One Tree Hill Pre-Announcement Pre-Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think it's being kept secret due to a lack of finalising - I think the papers just didn't know enough to report. It's harder to make a story out of "U2's tour has been confirmed" than "U2 will tour, here's the dates, prices, etc."

I'm now so damn tense about this coming week. The anticipation is killing me.

nobody reads this

please let it be that... I'll just snap if Australia gets them and we don't (I know it sounds jealous and egocentrical, but you would be in the exact same position if it had been the other way around)

congrats to you, but I wanna be happy too, you know...

Maybe they just want to announce it tomorrow (ie Monday), the same day a new single is released here, or perhaps next Monday when the DVD comes out.

Axver said:

Yeah, exactly. I believe Earnie said 'Monday or Tuesday', but if it is announced on a US schedule, that could be as late as Wednesday.

Let's hope the announcement is local.

ok i am guessing that is this monday coming...(ie, tomorrow )
I just been reading the whole post...yep like all 580 or so. i seen the post mentioned on the u2.com messageboard and had to come read it
so we still waiting on this man to get back to us hay...
so who does he work 4 and how do we know hes 4 real?

Re: nobody reads this

pepokiss said:
please let it be that... I'll just snap if Australia gets them and we don't (I know it sounds jealous and egocentrical, but you would be in the exact same position if it had been the other way around)

Considering that Sao Paulo and Mexico City have been seen on tour crew date lists, I think U2 will be coming to that part of the world ... I hope they go to Chile for you.

Re: nobody reads this

pepokiss said:

I understand. It's not egocentric at all. We're all in the same boat. I hope you get some concerts too. :hug:

If they don't play Chile can you get to Brazil or Mexico?

arzcrack said:
Maybe they just want to announce it tomorrow (ie Monday), the same day a new single is released here, or perhaps next Monday when the DVD comes out.

DVD WHOOO wat will be on it? yay there is a x-mas przzie 4 me
new single tomorrow hay...wat will it be, n e ideas??

pepokiss said:

congrats to you, but I ganna be happy too, you know...

Naturally we hope you get them as well. But the difference between travelling from Australiasia to North America, and the difference between travelling from South America to North America shouldn't be discounted. U2 really do have to come to us for more than a handful of diehards to see them, wheras in South America, it is logistically a more simpler task to front at San Deigo or Miami.

Still, I really do hope you get them.

Also Axver, do you realise you are in the most perfect place in all of Australia for fares to NZ?

timothius said:
Also Axver, do you realise you are in the most perfect place in all of Australia for fares to NZ?

Ooh, am I? How do you reason? (Linkage to cheap fares?)

Precious3 said:
so we still waiting on this man to get back to us hay...
so who does he work 4 and how do we know hes 4 real?

He has told us all he knows. It's confirmed, a done deal and they are just waiting for it to be announced or leaked.

In the past he has given accurate commentary on what is happening, and given the sheer amount of rumours coming from all over the place, not to mention that U2 tour managers were 100% confirmed in Melbourne, we are all happy to believe he is right - and will be proven so by Tuesday. :)

Axver said:

Ooh, am I? How do you reason? (Linkage to cheap fares?)

Gold Coast -> Auckland is just one of those magical fares (Melbourne -> Wellington and Sydney -> Christchurch are others I believe). But GC is the best of the bunch. Try around but they are about $240 return plus a bit of tax should bring it to $300.

timothius said:

Gold Coast -> Auckland is just one of those magical fares (Melbourne -> Wellington and Sydney -> Christchurch are others I believe). But GC is the best of the bunch. Try around but they are about $240 return plus a bit of tax should bring it to $300.

Yep sure are cheap. i am going on a holiday to NZ in december and i got tickets from Gold Coast with Freedom Air for $165 one way to Wellington ( and to Auckland was the same price )

Shag On A Rock said:
Okay. I've signed up for Virginblues email list. Any other flight thingies I should be joining, please?

Qantas Red-E Deals also. :yes:

Your route though may open you up to some cheap flights from international planes making stopovers (i.e Bunous Aires -> Perth -> Sydney) at very cheap fares I don't know how to sign up for those, maybe just have a search on Zuji and compare. :wink:

Okay, I posted this in another thread last night:

Just watched a bit of Backstage Pass (missed most of it) which was mainly about U2 and the last comment was along the lines of the world tour being the biggest show of the year here in Aus!!!!!!

:hyper:

timothius said:

Qantas Red-E Deals also. :yes:

Your route though may open you up to some cheap flights from international planes making stopovers (i.e Bunous Aires -> Perth -> Sydney) at very cheap fares I don't know how to sign up for those, maybe just have a search on Zuji and compare. :wink:

:lmao:

That would be good!!!

timothius said:

He has told us all he knows. It's confirmed, a done deal and they are just waiting for it to be announced or leaked.

In the past he has given accurate commentary on what is happening, and given the sheer amount of rumours coming from all over the place, not to mention that U2 tour managers were 100% confirmed in Melbourne, we are all happy to believe he is right - and will be proven so by Tuesday. :)

Yeah, exactly. And he's given us two types of info:

1. 'Earnie Exclusives': stuff that hasn't been said elsewhere, and has not been contradicted or proven false.
2. Non-exclusives: information that at least one other independent source has echoed.

He's a respected long-term member of the forum and you don't get that kind of status by posing and spewing bullshit.

timothius said:

Ah, that's damn awesome news. I sure need to save my money for uni too so every cent I don't have to spend ... :drool:

Precious3 said:

Yep sure are cheap. i am going on a holiday to NZ in december and i got tickets from Gold Coast with Freedom Air for $165 one way to Wellington ( and to Auckland was the same price )

Are you on the Gold Coast too? We've a couple of other Gold Coast posters here - fullautoreverse, myself, and I think neilm.

Shag On A Rock said:

Unless it lands in Easter. 16th April 2006 and surrounding school holiday peak period.

Thank goodness it's a late Easter next year!

Shag On A Rock said:

Unless it lands in Easter. 16th April 2006 and surrounding school holiday peak period.

Very True. Although, in some ways that would come as a blessing for some people as it would make it easier for time off etc.

I'm hoping that the reason why St Patricks Day in Auckland is being announced is that they will start there (whilst dodging the end of the Commonwealth Games) then move to Australia to work there way through there. So it would probably run from 21st/22nd of March -> whenever, depending on how extensively they tour.

timothius said:

Very True. Although, in some ways that would come as a blessing for some people as it would make it easier for time off etc.

I'm hoping that the reason why St Patricks Day in Auckland is being announced is that they will start there (whilst dodging the end of the Commonwealth Games) then move to Australia to work there way through there. So it would probably run from 21st/22nd of March -> whenever, depending on how extensively they tour.

That would make a lot of sense. And as much as having time off uni would be handy, I'm more concerned about the money side of things. I can just skip class if I have to, but I can't magically find an extra few hundred dollars.

Axver said:

Yeah, exactly. And he's given us two types of info:

1. 'Earnie Exclusives': stuff that hasn't been said elsewhere, and has not been contradicted or proven false.
2. Non-exclusives: information that at least one other independent source has echoed.

He's a respected long-term member of the forum and you don't get that kind of status by posing and spewing bullshit.

oh that is great news. i cant wait! i will be on this site all day at work.

Back
Top Bottom