South America & Central America Tour Rumours 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, that's odd

besides having a few to NONE japanesse people here, not a single Japan rumor has spread

Probably Buenos Aires before the Brazilian shows. 2-3 shows
21 Feb - Sao Paulo
22 Feb - Sao Paulo
Rio show or 2 in between Sao Paulo and Mexico
March 2 - Mexico
March 3 - Mexico
Japan / Asia shows go between Mexico and Auckland
March 16 - Auckland
March 17 - Auckland
Then onto Australia.

This is my prediction of the 3rd leg.
2-3 shows in Buenos Aires
2 shows in Sao Paulo
1-2 shows in Rio de Janeiro
2 shows in Mexico
3 shows in Japan
2 shows in New Zealand
2 shows in Melbourne
2 shows in Sydney
1 show in Brisbane
Possibly Perth and Adelaide
Possibly South Africa

The_acrobat said:

This is my prediction of the 3rd leg.
2-3 shows in Buenos Aires
2 shows in Sao Paulo
1-2 shows in Rio de Janeiro
2 shows in Mexico
3 shows in Japan
2 shows in New Zealand
2 shows in Melbourne
2 shows in Sydney
1 show in Brisbane
Possibly Perth and Adelaide
Possibly South Africa

thanks for your suport :rant: :angry: :sad:

I really hope you guys in Chile get a show.... or 10. But unfortunately it doesn't look good for you guys.

PROVE ME WRONG U2!

According to the U2//CHILE forum DG Medios (concerts producer) would already rented the Estadio Nacional of Santiago de Chile for the february 28. And chilean newspaper "La Segunda" says that: "U2 announces Southamerican "Vértigo tour 2006" and it will visit Chile"; and one of the most important newspapers in my country "El Mercurio" says that Chile is in the plans of the band between the february 20-28.
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

http://diario.elmercurio.com/2005/1...htm?id={B752F27B-A14B-4458-876D-06C90BB549DA}
http://www.lasegunda.com/ediciononline/noticias/detalle/index.asp?idnoticia=248531

This seems to be taking shape...:applaud:

Last edited:
Are u2 banned from playing china?

Their government once issued a ban on all concert acts who have, at one time, supported the "Free Tibet" cause.

u2fp

Pop Artist said:
A DG - that would be the promoter - posted to a Buenos Aires radio site that Buenos Aires would be March 1 and 2.

http://www.fmkabul.com/pages/foro_vertema.asp?id=1975

Thank you. That clashes with the rumoured Mexico date of 2 March 2006. Are you sure that poster is actually the promotor? I'm unfortunately monlingual and can't read that site. Well, I can read it but I'm not sure of the meaning of all of the words. lol.

Shag On A Rock said:

Thank you. That clashes with the rumoured Mexico date of 2 March 2006. Are you sure that poster is actually the promotor? I'm unfortunately monlingual and can't read that site. Well, I can read it but I'm not sure of the meaning of all of the words. lol.

I think Mexico City is shifting to mid-February and will start the leg. Of course this is all unofficial til official and things can change before it's official. :)

Shag On A Rock said:

Yes. He is the promotor. They might add another concert, or move them forward to the following weekend. But that's the week, definetely.

more info EN ESPAÑOL for you:

http://www.latercera.cl/medio/articulo/0,0,3255_5688_171412589,00.html

well..., basicallyt it tell the story of the Chilean flag in the Miami concert and Bono's coming to a stadium near you" phrase...

and says what seems to be the schedule for the South American tour:

- Monterrey, México (February 12)
- D.F., México (Feb 15 - 16)
- Sao Paulo, Brasil (Feb 20 - 21)
- Santiago (Feb 26)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina (March 1 - 2)

and says that there might be a 2nd show here... that's my goal... to make a 2nd show a reality :D

ok.. maybe I made that up... but that's my goal

to pressure my friends and practically everyone I know to go to this concert...

mathematically it's possible.... 70.000+ people went in 98... thinking that the same people go now... and add to that the thousands of people that didn't and now regret (I have A LOT of friends that remember watching on TV and saying "I wish I was there")... 8 years have passed... I went with 13 years... now I'm going with 21... 8 years of people growing up... and learning about music... this is not a rock concert, it's a cultural experience... and people know that... a lot of friends have told me just this week "I'm going"... and I think I'm not alone in this country... so I can make in my mind somthing like this...

besides... I'm sure at least 5000 people (or maybe less) can/will make it 2 times if they have the chance (God knows I'll be going 2 times if I can)... so... everything's possible...

or like I've been saying since March... I BELIEVE

say it... I BELIEVE... it feels good.. does it?

I BELIEVE :yes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom