Seattle April 24th sold out in 17 minutes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
I can confirm this as I was on the phone with a tickemaster agent at 11:17 a.m. PST and I heard in the background the announcement: "U2 on April 24th at Key Arena is now officially sold out including all single seats. There is a second show that has just been made available April 25th." Tickets went on sale at 11:00 a.m.

I got my tickets for the 25th.

The Seattle market has never been a stronghold for U2. Popmart was only about 2/3 full (at the Kingdome), and Elevation was one of the only shows that didn't sell out.

To me it shows just how popular U2 are right now. Of course, the fact that the Seattle show will also draw from Vertigo-less cities like Portland, Spokane, Boise, and probably even Salt Lake City also has something to do with it.

Zoocoustic said:
To me it shows just how popular U2 are right now. Of course, the fact that the Seattle show will also draw from Vertigo-less cities like Portland, Spokane, Boise, and probably even Salt Lake City also has something to do with it. [/B]

SLC area fan here. I considered Seattle before settling on Denver. But you are right, there are going to be a ton of fans travelling to see this first leg.

I think the problem was the kingdom. concerts there sucked. And before that they were at the Tacoma Dome. When I saw zoo TV it was sold out. I think it is a combination of things. They are more popular, and a better venue, and less dates nation wide. I actually got tickets in another city for pop mart just because it was in the kingdom and I know many others that did two. :)

Seems like Seattle, Denver, Phoenix are enjoying a bump from a multitude of reasons.

1. Limited number of shows on the 1st leg on the tour.

2. Relative ease (and I mean relative) of getting tickets compared to CHI, NYC, BOS, LA

3. Shows added to the market and later presales.

Just seems as I am cruising the forums for trades/sales there are tons and tons of Denver 2's, Phoenix 2's, Seattle 2's...Almost as if everyone got those because they could and is trying to trade them for East Coast/SoCal shows.

Hope it works out for everyone!

Zoocoustic said:
I can confirm this as I was on the phone with a tickemaster agent at 11:17 a.m. PST and I heard in the background the announcement: "U2 on April 24th at Key Arena is now officially sold out including all single seats. There is a second show that has just been made available April 25th." Tickets went on sale at 11:00 a.m.

I got my tickets for the 25th.

The Seattle market has never been a stronghold for U2. Popmart was only about 2/3 full (at the Kingdome), and Elevation was one of the only shows that didn't sell out.

To me it shows just how popular U2 are right now. Of course, the fact that the Seattle show will also draw from Vertigo-less cities like Portland, Spokane, Boise, and probably even Salt Lake City also has something to do with it.

Wow...:shocked:

MissMoo said:
This is off topic, but does anyone know where the band is likely to stay in Seattle?

They were at the Four Seasons (now the Fairmont) during PopMart and probably last time too if they stayed in Seattle and not Tacoma. I remember b/c my friend's boyfriend worked there at the time and b/c my loser boyfriend didn't want to go wait for them. (but now he's my husband, so he' has to go with me - by law! :wink:)

Also of note, there was a band sighting at Bucca de Beppo last time too.:lol:

Yeah, the first leg shows will be sell outs because they're limited and really just a warm up for what will hopefully be a more extensive and arena/stadium mixed third leg.

And hopefully the Utah fans won't have to consider travelling far to see them then. :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom