Stupid Brokers in Kansas City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Stupid brokers at Ace Sports at the Oak Park Mall have been advertising a U2 show for Dec 12th and have already been taking purchases!

GA's are on sale for $250. I bet they feel stupid now that the Charlotte show went on sale for that date.

suckas!! Great for Charlotte. Seems only natural they get this show rather than KC. Omaha and STL are too close. I'm in mid-missouri, and I would have loved to have a KC show.. going to STL, though. One show is a enough. Cant justify multiple shows when the setlists are pretty stagnant. Give me more diverse setlists, and I might be tempted to catch another show or two.

Holy crap, you guys are close. I'm in Olathe. The guy that runs Ace Sports is a shmuck. Don't ever go there. He used to have a shop in Olathe and he chewed out a friend of mine because my friend noticed he was selling conterfiet baseball cards.

Yeah, I've met the "Ace Sports Guy". A total shmuck indeed. He's like a used car salesman meets comic book store guy meets Michael Moore.

Sat, 12/10/05
Gund Arena Cleveland, OH

Mon, 12/12/05
Charlotte Arena Charlotte, NC

Wed, 12/14/05
Savvis Center St Louis, MO

Thu, 12/15/05
Qwest Center Omaha Omaha, NE

Sat, 12/17/05
Delta Center Salt Lake City, UT

Mon, 12/19/05
Rose Garden Portland, OR

--------------------------------

Looking at these dates, I'd say Kansas City is impossible at this point.
They never book three nights in a row, it's too hard on Bono's voice.

considering st louis stilllllll hasnt sold out yet, id have to say it was a pretty good decision to go with charlotte instead

geez, im embarrassed to be a st louisian

So sad!!! I'm from Mission, KS, but am living in Belfast, Northern Ireland right now. Was hoping that at least my family would get to see U2, as I am here in Ireland while they're in America and I'll be in America when they come here over the summer.

Gar!!!

Well, keeping my hopes up...maybe something will happen! We'll at least always have Last Night On Earth...even though, it's not the most pleasant of U2 videos, it IS Kansas City. Of course, I've had to convince some of my friends that Kansas City is not filled with large slime covered people...

LOL! You know, the LNOE video would have been much better if they would have dropped the band in westport on a Sat. night. Perfect chaos/zombie backdrop. :)

Ah, I've a couple friends there — Rick Evans and Seth Forshee — do you know them?

I'm a reporter at The Olathe News and I live in some apartments by Hy-Vee.

coemgen said:
Ah, I've a couple friends there — Rick Evans and Seth Forshee — do you know them?

I'm a reporter at The Olathe News and I live in some apartments by Hy-Vee.

No, don't recognize the names, but it's a big place and I haven't been here long.

Glad to meet ya.

jsuhr said:

No, don't recognize the names, but it's a big place and I haven't been here long.

Glad to meet ya.

I see you have a New Memphis link on your website. I was talking to someone at work the other day about how New Memphis changed their name and they know someone in the bad, but I forgot which co-worker I was talking to.

U2Fan101 said:

I see you have a New Memphis link on your website. I was talking to someone at work the other day about how New Memphis changed their name and they know someone in the bad, but I forgot which co-worker I was talking to.

Yep, I'm the guitar player... we're now called The Farewell (at www.thefarewell.com). We'll be playing around town several times over the next few months if you want to come check it out.

Do you know anyone who works at Perfume Pizazz? They are the one's who told me about you.

U2Fan101 said:
Do you know anyone who works at Perfume Pizazz? They are the one's who told me about you.

Uh... nope. But that's a good thing--for a long time the only folks who knew of our band were our immediate friends and family.

BTW, we do a jazzy cover of Love is Blindness that I'm pretty proud of. If you decide to come out to one of the shows let me know and I'll make sure it gets on the setlist.

Back
Top Bottom