Pittsburgh-thoughts??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2_girlie_2002

War Child
I know that they've come to my area on basically every tour they've ever done, but I'm just a little worried after what was said a few months ago about not as many US dates this time around. Any thoughts?
Sorry, I worry too much
I don't know, :shrug: but, this'll be my first time seeing them and well, it would be a HUGE disappointment if it didn't work out.
*sigh*

Sometimes they hit pittsburgh while traveling up the east coast and other times they come in from the mid west. I am hoping they play pittsburgh as theyre traveling up the coast which would put the date somewhere around march 18-25. If not it could be much later sometime in april. Who knows...we should know in a week or two. This waiting business is wearing on me too!!! I go to pitt so ill be there regardless!!

I'd love for them to come through maybe on the second set of US dates (when they might be doing stadiums) and play Heinz Field or PNC Park.

That is, after they play Mellon Arena on the first leg of the tour :) .

I'm planning on seeing them in "da 'Burgh" as well, I realllllly hope they come through twice so I don't have to go to Cleveland to see them (I'd like to go to 2-3 shows)

The Pittsburgh show was amazing last time around.... I'm sure that they'll play on the new tour. I saw Popmart at 3 Rivers as well, and greatly preferred the intimacy of the Mellon Arena....

Oh - and THE STEELERS ARE GOING TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

drummerboy said:
The Pittsburgh show was amazing last time around.... I'm sure that they'll play on the new tour. I saw Popmart at 3 Rivers as well, and greatly preferred the intimacy of the Mellon Arena....

here we go! dananana here we go! dananana Steelers! Here we go! Pittsburgh's goin to da Superbowl!

Sorry couldn't help myself :wink:

drummerboy said:

Me too! Mellon Arena was awesome! I was in the heart about 2 people back from the front of the stage :drool:

Any Pittsburgher's plan on going to see them in Cleveland if they play there, I'd like to go to that show also. I'm also wishing they would play in State College because I'd make the trip for that too :drool:

Im not seeing Pittsburgh on the rumored tour dates for the spring....wtf......yes i know only rumors.

I would like to see U2 in Pittsburgh and maybe a guitar tech competition with Dallas Schu and Zakk Wylde's guitar tech. Sounds stupid but its funny to see this happen. Maybe he will be doing a spot call and do Edge the whole night. I see that happening.

jammin909 said:
Im not seeing Pittsburgh on the rumored tour dates for the spring....wtf......yes i know only rumors.

Pittsburgh was not on the spring first leg of the Joshua Tree Tour and it was not on the spring first leg of the ZOO TV tour either. If they do not hit on the first leg on the "BOMB" tour, they will come back in the fall to play there, just as they did on the Joshua Tree and ZOO TV tours.

fair enough, im just upset they could be skipping both pittsburgh and cleveland on the first leg.

They better haul their asses to Pittsburgh! I want them to play for my tribe! Besides, the city is crawling with Irish Americans, they all love U2.

U2 will most likely utilize a 270 degree end stage configuration (12-14,000 out of the 17,000 capacity) at the Mellon Arena when they hit Pittsburgh this year.

OH MAN I CANT WAIT. I WANTED TO GO TO THE 2001 MELLON ARENA SHOW (WHEN I HAD ONLY THE ATYCLB CD). I HAVE TO GO TO THIS ONE. THIS [PITTSBURGH] TOPIC ACTUALLY MADE ME JOIN THIS FORUM. LETS GO STILLERS UPPAIR!!! THREE RIVERS FOREVER!!!!!!!

popmart86 said:
OH MAN I CANT WAIT. I WANTED TO GO TO THE 2001 MELLON ARENA SHOW (WHEN I HAD ONLY THE ATYCLB CD). I HAVE TO GO TO THIS ONE. THIS [PITTSBURGH] TOPIC ACTUALLY MADE ME JOIN THIS FORUM. LETS GO STILLERS UPPAIR!!! THREE RIVERS FOREVER!!!!!!!

hey welcome!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)
Nothing like yinzer PLEBAs! :D

I read in the Weekend Mag from the PG about the tour being postponed due to a family illness! Is there any new details? I saw something at the main page about it being with Edge's fam.
I hope everyone is alright. That's my main prayer.

U2 are awesome n'at... I can't wait to see 'em play dahntahn at the arena..... I'll have to get a case or Arn City for the parkin' lot before the show.... Yinz should come......

drummerboy said:
U2 are awesome n'at... I can't wait to see 'em play dahntahn at the arena..... I'll have to get a case or Arn City for the parkin' lot before the show.... Yinz should come......

I'll meet you dahntahn after I go to Primanti's :wink:

I see them playing the Gund in dawg pound first leg then the Mellon in the burgh come fall.

Wow that was close! I had like 4 heart attacks between the 4th quarter and overtime.....

Patriots, Colts... doesn't matter.

Pittsburgh's gettin' one for the thumb, baby!

Back
Top Bottom