Price on tickets vary?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I have two GA's for Hartford.

I just noticed that they say for the price

and then

7.75 convience charges...

but shouldn't the tickets say 49.50 on them?

I bought these off craigslist awhile back.

They look legit, just curious why it says more than it should.

all my other tickets seemed to match up.

Prices vary by a few dollars, depending on the venue...minimum price is $49.50, but some venues are more - tix for the Madison Square Garden shows were $5 higher across the board, GAs were $54. I think the LA Staples tix are even higher.

Last edited:
Its usually a venue facility charge that makes up any difference, so likely the Hartford Civic Center has a $2.00 facility charge, which is just the building owner's way of squeezing extra money for no reason out of the patron.
Sometimes the ticket will show the facility charge separately or say "$2.00 facility charge included" or something like that.
Sheds (amphitheaters) are famous for their "facility charges" because they have a shorter season they tack usually at least 5 bucks on top of the band/promoter's ticket price.
I remember Pearl Jam insisting ( it was the1998 or 2000 tour, I can check my stubs at home tonight) that all the charges be listed separately on their tickets, so it had 3 charges on the tix for Tweeter Center in Mansfield MA, it was like $34.00 for the ticket, $5.00 "facility charge" and "2.00 parking" or something like that, I'll have to look it up. (And then of course Ticketmaster)

But basically they wanted their fans to know that their ticket price was reasonable and other were adding to the costs.

Back
Top Bottom