Question about St. Louis show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
U2tours.com says

"Kanye West joins the tour for the first of his opening night slots, and Bono does a surprise introduction before West takes the stage."

What did he say?

U2girl said:
U2tours.com says

"Kanye West joins the tour for the first of his opening night slots, and Bono does a surprise introduction before West takes the stage."

Maybe this is evidence that Bono does in fact read interference and knew how many ignorant folk there would be out in the audience that had already written Kanye off and were ready to boo him.

Re: Re: Question about St. Louis show

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Maybe this is evidence that Bono does in fact read interference and knew how many ignorant folk there would be out in the audience that had already written Kanye off and were ready to boo him.

Or maybe he reads his own board since there were just as many ignorant folk there writing similar comments.

Last edited:
I can't really remember all of what he said, but the basic gist was how he respected Kanye's music, about how it incorporates love, hate, religion, sex, etc... bono said he was introducing him not because he needed to be introduced, but becase he wanted to honor him or something. as bono was leaving the stage kanye was walking on and they gave each other a hug in passing.

bono snippeted jesus walks and mentioned kanye 4 or 5 times during their set, so i think bono likes him.

from a girl perspective now :D

Bono looked hot in his typical jean and straw cowboy hat pre-show outfit

and Kanye West is absolutely 100% freakishly amazing

and I can't speak for Chip but us girls got some Kayne loving directed towards us last night :sexywink:

kellyahern said:
My question is did Chizip ever get his Bono kiss :kiss:? :wink:

no kiss but our little group got some Edge/Bono/Adam and a little Larry loving - I'm sure some of that went to Chip - In fact I think Bono sang Pride just to Chip:wink:

The show last night was great. I missed Kanye West because I was stuck in traffic. U2 were great they've never sounded better. I was no where near the stage but it was still cool.

Chizip said:
I can't really remember all of what he said, but the basic gist was how he respected Kanye's music, about how it incorporates love, hate, religion, sex, etc... bono said he was introducing him not because he needed to be introduced, but becase he wanted to honor him or something. as bono was leaving the stage kanye was walking on and they gave each other a hug in passing.

bono snippeted jesus walks and mentioned kanye 4 or 5 times during their set, so i think bono likes him.

Now that's classy. I think that is really cool and I would have loved to have been there to hear that. I wonder if Bono will do that introduction thing at the remaining shows also? Haha! I will find out come Monday in PDX!

I got most of Bono's intro and then video of Kanye up until he says "throw your diamonds in the sky if you feel the vibe" and then I got a bit of him doing a funky little dance in front of me on the elipse during "Jesus Walks" - where should I upload it?

MrsMullenJr said:
I got most of Bono's intro and then video of Kanye up until he says "throw your diamonds in the sky if you feel the vibe" and then I got a bit of him doing a funky little dance in front of me on the elipse during "Jesus Walks" - where should I upload it?

how big is the file? usually "you send it.com" is the best way to do it. you need to take the spaces out of "you send it" so its one word.

nurse chrissi said:
from a girl perspective now :D
100% freakishly amazing

and I can't speak for Chip but us girls got some Kayne loving directed towards us last night :sexywink:

Pleba thread about Kanye :drool:

this after he first noticed us girls :wink:

io2kbd.jpg

Sorry they're so big. Here is Kanye you can see the girls in back of him. They were awesome too.

I don't know if anyone has said how self deprecating he was. It was sweet. He said he was nervous performing for us. You could tell he was happy by the crowd response. He said "this is going better than I thought it would"

I think he expected to get booed :slant: where would he get an idea like that...

io2r7a.jpg

I was at the St. Louis show and I missed Kanye, but in the middle of the concert when Bono thanked him for opening there was mixed cheering and booing. Not surprising in St. Louis.

Back
Top Bottom