GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Av

The Fly
Hey guys for all you who attended the sydney concert with a GA ticket, what was the cut off time for ariving and getting into the inner section "eclipse".

Also to help out those those "like me!!" going to the upcoming concerts what time did you arive and what postion you had.

Hope you had a great time !!!

Thanks guys:p

Hi

There are only 4000 ppl allowed in the Eclipse. We arrived at 1pm and already the 2 queues were long but we managed to get front row at Sydney 2. I would think that you need to be there by 3pm to get into the inner section.

Enjoy

We arrived at 10am - there was a queue of maybe 200 infront of us. We got into the ellipse and about 4-5 rows from the front. It was awsome and a necessity to be in that position - the sound is great, it's amazing to see them up so close. People arrived very slowly after 10am - most people started turning up after about 12pm where the stream of people became much bigger. Everyone got rid of their chairs and umbrellas at about 3pm and started condensing the queues and it just compressed and compressed more until the gates opened at 5:30pm. So I would say get there no later than 11:30am if you want to get into the ellipse but the earlier you get there - the closer you will get. It is well organised - 2 queues one for gates E and F and another queue on the other side of the stadium for J and K but both queues enter at the same time and same rate. Bring a chair, umbrella and sunscreen and plenty of water though - it's very hot and in the full sun! There were quite afew queue jumpers though and not much policing of this so you just have to watch it yourself.

Did they have a wristband system or anything?

How exactly does GA work - from what I can tell there is the little eclipse section at the front, then the front of GA, then a barrier about halfway down the ground splitting it.

I'm a bit paranoid that's all. If I get in the front section, and then go to buy a drink, do I need a wristband or anything to be let back in to the section I was in? Or will I be dudded?

I spose I'm also interested in the wristbands in terms of the queue itself.

Agree with staden. I got there at 10:40 and got into the fenced off area. Anything after 11:30 would be cutting it fine. One thing though... people are mad lining up overnight. I don't get this. As far as I can tell with 2 lines and such a long walk from the security check into the GA area I don't see how being at the front 100% guarantees anything. Other than a sore back from such an uncomfortable sleep!

if you want to leave the front section they stamp your neck. if it's smudged eben just a little they won't let you back in!!!

How many people in the front section? Cos from what I've seen there's the little pool of people I guess in that pit then the rest of em. I don't care if I'm not in the little pool, but would like to be in the front half of the ground. I'm at Melbourne on Saturday.

I arrive for Sydney 1 at 5.00am Friday morning with three mates and we had about 100 people in front of us. By the time we went in there was only about 10 people in front as the line splits into six mini lines as you pass through the bag check area. A U2.com member handed out numbers to the first 200 or so in the line but these meant nothing when it came to getting into the stadium. Security was very poor and a lot of new faces seemed to appear out of the blue in the afternoon. You really need to police it yourself along with the others in the line. We ended up with the best seats in the house- on the rail level with the B-stage on Adam's side. This is definately the side to go as Bono starts and finishes here, and spends so much more time on this stage compared to Edge's side. LAPOE is also done here.

Back
Top Bottom