Sydney, Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungU2aus

The Fly
I've been a fan for a couple of years. Just bought October to complete my collection. Finally got a chance to see U2 by getting GA tix to both concerts in Sydney.

I don't know what to do now. I have to be in Edinburgh, Scotland, for an elective term in November. Bono's voice is giving and I don't know when they'll (if ever) tour Australia again.

Should I:

A Spend A$2000 for a weekend return flight from Edinburgh/Sydney

B Forget my cardiology term and just stay in Sydney (who needs a career?)

C Ebay 1 of my GA tix for $2000 and watch the 2nd concert

D Repeat to myself 'I don't like U2 THAT much'

Has anyone heard any confirmation about the new dates? It would be soooo good if they push it back to 2007, lol.

Not good if they push back even more.....I think a few of us would agree with that. Unfortuntely - logic prevales and I don't think that you would get $2000 for a GA ticket. The unfortunate simple thing is - hang on a little longer and see what happens..,,ps - why would you want to do cardiology??? So boring!!! :wink:

hmm, my friend is offering $200+a coldplay ticket for my 2 GA tix. maybe i'll take that up if the dates are indeed november.

putting the guide wire into someone's heart for angiography is pretty interesting :)

Ooops!!!! Putting guide wires in hearts is cool until they splice the aorta!!! :) and then I think you know what's next!!! And it's really boring!!! How about an anaesthetic term? I have only ever met boring cardiologists..... :) And there are so many cute anaesthetists around!!! :)

If you're planning to become a cardiologist, shell out the $2000 and fly back for the weekend. In ten years time, that'll be half a morning in the cath lab and you won't be able to forgive yourself for not seeing U2 before they were too far over the hill...

too true, but try explaining the dent in the credit card to ultra conservative Asian parents : ( 'educational purposes' just ain't gonna cut it this time.

and anaethetists are so boring! they play sodoku while the surgeon operates. i am doing an ICU term after cardio, though... so it's funny you mentioned that fingal. and i just realised i'd be in coffs during the coldplay concert... i might just sell the tix. omg, this sucks. i hope they delay till next year.

Screw the education - U2 only come around in a blue moon!!! :) Education follows you for the rest of your life!!! :)

AchtungU2aus said:
I've been a fan for a couple of years. Just bought October to complete my collection. Finally got a chance to see U2 by getting GA tix to both concerts in Sydney.

I don't know what to do now. I have to be in Edinburgh, Scotland, for an elective term in November. Bono's voice is giving and I don't know when they'll (if ever) tour Australia again.

Should I:

A Spend A$2000 for a weekend return flight from Edinburgh/Sydney

B Forget my cardiology term and just stay in Sydney (who needs a career?)

C Ebay 1 of my GA tix for $2000 and watch the 2nd concert

D Repeat to myself 'I don't like U2 THAT much'

Has anyone heard any confirmation about the new dates? It would be soooo good if they push it back to 2007, lol.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'd keep on with the education and spend less than $2000 on going to another concert (don't they ususally do Dublin last? Pray for another European leg) that's closer or a new album soon. Something is bound to come up.

If you quit your schooling and got a flat tire on your way to the concert (or a million other things that could happen) and missed it you'd regret the education loss the rest of your life.

Really...if you never went to another concert (or this would have been the only one), when you look into the eyes of your true love or hear your first born cry for the first time, the concert loss would shrink in comparison. Life has magic! (Yes, I *am* an old fogie...but life is still wonderful in later years and still brings delight and surprises).

Wait for a chance to do both; U2 isn't going to enter a nursing home anytime soon (uh-huh - wheelchair races in the halls! People in walkers flying like bowling pins. BOOOOONNNOOOO!!!).

Cardiology is fascinating, and it might be a PLEBAn someday who needs your expert help! :D Steady on!

lol clifedge, yeah, that's what i've been telling myself for the last 2 months!

and thanks rini for your helpful advice. it would be rather pathetic if my firstborn was crying for the first time and all i can think of is missing the vertigo tour :)

i'm doing obs/gynae in 2 weeks so i guess i'll be hearing lots of crying. if bono/edge are going to nursing homes any time soon i'd have to consider geriatrics

PS i didn't even know what PLEBA was till you mentioned it. guess i haven't been on this site for long enough.

Back
Top Bottom