OZ/NZ - We have tickets, No Dates..and still waiting(patiently)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janneane

Babyface
Hi Everyone

Any one heard any rumors or anything about when we will find out about rescheduled dates for Vertigo.

Desperately trying to keep occupied to keep my mind of the fact that I should be having a U2 holiday right about now. I went shopping for plants today..how exciting.

You would think that we would have something by now.....it has been nearly 2 weeks since the supposed ännouncement"on the tuesday......

I thought that it would be re-scheduled for some time in Nov.

I waited patiently for the Lord
He inclined and heard my cry
He brought me up out of the pit
Out of the miry clay

I will sing, sing a new song

How long to sing this song?
How long...how long...how long...
How long...to sing this song

He set my feet upon a rock
And made my footsteps firm
Many will see
Many will see and fear

How long...how long...how long...

Today there would have been some very excited people in Queensland - should we have a moment in silence?? :silent: :wink:

Hmmm...

Right about now I should be at the Queensland sports aquatic center, somewhere in amongst all the other GA people with U2 about to walk on stage...

So how many more sleeps is it now ??

Maybe time to pop on the latest U2 dvd and crank it up very very loud.....only if I didn't have to get up at 5am!!! :) It would have been only 10 more sleeps for me.........*sigh*:(

Last night I played U2 records and watched the "Outside It's America" vid.

Not quite the same. :shrug: :wink:

Woulda be three more sleeps for me. :sigh:

Yesterday was very hard for me. I kept looking at my watch and thinking where I would have been. My day was planned out so well!

I ended up going down to the Suncorp Piazza and watching the U2 cover band Achtung Baby and the Nova broadcast. It was so depressing! I almost cried so many times! :(

Was anyone else there?

Dates on Tuesday!

No.

Dates next week!

Well, it's halfway through "next week" and still no sign of them.

Sigh. :(

The rumors I've been hearing for shows in NZ and OZ is late November or mid December - but again that's rumors and obviously nothing is official. If that' the case, then I'll be heading down under for those shows :hyper: :rockon:

I hope you're not referring to the "rumour" made up on the U2NewZooland forum that some people somehow fell for.

bono_man said:
Yesterday was very hard for me. I kept looking at my watch and thinking where I would have been. My day was planned out so well!

I ended up going down to the Suncorp Piazza and watching the U2 cover band Achtung Baby and the Nova broadcast. It was so depressing! I almost cried so many times! :(

Was anyone else there?

Yeah i was... I was the guy who (stupidly) got dragged into dancing with that drunk lady during 'Bad'... I have no idea what happened--- one second my girlfriend and I are enjoying Bad up the front, then all of a sudden I'm twirling round with some random lady during one of the best U2 songs ever... I felt sick after it.

How quiet was """Edge's""" guitar though? And how obscure was their version of Zoo Station. And they really increased the tempo of most songs quiet dramatically. But overall, it was better than sitting at home sulking... or, worse still, my other plan - just sitting at ANZ stadium - hoping somehow it was just a huge joke.

Earnie Shavers said:
Did that rumour name Sydney dates as November 24/25?

Yep, this is the post:

Originally posted by kiwigene on U2NewZooland
Here, how about we make up our own rumour and see how long it
takes for the media to pick up on it?

A good friend of mine has a mate who works in a recording studio
in Ireland. He knows a guy who used to tour with U2. Apparently
the new dates for the tour are definitely November and December.
Only the order will be a little different. Perth is being added for
Saturday November 11th. Then Adelaide on the 14th, Melbourne
on 17th and 18th, Brisbane on 21st, Sydney on 24th and 25th.
Auckland now on December 1 and 2. Hawaii December 9 and Japan
has two shows December 14th and 15th.

Of course, everything I've written is complete crap, but hey,
that's what most rumours are and you know what they say
"There's always a little truth in every rumour".

Source: http://www.u2newzooland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1940&st=30

The other rumour I have heard is that one of the Auckland shows is on November 6. Which started because somone had a ticket auction that said "U2 Ericcson Stadium Now Confirmed Nov 06".

Of course 06 means 2006. :rolleyes:

Axver said:
I hope you're not referring to the "rumour" made up on the U2NewZooland forum that some people somehow fell for.

I do remember reading that but I also listened to the interview Bono gave to a radio station in Auckland confirming it won't be until November that the band returns.....nonetheless I'm still heading that way whenever they confirm dates :dancing:

Im getting worried...its all so quiet!

Why would Bono say they are "this close" to announcing dates and that they "could be announced as early as tomorrow" and that was two weeks ago! Its just a little strange for him to come out and say that and then not hear a peep for so long. I could understand if he said that and it would take to the end of the week maybe...it just seems too long.

miracledrug83 said:

Yeah i was... I was the guy who (stupidly) got dragged into dancing with that drunk lady during 'Bad'... I have no idea what happened--- one second my girlfriend and I are enjoying Bad up the front, then all of a sudden I'm twirling round with some random lady during one of the best U2 songs ever... I felt sick after it.

How quiet was """Edge's""" guitar though? And how obscure was their version of Zoo Station. And they really increased the tempo of most songs quiet dramatically. But overall, it was better than sitting at home sulking... or, worse still, my other plan - just sitting at ANZ stadium - hoping somehow it was just a huge joke.

Haha! I was pretty close to you! She was a nutter! I would have died!

Did you go to Padua College by any chance? You looked familiar...

His voice was pretty strong but yes, the timing was often out or too fast. Zoo Station was terrible! It annoyed me. He was also forgetting the words a fair bit too! It was all very sad and it was hard for me to be there thinking about the real thing. Your right tho, better than sitting at home!

bono_man said:

Haha! I was pretty close to you! She was a nutter! I would have died!

Did you go to Padua College by any chance? You looked familiar...

His voice was pretty strong but yes, the timing was often out or too fast. Zoo Station was terrible! It annoyed me. He was also forgetting the words a fair bit too! It was all very sad and it was hard for me to be there thinking about the real thing. Your right tho, better than sitting at home!

He obviously played the part of Bono well if he was forgetting the words:lol:

Back
Top Bottom