Struugling to sell out in Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thats right. their behind the stage, but still, surprising. i might have to pick one up.

The first 4 sold out so quick, I figured there would be strong demand for the fall. 5/6 months later they should be in prime form and mixing up the set list. I also figured a lot of local got shut out the first go around with nothing else in the midwest, south, southeast drawing lots of out of towners in.

Disappointing to say the least. I was hoping to pick up good seats for an added show. I can't imagine them adding a show with as slow as the first 2 are going. I guess I can go home and not wiat around work (high speed internet there).

Does anybody think that they may have made a mistake by announcing the fall dates so early?

With the price of good reserved seating at $170 - your shelling out $340 a pair. Which is fine if your buying tickets in the spring and the fall. But to have to pay for both in roughly the same month is not possible for everyone.

theblackcat said:
Does anybody think that they may have made a mistake by announcing the fall dates so early?

With the price of good reserved seating at $170 - your shelling out $340 a pair. Which is fine if your buying tickets in the spring and the fall. But to have to pay for both in roughly the same month is not possible for everyone.

I think ticket sales were handled this way to discourage scalping, but it also seems like in some markets the third leg is selling more slowly than you'd expect. I agree with you...I think a lot of people just don't have the money for more tickets right now.

RademR said:
thats right. their behind the stage, but still, surprising. i might have to pick one up.

They have ones that are not behind the stage left.sec 332-334 i managed to pull up.

theblackcat said:

I think this isn't necessarily true. My credit card statments with U2 tickets on them for the 1st leg have all been paid now. These 3rd leg tickets are going to show with a month or two to spare. This is why it rules to have no annual fee credit cards. The best money management possible for absolutely nothing.

oh boy do i feel like a moron now.

i got trigger happy thinking another member on these forums might want a 200 level which is in the corner behind the stage because the GA's were out, but turns out they didn't want it.

ah well, if i'm not able to get rid of it within 6 months, serves me right for doing something stupid. at least the ticket was a cheap one.

bcrt2000 said:
oh boy do i feel like a moron now.

I win - I selected 2 for Any Price, Best Available assuming 300-level rear stage was all that's let. I ended up buying 2 in sec 305 w/o noticing they're $95 seats. My bf is going to KILL me! Can you cancel a TM order? I e-mailed and called and left a message already....

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I win - I selected 2 for Any Price, Best Available assuming 300-level rear stage was all that's let. I ended up buying 2 in sec 305 w/o noticing they're $95 seats. My bf is going to KILL me! Can you cancel a TM order? I e-mailed and called and left a message already....

ouch. i'd probably cancel the 200-level that i ended up getting if you could. however it was one of the last 200 levels and its only 50 bucks, plus i just ended up getting a GA to that show as well so i'm hoping someone is willing to take both off my hands (in exchange for some effort in trying to help me get Toronto GA's).. still waiting on a response from clarity

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I just want 2 nosebleeds for Detroit or Chicago...

would you be willing to take 1 200 level behind the stage & 1 GA for the Sep 9 2005 show? if clarity takes both then its off, but otherwise i'm willing to let you in on them (face value, $125 together including the service charges i paid & shipping) in exchange for some help getting me Toronto GAs (if you don't end up getting any its okay, but at least you tried)

i'm just really worried no one will go for them because its a bad combination (having two seperated seats)

Feh. They'll probably sell out and then announce another show -- like a Saturday show. Then, everyone will be dumping their weekday tix. Chicago's a great town and all, but the UC is not as easily accessible as Fleet in Boston and MSG in NY. If you're travelling to Boston or NY, at least you don't have to rent a car in addition to hotel and air.

:laugh:

I love how U2 fans talk about something "struggling" to sell out when it hasn't even been on sale for a DAY.

United Center might not be in the nicest part of town or *right* in the center of the city, but you certainly don't have to rent a car; the bus service from downtown works fine and it's not a long ride.

Axver said:
:laugh:

I love how U2 fans talk about something "struggling" to sell out when it hasn't even been on sale for a DAY.

When it is four hours later and they are still not sold out, yes it is a struggle. Not only by U2 standards, but by those of any major act. I would think their is a little suprise in the U2 camp that the tickets are going this slow. They have a huge gap in front of the 2 Chicago shows and I would think fully expected to add a couple shows the weekend before the announced dates.

I just pulled up 8 tickets together behind the stage. (5 hours after on sale)

I am shocked that Chicago did not sell out both shows. You can still get upper levels in front of the stage 6 hours after presale. I guess Boston does win out.

Hell, if you don't mind being on the opposite side of the arena in the UD, I just pulled up a pair in Sec. 310 Row 11 for 9/21.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom