Struugling to sell out in Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:

Hmm, and where did you receive this official information? Just curious. What I had heard is that the numbers were almost identical to Elevation because the stage is VERY similiar in design.

I know for Detroit they had lower level 4 rows up rear stage on there directly behind the stage (as I was curious and looked during the onsale). So what section(s) are not being utilized this time that were for Elevation?

A recent Billboard article stated that the first leg sold 470,000 tickets to 28 shows. So, if you add up the capacities to each venue, or for each show, you'll find that basically 1-2,000 less tickets have been sold for each arena show. It might be because of "production kills" however...

STING2 said:
No, no one in here is ever wrong because they have a different estimate than your own.

But we're not talking about estimations are we?

Originally posted by STING2 No one will know the precise attendance figures until they are published by amusement business. The only indication that there would be a slightly reduced capacity is the report from Billboard biz saying that 470,000 tickets were sold for the first 28 shows. If the full capacity for the arena's is used, the number would be roughly 498,000 tickets sold based on the number of tickets sold for these same venues last time. Considering the average sellout time for the first 28 shows was around 10 to 15 minutes, there would be no reason at all to hold back 1,000 tickets, unless there was something about the set up that blocked the view from certain seats. As "Blue Room" has stated, from what is currently known about the stage set up, it is identical to the Elevation set up.

That's nice. But the capacities for each arena show will be lower than compared to the Elevation tour.

NoControl said:

But we're not talking about estimations are we?

That's nice. But the capacities for each arena show will be lower than compared to the Elevation tour.

You certainly are since your not using any precise data.

Will see what the actual capacities are when amusement business starts to publish the figures in April. Based on the fact that tickets have been available in all sections for every show, it does not appear that capacities have been reduced at all, but will know for sure in about a month.

Last edited:
:lol: This thread is just funny. StingII has a point though, NoControl you are also using "estimates" as precise data. So who is right? I dont think capacity has been reduced much if at all for this tour compared to Elevation. But as Sting said we will know soon enough.

I guess here is the big thing. Why is this a big deal anyway?

Last edited:
Well, for all you doubters, looks like the two Chicago shows have finally sold out as it appears that you cannot purchase tickets anymore. Once again, Blue Room was right. Blue Room, do you mind if I email you to ask you a couple of questions? If you don't want to post it here and email me directly, my email is zootv25@hotmail.com

Wait.... U2WOJO.... are you trying to say they added ANOTHER show in Chicago? Like... there will 7 Chicago shows instead of 6?

No, I'm just a blabering idot who is acting like English is his second or third language instead of my first. I meant for them TO ADD, as in hopefully now that the first two dates have sold out, they will at some point add a date in front of the two.

The_acrobat said:
Wait.... U2WOJO.... are you trying to say they added ANOTHER show in Chicago? Like... there will 7 Chicago shows instead of 6?

It is possible. There is a gap after the Milwaukee show and the band will be staying in Chicago up through the Milwaukee show at least.

My "guess" though is that they will add a date or two in a different market in that gap. A place like Indianapolis or MAYBE they will head north and hit Calgary/Edmonton/Winnipeg market. Also, you have to remember that just because there is a gap doesnt mean they will play shows. They do take some time off during the tour typically.

Blue Room said:

It is possible. There is a gap after the Milwaukee show and the band will be staying in Chicago up through the Milwaukee show at least.

My "guess" though is that they will add a date or two in a different market in that gap. A place like Indianapolis or MAYBE they will head north and hit Calgary/Edmonton/Winnipeg market. Also, you have to remember that just because there is a gap doesnt mean they will play shows. They do take some time off during the tour typically.

You Indianapolis idea intrigues me..... and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. But I'm already going to 3 shows, I'd much rather have the folks in Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg get their shows. They can add Indianapolis on 12/12 if they want. I expect they are going to leave that date open in case they have to reschedule something.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom