St. Louis 12/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bschwarb

The Fly
St. Louis 12/16

Sorry if there is already a thread on this - I couldn't find it.

Does anyone have any information on the Savis Center GA line?

Also, does anyone know when the doors will open to the arena?

Thanks for any information, or leading me to the thread.

im pretty sure the show is on the 14th, there is a fan gatherings thread here

http://forum.interference.com/t119265.html

we don't really have any info about the GA line yet, but I've been thinking about emailing them to see if they have any policies for it.

the doors should open at 6

Last edited:
i sent them an email asking about any GA policies they may have, so we'll see what they say

Honestly, you could get anything in the Midwest in the middle of December.

However, we usually don't get big storms until after the New Year, so you should be alright. It will probably be cold (30-40), but could be much colder if a storm comes through.

Two years ago the day after Thanksgiving was 80 degrees.

yeah i could see anything from teens to the 70's

30-40 sounds about right though

Prepare for cold regardless of forecast. During the Elevation tour (November), I did the GA line (it sleeted), and that area of downtown is a wind tunnel. The weather is exacerbated by the buildings, etc. I don't think the temperature was too bad, but it was an endurance test for us.

And I'm looking for a GA for this show too if anyone has any leads!!!! Please? :(

agentorange said:
What is ETS, Chizip? I think that's cheaper than a most are going on ebay now.

They are kind of the "official" broker that U2 allows to sell their tickets. They are able to charge more money because they include other services with the tickets, like a pre concert party and transportation to the event.

Here is the link for the St. Louis packages, click on Find Your Package:

http://secure.etstours.com/Tickets/...D=329&EventID=2893&PackageType=NO#FindPackage

If you were just primarily looking for a GA ticket you'd want to go with the Bronze package.

Last edited:
That sounds like a fair deal. One concern though: if you have to pick up your ticket at the Nite Out party, that screws you up in the GA line, right? After all, the doors open at ~6 pm. Is it early enough to let you get back in line? I can't run the risk of losing my spot in line, since I intend to be near the front of it. Has anyone else out there done the ETS party thing?

agentorange said:
That sounds like a fair deal. One concern though: if you have to pick up your ticket at the Nite Out party, that screws you up in the GA line, right? After all, the doors open at ~6 pm. Is it early enough to let you get back in line? I can't run the risk of losing my spot in line, since I intend to be near the front of it. Has anyone else out there done the ETS party thing?

You can wait in line all day, leave to go pick up your tickets, maybe have a little of the free food and drinks, then come back in line before the doors open. The only problem with this ETS party is it isn't within walking distance, you'd have to drive to get there. So you'd need to make sure you had a car or ride available.

So you could leave around 4, go get the tickets, hang out a bit, if you're back by 5 you wouldn't have any problems.

Yep, I noticed that party time after I posted. So I just bought one of the tickets through ETS. It pains me to pay that much, and tickets usually surface en masse near show date, but tickets are bringing significantly more on ebay and still rising.

I think they said they've got about 9 of the GA's left, if anyone else's interested.

So, who's got my back when I show up early in line without a ticket? :wink:

i sincerely hope that they wristband us and let us leave for the day. especially if the weather is shit. a few venues have done it that way, yes?

mads said:
i sincerely hope that they wristband us and let us leave for the day. especially if the weather is shit. a few venues have done it that way, yes?

I emailed the Savvis Center with this idea :nerd:
got a useless email that my suggestions was going ot be given to the proper person - who knows if enough of us email them maybe (doubtful but maybe)

agentorange said:
Yep, I noticed that party time after I posted. So I just bought one of the tickets through ETS. It pains me to pay that much, and tickets usually surface en masse near show date, but tickets are bringing significantly more on ebay and still rising.

I think they said they've got about 9 of the GA's left, if anyone else's interested.

So, who's got my back when I show up early in line without a ticket? :wink:

In LA lots of people in GA didn't have tickets. They were holding spots in the GA line and the box office line. It worked out for some of them.

nurse chrissi said:

I emailed the Savvis Center with this idea :nerd:
got a useless email that my suggestions was going ot be given to the proper person - who knows if enough of us email them maybe (doubtful but maybe)

what email did you use for the Savvis Center?

i e-mailed them and they never responded :(

i really doubt that they'd do wristbands and let you leave for the day, they didn't do that for the Elevation tour. but it would be soooo nice if they did.

Chizip said:

what email did you use for the Savvis Center?

i e-mailed them and they never responded :(

i really doubt that they'd do wristbands and let you leave for the day, they didn't do that for the Elevation tour. but it would be soooo nice if they did.

Just that they read my email - thanked me for the suggestions and forwarded it to the proper person - nothing too special - I'll check my junk folder to see if I still have it

i sent an email too.

just out of curiosity, are many of you guys planning to camp out if the venue will allow it?

Right now, I intend to camp out if necessary. I'll play it by ear. But I think Savvis will clear things up re: the GA line before the show. Last tour, they did a decent job of organizing, or letting GA ticket holders do the organizing. They were at least aware of the fact that there would be people in line early, which was better than a lot of venues on that tour, and they accomodated us somewhat. But I wouldn't be surprised if they prohibited the GA line until like 8 am or something. And that wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.:D

Back
Top Bottom