Starting of the GA line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shifty24

Babyface
General Question:

What time has the GA line typically began during this tour? I know that Staples 1 back in April it started about 10:00 the night before. I am going to the show tomorrow in Salt Lake and am wondering if you all think people will be starting line up tonight, during the night, or not till morning. Any feedback appreciated.
BTW, I have a tent and heater ready for tonight just in case.

Thanks, Todd

It all depends on the venue. Usually there are about 30 nutjobs that camp out for the night.

I'd suggest stopping by sometime tonight and checking it out if possible, and then make a decision what you want to do.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I am one of the nutjobs that finds camping out for the night part of the experience. I have only done it in Phoenix and LA though, not quite as cold as SL in December. It is supposed to get in single digits tonight. I just wonder if we do decide to do it, if anyone else is even going to show up. Just have to play it by ear I guess.

I'm sure people will show up. There were over 40 people who spent the night out in St. Louis, I think there were around the same in Cleveland, and it was damn cold for both.

PS - I'm one of the nutjobs too.

Wow, nobody camped out for Hartford... the earliest was 3am.

Then again, it was LIMB REMOVAL COLD. And windy. Thank god they let us in at 9 :drool:

If U2 wanted to be sadistic they could do a show in Winnipeg during January or something... with first come/first serve in the ellipse to make it even more desirable. :drool: :ohmy:

I just drove by the Delta Center in Salt Lake and am seeing about 20 people camped out across the street already. I hope I get a good spot when I join them around 5am. I gotta get some shut eye!

for st. louis, some crazy guy started the line at 7:00am the day prior. we went by the line at 4pm to check it out, and there were only two guys there by that time. so basically that first guy wasted a whole day just sitting out there by himself.

Chizip said:
I'm sure people will show up. There were over 40 people who spent the night out in St. Louis, I think there were around the same in Cleveland, and it was damn cold for both.

Do people start (contained) fires at night to keep warm, or do they bring gas heaters or something?

^^I was at Cleveland and ST. Louis - we brought tents for wind protection, bundled up in layers/sleeping bags/blankets and had the cushion of an air mattress so we weren't right on the ground. Also used several of the air-activated warmers - though you can burn yourself with those! I have had a bum foot the past few days d/t one :rant: I bought one of those catalytic heaters that is safe to use in enclosed areas but did not end up using it -

pub crawler said:

Do people start (contained) fires at night to keep warm, or do they bring gas heaters or something?

some people in st louis had heaters

Back
Top Bottom