SLC Dec. 17 . . . BRRRRRR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ihavefollowed

The Fly
As I was patting myself on the back for scoring a set of GA's for the SLC show (thanks Larry!), reality hit me hard: this show is a week before Christmas in Salt Lake City - a place that is cold and snowy enough to have hosted the Olympics! I can take the cold for U2, but what the hell am I going to do with all of my layers when it is time for the show to start? Do they make U2 parkas??

Quick leave the line with someone holding your spot and put all that stuff in your car, then make a mad dash back right before they open the doors....:shrug:

In 2001 I waited all day in line at Salt Lake. It was November then and it was a fairly nice day. I didn't get cold until an hour before they openned the doors and by the time I gort in I am suprised nothing had fallen off yet. That was in November. This time around it will be December! Time to invest in some thermals

Well, at least it's on a Saturday... it's not THAT cold here. I remember in 2001 it was pretty cold, but I had seats then... and I will have seats this time too. Even for U2, I'm not man enough to stand outside all day in December weather... I'd rather pay $160 to not freeze. By the way, there's not a bad seat in the delta center... it's so teeny.

I had seats for the 2001 show too, but my GA envy got the better of me this time around. Maybe I will have to make a barrel fire or something . . . then again, there has been plenty of fluke weather in Utah before.

stoven said:
The cool thing about GA in the Delta Center is that it's really not a big arena at all, compared to others on the tour. If you don't get first in line, it's not that big of a deal. Here is a picture that is similar to the view I had in 2001, and shows the size of the floor and everything:

http://www.u2tours.com/displayfan.src?ID=20011109&XID=3908&Num=6&Ref=&Return=

This is going to be an excellent show! Has anyone had their actual tickets for SLC emailed to them yet? Mine have't arrived . . .

No, I elected to have mine sent to me... seeing as the concert is like 9 months away :)

Back
Top Bottom