OZ/NZ - We have tickets, No Dates..and still waiting(patiently)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: The latest from the rumour mill...

TampaDan said:
Good thing it's not complicated or uncertain or anything like that...

Exactly :wink:

I may be doing both Auckland and Melbourne - dates really don't matter - I just want to book my flights....

Re: Re: Re: Re: The latest from the rumour mill...

MsGiggles said:

Exactly :wink:

I may be doing both Auckland and Melbourne - dates really don't matter - I just want to book my flights....
Yes, that's exactly how I feel! It's hard to express concern over this, because one runs the risk of looking selfish and insensitive to the plight of the sick family member in question. Yet a lot of people have had their entire years turned upside down by this, people who are huge fans of this band and have spent/lost fortunes because of this, and they (ok, we) deserve a faster resolution to this matter than they are receiving. If someone is going to call me an insensitive lout for feeling this way, by all means have at it. It's been done before, and on this very forum in fact!

Last edited:
Just for fun of course, a small wager...

adrball said:
I got a spread bet on with a friend re rescheduled dates. Needless to say I'm significantly down and getting worse at $5/day.

My pocket as well as my mind is craving for an announcement!
Current odds on weekend for rescheduled Auckland shows:

3 and 4 November: 5-2
1 and 2 December: 4-1
any other weekend in 2006: 10-1
all shows canceled: 20-1
March 2007: 40-1

:dancing: Place your bets now, that's right, place those bets!!!!! :applaud:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The latest from the rumour mill...

TampaDan said:
Yes, that's exactly how I feel! It's hard to express concern over this, because one runs the risk of looking selfish and insensitive to the plight of the sick family member in question. Yet a lot of people have had their entire years turned upside down by this, people who are huge fans of this band and have spent/lost fortunes because of this, and they (ok, we) deserve a faster resolution to this matter than they are receiving. If someone is going to call me an insensitive lout for feeling this way, by all means have at it. It's been done before, and on this very forum in fact!

You're not being insensitive for feeling that way - for weeks we've been hearing the "rumors" that some arenas are booked so hopefully we'll get something confirmed soon.

I'm willing to wager either the Nov or Dec dates for Auckland but 2007???? I hope we and the folks down under won't have to wait that long....

Announcment

Hi,

I understand that the most important thing is for the family member who is ill to get better.

But I do understand the frustration people are feeling that there is no announcement of the reschedule dates.

There are technical issues for some people that are unavoidable like my friend for example. She needs 3-month notice to give her work to get the time off work. So really needs to know the dates by August if they are coming in November. Also she can only re-use her air fair this early December this year so she will be very much out of pocket if they are not reschedule for this year.

Lets hope the announcment will be made soon!

if you had a daughter who's gonna die a slow death in her teens would you play music for your fans? or anyone?

i'm going to scotland in October so i'm not gonna be able to see the two concerts i booked. and i'm a 'real fan'. but i guess we gotta try to empathize.

Back
Top Bottom