Second Buenos Aires show added (March 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MTEdge

Refugee
Es de nuestro agrado informarle una nueva presentación de:

U2
Lugar: ESTADIO RIVER PLATE, Av. Figueroa Alcorta 7597, Capital Federal.
Fecha: 2 de marzo.

Luego de ocho años, U2 volverá a tocar en Argentina, los dias 1 y 2 de marzo en el estadio Monumental de Buenos Aires. Esta vez, el cuarteto de Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton y Larry Mullen Jr. está embarcado en el Vertigo Tour, presentando How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (2004).

Las entradas estarán a la venta desde el Miercoles 28/12.

- Desde las 0hs:
Con tarjeta de crédito Visa, exclusivamente por Internet: Campos ,Plateas Altas y Generales

- Desde las 8hs:
Se podrán comprar con tarjeta de crédito Visa por Internet y Teléfono
Con tarjeta de crédito Visa, débito Electron y efectivo en Alto Palermo, La Trastienda y Estadio Obras: Además de Campos y Plateas Altas, las Plateas NUMERADAS (las Bajas y las Preferenciales).

- Desde las 10hs:
Se podrán comprar también en Musimundos de Abasto, Av. Santa Fe 1844, Av. Cabildo 1873, Florida 770, Alto Avellaneda, Unicenter, La Plata y Teatro Gran Rex.

Se podrán adquirir hasta 4 entradas por personas.
Las compras que excedan esta cantidad de entradas serán anuladas sin previo aviso.

Medios de venta :

* Teléfono (Sólo tarjeta de crédito Visa):
Llamando al (54 11) 5237-7200. Desde La Plata al 447-7200, Rosario 527-7200, Córdoba 571 -7200.

* Internet (Sólo tarjeta de crédito Visa): www.ticketek.com.ar

* Puntos de venta (Tarjeta de crédito Visa, Débito Visa Electron y efectivo): Consulta cual es el más cercano a su domicilio haciendo click aquí

Para visualizar el mapa de las localidades, hacé click aqui .

Los precios serán los siguientes:
* Platea Preferencial (Sectores K, L, O, G, F, E, D y C de la platea San Martín / Sectores R, Q, P, O, N, M, C, D, E, F, G, H e I, de la platea Belgrano): $275*
* Platea Baja (Sectores J, H e I, de la platea San Martín / Sectores L, K y J de la platea Belgrano): $220*
* Platea Alta: $165*
* Campo: $165*
* General: $83*.

(*) El valor de cada entrada incluye el costo por servicio de venta de Ticketek. No incluye costos de envío a domicilio, ni costos de entrega en puntos de venta.

El detalle del costo por servicio, por entrada, es el siguiente:
* Platea Baja Preferencial: $25.-
* Platea Baja Común: $20.-
* Platea Alta: $15.-
* Campo: $15.-
* General: $8.-

El valor de las entradas está expresado en pesos argentinos.

» Comprar Entradas

» Recomendar el Espectáculo a un Amigo

Last edited:
English translation from Alta Vista:

It is of our affability to inform a new presentation to him into: U2 Place: STAGE RIVER PLATE, Av. Figueroa Alcorta 7597, Federal Capital. Date: 2 of March. After eight years, U2 will return to touch in Argentina, days 1 and 2 of March in the Monumental stage of Buenos Aires. This time, the quartet of Bond, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr is embarked in the Vertigo Tour, having presented/displayed How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (2004). The entrances will be on sale from Miercoles 28/12. - From 0hs: With credit card Visa, exclusively by Internet: Fields, You silverplate Discharges and Generals - From 8hs: Visa by Internet and Telephone With credit card will be able to be bought with credit card Visa, debit Electron and cash in Stop Palermo, the Back room and Stage Works: In addition to Fields and You silverplate Discharges, Plateas NUMBERED (the Losses and the Preferential ones). - From 10hs: They will be possible also to be bought in Musimundos de Abasto, Av. Santa Fe 1844, Av. Town hall 1873, Flowery 770, Avellaneda Stop, Unicenter, the Silver and Theater Great Rex. They will be possible to be acquired up to 4 entrances by people. The purchases that exceed this amount entrances will be annulled without previous warning. Average of sale: * Telephone (Only credit card Visa): Calling to (54 11) 5237-7200. From the Silver to the 447-7200, Rosary 527-7200, Cordova 571 -7200. * Internet (Only credit card Visa): to www.ticketek.com.ar * Points of sale (Credit card Visa, Debit Visa Electron and cash): Consultation as is closest to its address doing click here In order to visualize the map of the localities, hacé click aqui. The prices will be the following ones: * It silverplates Preferential (Sectors K, L, Or, G, F, and, D and C of silverplate San Martín/Sectors R, Q, P, Or, N, M, C, D, and, F, G, H and I, of silverplate Belgrano): $275 * * It silverplates Loss (Sectors J, H and I, of Sectors L, K silverplate San Martín/and J of silverplates Belgrano): $220 * * It silverplates Discharge: $165 * * Field: $165 * * General: $83 *. (*) The value of each entrance includes the cost by service of sale of Ticketek. It at home does not include costs of shipment, nor costs of delivery in points of sale. The detail of the cost by service, by entrance, is the following one: * It silverplates Low Preferential: $25. - * It silverplates Low Common: $20. - * It silverplates Discharge: $15. - * Field: $15. - * General: $8. - The value of the entrances is expressed in Argentine pesos. "To buy Entrances "To recommend the Spectacle to a Friend

They are already are for sale.

Remember: if you want GAs, you have to choose 'Campo' (Floor) and not General - which means Stands, alright?

You can find a map (and tickets) on www.ticketek.com.ar

Good luck, see you there.

This is a little unfair... I am reading that there are lines of 3 blocks in every store in the city and that many people will be left without tickets.

It might make sense in my opinion not to allow foreigners which had or will have a show near their country / town (i.e., Australia, U.S., Europe) to buy ticket, as many Argentines will be left without tickets, I am afraid.

U2@NYC said:
This is a little unfair... I am reading that there are lines of 3 blocks in every store in the city and that many people will be left without tickets.

It might make sense in my opinion not to allow foreigners which had or will have a show near their country / town (i.e., Australia, U.S., Europe) to buy ticket, as many Argentines will be left without tickets, I am afraid.

Double post :tsk:

So, let me get this straight: tickets for the second Buenos Aires show have already gone on sale and it STILL hasn't been announced on U2.com?

ramblin rose said:

That about covers it.

Most argentinian fans do not get their news from the english language U2.com. In fact, I only found out about the second date because I was signed up on Ticketek's email service. Nevertheless, this does not excuse U2.com for not having this information posted. FWIW, the start time for sales of the first Milan show and the Rome show were never announced on U2.com either. Rather, Italian fans were advised through local channels and radio stations.

MTEdge said:

Most argentinian fans do not get their news from the english language U2.com. In fact, I only found out about the second date because I was signed up on Ticketek's email service. Nevertheless, this does not excuse U2.com for not having this information posted. FWIW, the start time for sales of the first Milan show and the Rome show were never announced on U2.com either. Rather, Italian fans were advised through local channels and radio stations.

You're right, I just find it sad that u2.com hasn't updated their site since the 22nd while there has been important tour news to report.

I heard about this sale from my friends in Argentina. :shrug:

ramblin rose said:

You're right, I just find it sad that u2.com hasn't updated their site since the 22nd while there has been important tour news to report.

I heard about this sale from my friends in Argentina. :shrug:

I just reread my initial post and noticed that I forgot to mention that maybe it (i.e., U2.com not being updated) was done this way to limit non-Argentinian fans from buying tickets. Even if it was done this way though, it's still not right.

ramblin rose said:
You could be right. Personally I think it's just that the news people on U2.com are on holiday.

I think they're always on holiday and left some babboons to maintain the website.

It's just that the babboons got truckloads of bananas for Christmas and now they're sitting around feasting and have forgotten about the site.

Axver said:

I think they're always on holiday and left some babboons to maintain the website.

It's just that the babboons got truckloads of bananas for Christmas and now they're sitting around feasting and have forgotten about the site.

:hmm: :lol:

Axver said:
So, let me get this straight: tickets for the second Buenos Aires show have already gone on sale and it STILL hasn't been announced on U2.com?

Yeah that right. It was announced by the local (dis)organisation about three weeks ago.

U2@NYC said:

In fact many fans ARE being left without tickets. I queued overnight for a ticket, since it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to buy online or via phone from Ticketek (it happened with the March 1st show last week - so most of us queued). I was one of the first in the line (i.e. was served about 5 minutes after opening hour) and already more than HALF the numbered seats' capacity of a soccer stadium for 70,000 (let's say 4,000/5,000 preferential seats) was taken. Lots of speculation is going on as that the best seats were never put on sale, since it's mathematically impossible that such a number could have been sold in 5 (FIVE) minutes. Versions circulating here say that these seats were kept aside for sponsors and pre-sold to travel agencies in detriment of us fans. Other versions are directly hinting at obscure deals with the scalping mob (BTW scalpers on the Internet are already asking for over 6 times the original ticket prices).

The truth is that in Buenos Aires fans will NOT be seeing U2 from the best seats. :angry:

I just arrived to my house (11:45 PM) after a hard day of work (2 days left for my vacations!) and 5 hours of a long and tired wait on the stores. The internet and phone service is down and the city is a madness.
BTW, I got tickets for the second show too but it was a pain in the ass. :drool:

There are still tickets available as I write. The lower-level stands have sold out, but there are still GAs/Campo tickets left.

So far, U2.com is a shame. They announced the tickets for the first night AFTER I bought mine. So, they're not missing just for this holiday week, but even before Xmas.

It is ridiculous that a company like Ticketek (which I understand is one of the leading companies in the world) could not figure it out. I am reading the news and saw people queuing at 2 a.m. for tickets, which is insane and reminded me of what happened in the non-Internet world (i.e., 10 years ago). What is the point of having a company like this sell the tickets and collect a fee when it is providing the same service than if you bought the tix directly at a stadium...

:down:

ultraviolet7 said:

In fact many fans ARE being left without tickets. I queued overnight for a ticket, since it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to buy online or via phone from Ticketek (it happened with the March 1st show last week - so most of us queued). I was one of the first in the line (i.e. was served about 5 minutes after opening hour) and already more than HALF the numbered seats' capacity of a soccer stadium for 70,000 (let's say 4,000/5,000 preferential seats) was taken. Lots of speculation is going on as that the best seats were never put on sale, since it's mathematically impossible that such a number could have been sold in 5 (FIVE) minutes. Versions circulating here say that these seats were kept aside for sponsors and pre-sold to travel agencies in detriment of us fans. Other versions are directly hinting at obscure deals with the scalping mob (BTW scalpers on the Internet are already asking for over 6 times the original ticket prices).

The truth is that in Buenos Aires fans will NOT be seeing U2 from the best seats. :angry:

Not surprising, but ridiculous... Ticketmaster did the same thing with U2.com members for the first leg of the U.S. tour and I ended up with crappy seats even though I had paid for my membership. Fortunately, they made it up for the second U.S. leg.

I hope that this is not the case... it would be a true embarassment if foreigners with travel packages end up with the best seats in the house, especially since Argentines have been waiting since Popmart to see the band again.

Enjoy the show! Knowing the Argentine audience, I am sure that it will be truly amazing.

U2@NYC said:
It is ridiculous that a company like Ticketek (which I understand is one of the leading companies in the world) could not figure it out. I am reading the news and saw people queuing at 2 a.m. for tickets, which is insane and reminded me of what happened in the non-Internet world (i.e., 10 years ago). What is the point of having a company like this sell the tickets and collect a fee when it is providing the same service than if you bought the tix directly at a stadium...

:down:

I hear you. Curiously in the pre-Internet world I never had to queue: not for the Stones' first visit in 95, not for Paul McCartney in 93, not for Amnesty Int Tour in 88, not for Queen back in 1981. Stadiums were full and I always got my tix and never heard that someone didn't. Besides I never had to pay for a service fee of 10% the ticket price like I had to yesterday - a fee I'm still trying to figure out what is supposed to cover: there's no "order processing" since I didn't order anything nor used their phone or online service (I queued), no delivery (again I queued and collected my ticket at the same time I bought it). And interestingly enough Ticketek didn't even bother to provide small change at their sales points when they knew that most of those who were queueing would pay in cash. I tried to buy my AR$275 ticket with AR$300 - there was no change available and I was told that I would lose my ticket if I couldn't come up with at least $5 so that I could be given $30 back (from the cashier's own money!!!). So much for Ticketekand their "service fee". :down:

U2@NYC said:
I hope that this is not the case... it would be a true embarassment if foreigners with travel packages end up with the best seats in the house, especially since Argentines have been waiting since Popmart to see the band again.

Enjoy the show! Knowing the Argentine audience, I am sure that it will be truly amazing.

To think the best seats in the house will be taken by foreigners or "special guests" who probably don't give a damn about U2 makes me want to scream. :scream:

I've waited for almost 23 years for this (I became a fan in the War years and was circumstantially out of the country in 98 when Popmart landed in Buenos Aires).

Anyway I'm sure the show will be an unforgettable experience! :hyper:

I would have thought that after the fiasco with the first leg's sales, U2 and their crew would have worked hard to ensure all the subsequent sales went much better. It seems, however, that it's just getting worse. :|

U2@NYC, are you heading home to see the gigs in Argentina?

Axver said:
I would have thought that after the fiasco with the first leg's sales, U2 and their crew would have worked hard to ensure all the subsequent sales went much better. It seems, however, that it's just getting worse. :|

U2@NYC, are you heading home to see the gigs in Argentina?

I would love to, but I am in Buenos AIres right now for the holidays and it might get a little steep to buy another plane ticket... we also have a wedding of a good friend of us in March but it does not happen until 2 weeks after the show so it might be tough.

From U2.com:

Double Sell Out For Argentina

Tour dates for Vertigo '06 continue to break records. The first Argentina show for Buenos Aires on March 1st sold out in record time. A second was added and that too sold out.

Just to confirm: U2 will perform at the River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires on March 1st and on March 2nd.

We're expecting more information on further show dates in the not too distant future. We'll bring it to you first, keep checking back.

STING2 said:
From U2.com:

Double Sell Out For Argentina

Tour dates for Vertigo '06 continue to break records. The first Argentina show for Buenos Aires on March 1st sold out in record time. A second was added and that too sold out.

Just to confirm: U2 will perform at the River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires on March 1st and on March 2nd.

We're expecting more information on further show dates in the not too distant future. We'll bring it to you first, keep checking back.

We'll bring it to you "first"...

:lmao:

U2@NYC said:

Not surprising, but ridiculous... Ticketmaster did the same thing with U2.com members for the first leg of the U.S. tour and I ended up with crappy seats even though I had paid for my membership. Fortunately, they made it up for the second U.S. leg.

Pablo!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

I keep looking for you on MSN. Dove sei?????? Non hai visto per un lungo tempo :sad:

Back
Top Bottom