Staples Center Parking Situation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2zootvfan

The Fly
Hi,
I need quick advice for parking around the Staples Center. What is the parking situation? Are there plenty of lots available around the Staples Center that are available to anyone? I arrive in LAX around 2 tommorrow and I have nothing else to do in the area so I am going over to arena rather early considering I have a reserved seat. I have been offered by a friend a parking pass in lot 2 or 3 but I don't know if it worth the logistics of picking it up and still maybe arriving early and those lots not being open. Also, I would like to consider the best lots to get out after the show since I have to get back to the airport rather quickly after the show. Any information would be appreciated.

You're in L.A. and you have reserved seats. Go do something. Even at the very least, drive around. You'll probably find something of interest.

Yeah, it is gorgeous today. 80 degrees and sunny. I recommend going to the beach when you arrive. LAX is very close to Manhattan Beach or Venice Beach depending on which way you go.

Also, if you can get a pass, by all means use it as parking is outrageous next to staples. I for one will likely park at USC and take the Dash up to Staples, and either get a ride back or take a cab.

I thought you could park underneath at the Convention Center which is right next to it, they have heaps of parking, no? Everytime I go there I pay at least $20 for prkg. At this time of day I recommend surface streets to everyone leaving now, wish I was one of them, no ticky. Venice Blvd. all the way, Olympic, or Pico all the way. Far, far better than the aggravation and fumes of the fwy.

Go downtown via Pico and stop off at the Apple Pan and get their out of this world cheeseburger. Across from the Westside Mall there, Pico and Overland up a block. Delicious.

Last edited:
Take the pass man! The third party lots are a plenty, running about a half mile down Figueroa. But some make you leave your keys. Pretty sketchy. It is nice today. Apple Pan is good, but give yourself some time. Most of the hotels around Staples (especially the Hotel Figueroa have cool bars in them). Walt Disney concert hall, Our Lady of Angels Cathedral. Really neat. Both are near the music center on Hope I think.

bonoed said:
I thought you could park underneath at the Convention Center which is right next to it, they have heaps of parking, no? Everytime I go there I pay at least $20 for prkg. At this time of day I recommend surface streets to everyone leaving now, wish I was one of them, no ticky. Venice Blvd. all the way, Olympic, or Pico all the way. Far, far better than the aggravation and fumes of the fwy.

Go downtown via Pico and stop off at the Apple Pan and get their out of this world cheeseburger. Across from the Westside Mall there, Pico and Overland up a block. Delicious.

I'm a single female, and don't want to walk a mile alone downtown to park on surface streets. I'd pay to park in the lots at Staples, but I didn't know if they were open or not...

Open lots on the east side of Figeuroa directly across from the Staples Center cost $20, but provided easy access to freeways.

Back
Top Bottom