Presale in South America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joha_U2

Acrobat
Does anyone have any info about the presale for the South American shows?? Is there even gonna be a presale? Should I renew my u2.com subscription since I would only want it to get the presale tickets? :hmm:

How did the people going to the Mexico shows find out about the tickets for those shows going on sale??

Thanks, guys!

There has to be a presale as long as there are current members who joined at the time when members were guaranteed a presale for all venues (the guarantee was for all venues, not all dates, so venues that get more than one date may not get a presale for every show). I don't know when this guarantee was removed, but it was certainly still in place in February. I suspect that new members who join now won't get to participate in the presale, not sure about people who renew.

*bumps*

They announced the sale for Buenos Aires starts tomorrow... anyone know at what time? and I suppose there's no presale...???

Buenos Aires Pre-Sale info

The presale will open on Tuesday December 20th (10 am local time) and close on Wednesday December 21st (10 pm local time).

Also for the general sale tomorrow, they only take Visa! WHich is why I have to pass on this show, I have MasterCard and American Express. :( I think if there are still tickets in 3 weeks, then you can buy with the other cards...

Buenos Aires Presale or Sale or ANYTHING!

where do i get tickets?
ticketmaster?
is U2.com doing a pre-sale? sale?
i can't find info anywhere!

PLEASE HELP!!

thanks,
emily

in argentina is TICKETEK... but by the time, the pre-sale is over...

tomorrow at 10 (it's 22:16 now) the public sale will begin...

Pepokiss, those prices seem very expensive for Argentina. Do you think it will take some days before it sells out or like Mexico it will be gone the first day?

The floor tickets are about US$55 with the highest priced seats for about $US90. That's a lot in the Argentine economy. Even for me in the US, I would never buy the U2 tickets priced higher than $50.

Hey! If you got VISA International Credit Card, you can buy tickets for Buenos Aires NOW. They anticipated the sale for midnight. I've just got my 2 GAs...:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Yahweh_OMG

Does the TICEKTEK site allow you to purchase tickets fromoutside S America??? Im planning on going to the Santiago gig as I will be there on holiday. How do you collect tickets, post or do you have to in person??

Any info would be appreciated

Kultschar:

They will ask any foreigners to pick the Will Call option. You'll be able to get the tickets as soon as you get there by going to a U2 ticket store. In Spanish, it is called "Retiro en los puntos de venta". And remember: if you want GA, you should choose Campo and NOT general (which is in the stands, ok?).

Good luck.

MTEdge said:
Buenos Aires Pre-Sale info

The presale will open on Tuesday December 20th (10 am local time) and close on Wednesday December 21st (10 pm local time).

Anyone know if presale for any of the Buenos Aires dates did work? I've been told that members did not get their bar code for Buenos Aires presale.

ultraviolet7 said:

Anyone know if presale for any of the Buenos Aires dates did work? I've been told that members did not get their bar code for Buenos Aires presale.

I bought six memberships last January/February but only used four of the presale codes for the eurpean dates. I received 2 e-mails containing presale codes for the first Argentina show (I also received the same for the Australia/New Zealand dates). It may be that only people who bought their memberships back in the days when members were guaranteed presales for all venues (and who have unused codes) receive notifcation of the 2006 presales. I don't think there was a presale for the second Argentina show.

Robert2255 said:

I bought six memberships last January/February but only used four of the presale codes for the eurpean dates. I received 2 e-mails containing presale codes for the first Argentina show (I also received the same for the Australia/New Zealand dates). It may be that only people who bought their memberships back in the days when members were guaranteed presales for all venues (and who have unused codes) receive notifcation of the 2006 presales. I don't think there was a presale for the second Argentina show.

Thanks a lot for the info.
I'm trying to check out the reason why 5 minutes after the official sale for the second date went off half the numbered seats (of a total 5,000) were already unavailable.

Back
Top Bottom