Sydney, Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungU2aus

The Fly
Hi all. I'm a stressed out U2 fan from Sydney who's trying to get some GA tickets to the show on 31 March. I realise the tix are on sale today for U2.com members (silly me didn't join after seeing what happened in the States earlier this year). General sale to the public are on 5th Dec 9am and I'm not sure if I'll need to sleep out at my local Ticketek to ensure getting the tickets. I'll be working the night before from 11pm-7am. Not sure if I can just rock up around 7:30am???

Really MUST go to this show. Not sure what to do. Some help/advice would be gladly appreciated.

AchtungU2aus said:
Hi all. I'm a stressed out U2 fan from Sydney who's trying to get some GA tickets to the show on 31 March. I realise the tix are on sale today for U2.com members (silly me didn't join after seeing what happened in the States earlier this year). General sale to the public are on 5th Dec 9am and I'm not sure if I'll need to sleep out at my local Ticketek to ensure getting the tickets. I'll be working the night before from 11pm-7am. Not sure if I can just rock up around 7:30am???

Really MUST go to this show. Not sure what to do. Some help/advice would be gladly appreciated.

Grab some breakfast and head straight to your nearest seller. Is it only ticketek selling them? Does your local Grace Bros/Meyer have an outlet? We have one in Penrith which wont open til 9, but I'd not bank on what the queues might do - thus waiting the hour or so til the doors open, and then racing up to the ticket floor. Where abouts are you? It's a good time to avoid any city or heavy metro area.
:slant:

I'm working in Liverpool Hospital. There's a Ticketek inside Myers pretty close to the hospital. I was planning on going there at 7am and wait till 9am when the store opens. I have that sinking feeling this will turn into shit. :(

As long as we a GA ticket, we can camp out the night before the concert and get in the eclipse, right?

Sometimes I wish U2 weren't THAT popular.

:hmm: Liverpool isn't too bad, is it? I wonder if there's a way of seeing how fast these presales sold. It might help give an indication of how much of a fight you're facing. What about friends or something? Family? I've not even got a clue how many GAs are selling for this show. There'd surely be plenty left. Good luck mate, stand your ground at whatever Myer entrance is closest.
:up:

Congrats to those who got presale :)

Hmm, I think I'm gonna get a friend to stay on the net to try to get the tix at 9am whilst I wait in line at Myer's. Guess that's the best I can do. If it doen't work I'm gonna have to bring a very long ladder to Telstra Stadium on 31st March :(

Thanks for reassurance Angela. btw who's that guy with the mikes in front of him?

AchtungU2aus said:
Hmm, I think I'm gonna get a friend to stay on the net to try to get the tix at 9am whilst I wait in line at Myer's. Guess that's the best I can do. If it doen't work I'm gonna have to bring a very long ladder to Telstra Stadium on 31st March :(

Thanks for reassurance Angela. btw who's that guy with the mikes in front of him?

Resurrect the thread and let us know how you go! I got very lucky and a friend in Perth got us GA tickets. She's flying over for the concert, lol. Crazy fans!
Friend on the net sounds like a great idea, too. Really, I reckon you'll have no worries getting the seats, it just depends on how good you can get them. GA even still shouldn't be too bad as there's still a lot of concert folk who prefer to sit and be comfortable. I'll be hoping for you, anyway :)

The guy in my signature is Paul Roos, the Swans coach! Love my AFL!
:up:

My mother can get my tickets with her work - I don't find out which tickets I have until I get them in my hand and that can be up to 3 weeks after they go on sale!!! All I know is that I have ordered the expensive tickets!! :) And I may have one spare :) And I may also have the most crap tickets in the venue :) Oh the lums of getting tickets to U2 shows..... considering Zoo Tv I was not too far away from the stage, pop mart - only 7 rows from the front...Is this a good sign??? I HOPE SO!!! :ohmy:

Thanks for all your help guys and gals. I am a Lions fan and more of a League follower (from Bris Vegas originally). Still, I must sound pretty stupid/ignorant :huh:

I don't know how to 'resurrect' this thread... I'm still noobie.

Fingal77 if you can get a spare ticket I will be a slave/run over your enemies :)

Have you guys ever been to a U2-fan meet up? It sounds so corny (sorry if you've been to one) but I'm struggling to find friends who are into U2 as much as I am...

Well I have a slight delima (is that how you spell it??). My mum is buying me the ticket for xmas and well we were after 7 tickets and we only managed to get 2....I dearly want to go GA but at the same time - I don't have the stamina for a whole day of it....just wondering - do I get a GA ticket - wait for the other ones to come through and if I don't want to do the GA thing and get decent $199 tickets - sit and enjoy myself...by myself??? and sell the other ticket - I think that I will buy a GA ticket and worse case scenario - ebay it if I am not happy with it.....

Almost. Dilemma. :) I am definitely going to do the GA thing. Preferably I'll find someone to do it with me, but I'll definitely do it. I guess if you have the opportunity to, get the $199 tix. But if you get in early with GA I think it really will be the best 'seat' in the house.

Just depends how early we will have to be for good GA....my other friends quite aren't "keen" as I am....they are U2 virgins (this will be my lucky 3rd time) and I don't even think that they are true fans - I think they are going for the simple fact that it will be cool.....Am I being a U2ist?? :)

But back to your question - I would be heading to your local ticketek outlet as soon as you finish work with a stiff coffee and line up - either that or find a friend that has broadband.....then the fun begins on the 31st of March :ohmy:

hehehe, there's no shame in being an U2ist. Damn, late hospital shifts suck hard. Not looking forward to being an intern! Yeah, I'll be outside ticketek at 7:15am. Using a friend as a backup. Hopefully all this work will make my experience extra special.

You poor bugger - I'm an RN in newcastle :) I am lucky enough to work in a nice little private hospital in a unit that only works mon-fri and no night duty :) Just think - U2 are worth it - yes - it may only be 2 hours of fun but the memories last a life time :yes:

It is good fun camping out.....just the last 2 hours are the worse :) You can hear your bed calling you from the ticketek office :)

My friends tend to lean on me a bit and not too keen on the idea of camping out - more waking up early - I think camping out....Makes the whole process more fun :) Just depends where though - Town, Emptitainment Centre or Charlestown...where will you be??

hehehe, I wish I could camp but I've got work 11pm-7am...

RNs have such a tough job, eh? but i think med students/interns are several rungs below you guys :) I was thinking of (and this required both of my neurons) putting a sign outside of Myer's only entrance on the 4th of Dec saying 'if you're interested in purchasing U2 tix please call -insert my mobile-' That way, I'll know when the first ppl have arrived. If it does happen, I'll try to bargin my way with the person and pay him/her $20 so I can join the queue at his/her spot. Surely there aren't that many U2 fans in a dodgey area like Liverpool (major supplier of trauma patients)?

But all this thinking is too stressful and I just wish I was inside the frigging stadium already!!! :(

Back
Top Bottom