Special note for those holding Japan tix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pop Artist

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
From u2.com - http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1970

‘Vertigo’ in Japan: November 29, 30, December 4.
Special Information for Ticket Holders

U2 and tour promoters The Next Adventure (TNA) today announced new show dates for Japan following the postponement of the show in April.

In Japan, as a rescheduled show date at Yokohama’s Nissan Stadium was not possible, fans with previously purchased tickets will be given a pre-sale opportunity to purchase tickets to any of the 3 new concert dates.

Previous ticket holders will be contacted by postcard in the next few weeks with a unique ID number which will enable them to participate in the pre-sale opportunity which will take place between August 5th and August 31st, 2006.

Here’s the three new dates for Japan.

In Tokyo, 3 New Show Dates have been confirmed

Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Wednesday, November 29th/06
Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Thursday, November 30th/06
Tokyo - Saitama Super Arena - Monday, December 4th/06

quadcaster said:
super arena......... does that mean arena shows for japan :wink:

It might. This venue has a stadium configuration that holds 30,000 (and a 37,000 stadium config, but it wouldn't work with Vertigo's big screen) and arena configurations that hold between 16,000-22,000.

Given 60,000+ Yokohama ticketholders have to be catered for, I suspect they will use the stadium format.

So we have to repurchase our tickets? that's what U2.com seemed to imply.

Kind of sounds that way, although maybe it's more of a draw/swap...

But, if you had ETS tickets, you might not have to go through that anyway since they are probably going to take care of you as stated in u2.com's message.

Axver said:

It might. This venue has a stadium configuration that holds 30,000 (and a 37,000 stadium config, but it wouldn't work with Vertigo's big screen) and arena configurations that hold between 16,000-22,000.

Given 60,000+ Yokohama ticketholders have to be catered for, I suspect they will use the stadium format.

Why? 22,000 times 3=66,000 with behind-the-stage seats in the arena setup.

"In Japan, a rescheduled show date at Yokohama's Nissan Stadium was not possible. Fans with previously purchased tickets will be given a pre-sale opportunity to purchase tickets to any of the three new concert dates.
Ticket holders will be contacted by postcard in the next few weeks with a unique ID number that will allow them to participate in the pre-sale between August 5 and August 31, 2006."

Brace yourself for another clusterfuck!

Whatever it is, it sounds like it's going to be a pain in the ass.

westendgirl said:
"In Japan, a rescheduled show date at Yokohama's Nissan Stadium was not possible."

I think the reason was that Tokyo in December is too cold - Nissan Stadium is not covered and Tokyo Dome is a lot smaller.

ntalwar said:

Why? 22,000 times 3=66,000 with behind-the-stage seats in the arena setup.

Yes, but that setup requires U2 bring back the arena stage. Do they even still have that?

Plus, we don't know how many tickets were sold for Yokohama. 66,000 may not be enough. The stadium it was held in could hold 72,000 for sport. Obviously, the stage would have blocked some of that seating, but how many could fit on the floor? If they had sold, say, 70,000 tickets, then the 22,000 arena setup definitely isn't going to do the trick.

Axver said:

Yes, but that setup requires U2 bring back the arena stage. Do they even still have that?

I assume they own the stage - it's all custom made. I don't think there's a large demand for ellipse stages out there. :wink:

But we don't know if they still have use of the light curtain, I believe others have been using it...

Anyway, they are just going with stadium, what's the big deal - they can certainly sell the excess seats not already claimed by previous ticketholders.

Last edited:
Pop Artist said:
But we don't know if they still have use of the light curtain, I believe others have been using it...

Anyway, they are just going with stadium, what's the big deal - they can certainly sell the excess seats not already claimed by previous ticketholders.

The light curtain was designed originally for U2 (Willie Williams worked with the company) - perhaps others have also ordered it based on the success U2 had with it.

I'm not sure it can be assumed U2 can instantly sell out anywhere for any number of tickets - Honolulu and Adelaide had extra tickets I believe originally. Perhaps they will decide on which configuration to use based on the the returns/sales later.

ntalwar said:
I'm not sure it can be assumed U2 can instantly sell out anywhere for any number of tickets - Honolulu and Adelaide had extra tickets I believe originally. Perhaps they will decide on which configuration to use based on the the returns/sales later.

I think Hawaii was the only one having trouble selling. Adelaide's spare tickets came from a ticket drop that came right before the postponement - the show is considered sold out, I believe.

Japan definitely isn't U2's strongest market, at least if you look at their album sales. So I'm still quite surprised that it's going to be three shows.

My friend and I are thinking about traveling to Japan for U2 concerts from Europe.

But there is a big problem-we do not have the concert tickets. Do you know where can we buy them?

I tried on pia.co.jp web site, but most of the things are in Japanese, and I could not even fill it out registration form.

Since ETS does not sell U2 tickets any more, is there any reliable agency who sell the U2 tickets on reasonable prices.

Thank you very much for your help.

Benh5555 said:

But there is a big problem-we do not have the concert tickets. Do you know where can we buy them?

Given that the pre-sale for prior ticketholders ends on Aug. 31st (see 1st post), it's doubtful you will be able to buy them before that date.

Back
Top Bottom