so who was the belly dancer in buffalo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree she did a great job! Her dance and With Or Without You happened right in front of me, and I don't think any of it looked staged. Bono probably had his eye on her from early in the show, because she had a sign saying she could belly dance.

I wasn't too behind her in the GA line and I saw another woman and her making that sign. When it was finished and I saw part of her costume, I had a feeling she'd get pulled up. She did a great job.

I thought for sure I saw Bono go back out to the tip of the ellipse and give her something after he came out for the encore... did that happen?

She was awesome. I don't think it was staged. I think that she probably planned every little detail of how she was going to look, what her sign said, where she would position herself, etc., to maximize her chances. And it worked. I think Bono recognized as much, because as he was pulling here up, I swear he said something like "OK, you", in a playful, exasperated voice, as if to acknowledge all the work and prep and anticipation on her part.

Great job belly dancer girl/woman!

I think its time to retire the belly dancing now its getting a bit old hat now 1992 great fun, 2005 "here we go again!"

jcarroll28 said:
it looked staged...

I was standing right behind her when Bono picked her out. She was holding a sign the entire night, asking bono to dance with her during Mysterious Ways. Bono pointed to her near the end of the song and security helped her over the barrier.

It was not staged. Although traditionaly he likes to pick girls out of the crowd to dance with him during that number.

Up close she's a very cute girl. I should have asked for her number after :) So many people went up to her after the show to congradulate her. It was pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom