PJ plays tonight... 12/2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
Might be worth checking it out to see if they break out any snippets that might reveal the plans for 12/9.

I also heard they are playing a 'secret' benefit show on the North Shore with Jack Johnson for some Surfing competition.

Man if you play "Daughter" from thier last 3 concerts backwards they give you the message you are asking for.

rosephile said:
"secret" benefit show, ayyy? ;) Please tell if you should happen to hear a beach name and/or date.

I think it's for this event:

rc_350.jpg

u2wedge said:
Might be worth checking it out to see if they break out any snippets that might reveal the plans for 12/9.

:scratch: why would the snippets they play be any indication of what they're gonna do in hawaii?

eddie isn't exactly the kinda guy who plans his setlist out days in advance... he puts 'em together the afternoon of the show.

Re: Re: PJ plays tonight... 12/2

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:scratch: why would the snippets they play be any indication of what they're gonna do in hawaii?

eddie isn't exactly the kinda guy who plans his setlist out days in advance... he puts 'em together the afternoon of the show.

I'm just saying that they might bust out a U2 snippet since the 12/9 show is imminent a la the Toronto clips I've posted.

And talking about opposite vibes... the PJ forum is not even buzzing about the 12/9 show... I get the feeling they're either disappointed that PJ is an opening act or no one is going.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: PJ plays tonight... 12/2

u2wedge said:

I'm just saying that they might bust out a U2 snippet since the 12/9 show is imminent a la the Toronto clips I've posted.

And talking about opposite vibes... the PJ forum is not even buzzing about the 12/9 show... I get the feeling they're either disappointed that PJ is an opening act or no one is going.

well the toronto clips had such a u2 flavor because they were actually everyone but adam was in attendance at the show. adam was across town at a yani concert :wink:

as for the pearl jam fans... both. PJ fans follow the band like a cult... even more-so than u2 fans, so they always obviously prefer them to be the main act rather than the opener... as any u2 fan would be peeved if u2 opened for, say, the stones.

u2 fans think the stones tours are lame because they "just play the hits." wellll... when ya take a look at a pearl jam setlist as compared to a u2 setlist, take a guess at how many die hard pearl jam fans feel about u2 tours? lame. :shrug:

Re: Re: Re: Re: PJ plays tonight... 12/2

well the toronto clips had such a u2 flavor because they were actually everyone but adam was in attendance at the show. adam was across town at a yani concert :wink:

as for the pearl jam fans... both. PJ fans follow the band like a cult... even more-so than u2 fans, so they always obviously prefer them to be the main act rather than the opener... as any u2 fan would be peeved if u2 opened for, say, the stones.

u2 fans think the stones tours are lame because they "just play the hits." wellll... when ya take a look at a pearl jam setlist as compared to a u2 setlist, take a guess at how many die hard pearl jam fans feel about u2 tours? lame. :shrug:

yes, fans are a fickle bunch aren't they? ;-)

Well, here's what the deal was with the 'secret' show:

The outdoor show at the Waimea Valley Audubon Center was part of the opening festivities for the Quiksilver Big Wave Invitational surfing competition.

The 15-song set mixed favorites like "Corduroy," "Even Flow," "Better Man" and "Do the Evolution" with covers of the Who's "Baba O'Riley," the Avengers' "The Amerikan in Me" and Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World," which featured a guest turn on guitar by surfer Kelly Slater. Slater, a longtime friend of Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, also sung portions of "Indifference."

Earlier in the day, Vedder participated in the annual Paddle Out ceremony along with Slater, Bruce Irons, Myles Padaca, Braden Dias and Andy Irons, among many others.

Next week, Pearl Jam will open the last show of U2's Vertigo tour at Aloha Stadium.

Here is Pearl Jam's set list:

"Corduroy"

"Do The Evolution"

"World Wide Suicide"

"Severed Hand"

"Even Flow"

"Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town"

"The Amerikan in Me"

"I Believe In Miracles"

"Can't Keep"

"Soon Forget"

"Crazy Mary"

"Indifference"

"Better Man"

"Baba O'Riley"

"Rockin' in the Free World"

Re: Re: PJ plays tonight... 12/2

as you said! this was from today's show.

061201041619.jpg

Bono and The Edge will get on stage with PJ for the long awaited return of the famous band U - Jam to sing Rocking in the Free World.

That is as sure as Night following Day.

I think it might be the other way around

with eddie vedder coming on stage at the first or second encore.

bono leaves the changed "wanna make poverty history" cheese-o-rama lyrics at home and just sings it the way it was written.

Lol. That would require Bono remembering the lyrics.
Actually I thought the U-Jam lyrics, cheesy or not, were performed so well, they sounded wonderful. And Eddie's line - "When she wakes up in the night, I hold my little girl..." Wow.

2006-12-02 Honolulu Hawaii

Ed Pre Set w/ Kings of Leon: Slow Nights, So Long

Set 1: Oceans, Corduroy, Animal, Do The Evolution, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Given To Fly, Love Boat Captain, Wishlist, Even Flow, You Are, Unemployable, Jeremy, Wasted Reprise, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Hawaii 78, Better Man, Porch

Encore 1: Inside Job, Man Of The Hour, Last Kiss, Crazy Mary, Black, Alive

Encore 2: You're True, Smile, Why Go, Big Wave, Life Wasted, Rockin' In The Free World (w/ Kings of Leon), Yellow Ledbetter/(Little Wing)

Back
Top Bottom